• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now with Breath of the Wild out it's time to remake these threads to get some renewed discussion and opinions which take into consideration the newest titles too.

So please let us know what you think below. How are your personal Zelda game rankings looking these days? Has Breath of the Wild taken your top place?

I'll keep this five each. Much easier that way.

Favourites
  • Wind Waker
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Twilight Princess
  • Breath of the Wild
  • A Link to the Past

Least favourite
  • Phantom Hourglass (**** this game)
  • FS/FSA/TFH (multiplayer Zelda is a bad idea, period)
  • Oracle of Seasons/Ages
  • Minish Cap
  • Skyward Sword

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
BotW has definitely become my new favourite Zelda game since its release, mostly due to its incredibly smooth gameplay and its breathtaking visuals. My least favourite has got to still be Zelda II simply because I can never seem to be bothered to beat it.

I tend to prefer the 3D Zelda games, so this is what my top 10 list looks like:

01. Breath of the Wild
02. The Wind Waker
03. Majora's Mask
04. Twilight Princess
05. Ocarina of Time
06. Skyward Sword
07. Spirit Tracks
08. Link's Awakening
09. A Link Between Worlds
10. The Minish Cap

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Admittedly, I hvaen't played enough of Breath of the Wild to add it to my list :P
Out of the games I've played a fair amount of:
1. Majora's Mask
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Twilight Princess
5. Skyward Sword
6. Phantom Hourglass
7. A Link to the Past
8. Zelda II
9. Spirit Tracks
10. Minish Cap
11. Four Swords

Instead of lists, I'll do tiers

Elder God Tier:
OoT, MM

Excellent Tier:
TP, AoL, LA

Bretty Guud Tier:
WW, Zelda 1, MC

Meh Tier:
FSA

Trash Tier:
SS

Not yet decided:
ALttP, BoTW

1. Links Awakening
  2. A Link to the Past
  3. Wind Waker
  4. OoT
  5. A Link Between Worlds
  6. Oracle Of Seasons
  7. Oracle Of Ages
  8. Majora's Mask
  9. Breath of the Wild
  10. Minish Cap
  11. Phantom Hourglass
  12. Spirit Trash
  13. ToZ

Haven't played the rest enough yet.

I used to have much more a defined structure in my order of favorites to least favorites, but it's sort of become looser over time. I kind of have to blindly guess placements now actually, and a lot of entries are pretty interchangeable, but the complete list order is in my signature like most people.

Current top five goes something like
1. A Link to the Past
2. The Wind Waker
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Phantom Hourglass
5. The Minish Cap

And it's been like that for awhile.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've made myself a more complicated ranking system for the Zelda games, simply because I find it hard to make a definite list ranking them in a specific order. Instead I've made groups that describe my relationship to the games and rank the games within their respective group.

Group A: My favourites
1. Breath of the Wild
2. A Link Between Worlds
3. Wind Waker
4. Twilight Princess
5. Ocarina of Time
6. Minish Cap

Each six of these titles are games I've thoroughly enjoyed and will happily replay. I love them to death. I will say that there's a larger gap between BotW and the other five, simply because BotW is in its own league in a way. I love each of these games, and even the issues I have with them are so minor or so to the sidelines that it doesn't matter.

Group B: Like, but aren't favourites
1. Oracle of Seasons
2. Link's Awakening

These two I enjoy, but not quite to the degree of my top 6, I might play them again, but it's not a priority for me.

Group C: Love/hate
1. Skyward Sword
2. Spirit Tracks
3. Majora's Mask

There are things in these games I really, really love, but at the same time there are things in these games that makes me put them down and not want to continue playing. With SS it's the motion controls issues and the dreaded silent realms, with ST it's the stylus controls dampening the fun, with MM it's not just the 3 day cycle, but I just can't seem to get into the side-quests that everyone raves about. I just lack the patience and interest to bother with them.

Group D: Replaced by another title
1. Oracle of Ages (OoS)
2. A Link to the Past (ALBW)
3. The Legend of Zelda (BotW)

With the first two I played another title before them that was a similar, but more engaging experience for me, and with the third it just didn't engage me. I didn't hate it, but it was relatively boring for me, and now definitely with BotW there is no need for me to ever try playing it again.

Group E: Hated upon playing
1. The Adventures of Link

I don't mind a challenge, but at least give me the chance to learn before killing me off and sending me to the beginning... this is the game I ragequit and I don't ever want to play it again.

Ones I loved:
Breath Of The Wild
WindWaker
Twilight Princess
Ocarina Of Time
Majora's Mask
Ones I Liked:
Skyward Sword
A Link To The Past
A Link Between Worlds
Minish Cap
Ones I Didn't Mind:
The Oracle Games
Links Awakening
Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass
Ones I Thought Were Eeh
Legend Of Zelda
Adventure Of Link
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventures
Ones I Hated:
Three Letters: CDI

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I love Breath of The Wild. It's definitely one of my favorite Zelda games, but I'm not sure if it's claimed the title of "most favorite." I still love The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. They'll be hard to top.
To be honest, I'm already excited for the next Zelda game. Maybe once it's announced, it'll be my new top favorite.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3 and 4. Still working out whether I prefer Breath of the Wild over Skyward Sword. SS had a stronger story and a much greater impact on me at the time of its release than BotW. That said, BotW miiight edge out based purely on the fun factor. Admittedly, I probably won't know the answer until I play through BotW a second or third time.
5. A Link Between Worlds
6. The Wind Waker
7. A Link to the Past
8. Four Swords Adventures
9. Minish Cap
10. Majora's Mask
11. Spirit Tracks
12. Legend of Zelda
13. Phantom Hourglass

Still haven't completed Zelda II, Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, Four Swords or Tri Force Heroes. Someday!

Aku

Favorite:
LoZ, BOTW (Tie)

Liked:
WW, ALBW

Didn't Like:
TP, OoT (Only good parts were Ganon/Ganondorf fights,
along with Nabooro, Twinrova and the Gerudo)

Didn't Play Yet:
AoL

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm not gonna post my whole list because it's in my signature. Breath of the Wild has replaced Spirit Tracks as my favorite Zelda game. As it happens, it is also my favorite video game period now. Twilight Princess is still at the bottom where it belongs.

I actually used to be able to list my top ten off the top of my head but after playing through BotW I didn't know if I could stick to my list. So right now I'm playing through all of the Zelda games in the order they were released and at the end I'm gonna determine what my top ten list would actually be.

but if you were wondering heres my old list:
1: WW (Wind Waker)
2: MM (Majoras Mask)
3: SS (Skyward Sword)
4: ALBW (A Link Between Worlds)
5: OoT (Ocarina of Time)
6: TMC (The Minish Cap)
7: TP (Twilight Princess)
8: ALttP (A Link to the Past)
9: FSA (Four Swords Adventure)
10: LoZ (Legend of Zelda)

And for a little bit of shameless self promotion while playing through all the games I'm actually doing lets plays on them and calling it "The Zelda Project".
If your interested, channel: Malignant Memes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom