• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeons

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
For my favorite dungeons..

The Lakebed Temple and Snowpeak Ruins (TP) are both tied for first place. I just kind of love everything about both of those temples.
I also enjoy TP's version of Hyrule Castle, I only wish there was more to it. Seems so short.

As for least favorites..

Jabu Jabu (OOT) I despise everything about it and dread it every time I replay that game.
City in the Sky (TP) is also a temple that I end up dreading, everything about it just annoys me.
Two other dungeons that I'm not a fan of are Vah Naboris (BOTW), strictly for the AWFUL boss fight, and the Goron Mines (TP) are tedious as well.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
My favorite and least favorite haven't really changed, I still love Ice cavern and hate great bay, You just can't beat nature, or the overuse of the Zora mask.

For 3D dungeons I actually really like Dragon Roost Cavern, which is probably not a popular choice.

My least favourite 3D dungeon is definitely Vah Naboris, no doubt about that.

Favourites for each of 3D game:
OOT - Fire Temple
MM - Snowhead Temple
TWW - Dragon Roost Cavern
TP - Snowpeak Ruins
SS - The Sandship
BOTW - Hyrule Castle

Least favourites for each 3D game:
OOT - Inside Ganondorf's Castle
MM - Stone Tower Temple
TWW - Wind Temple (still like it though)
TP - Palace Of Twilight
SS - Sky Keep (only because I find it so damn hard)
BOTW - Vah Naboris

Hydef Hyrule

HD and beyond
So many classic dungeons to choose from.

Best:
Link to the Past:
Hyrule Castle,
Eastern Palace (The game starts off so strongly!),
Palace of Darkness (OMG, wonderful atmosphere),
Skull Woods (Same)

Ocarina of Time:
Great Deku Tree (Another masterclass in introducing the gameplay mechanics of the game, organically, introducing players to 3D verticality, etc)
Dodongo's Cavern (The increased size and dangers feel perfect for the place in the story. The first time the Lizard guys pop out with the miniboss music is the first time in the game you genuinely are in danger, awesome)
Forest Temple (Super unique atmosphere, music. One of the most distinct haunted vibes in any game ever)
Spirit Temple (Again, nailed the vibe here. It genuinely feels foreign compared to the architecture and atmosphere of the rest of the game. The stuff with Mirror Shield feels great too.

Majora's Mask
Stone Tower Temple (You can tell I love the dungeons with distinct, only-get-them-from-Zelda-games kinds of feel. Reinforces the core story concepts of MM in tons of ways.

Wind Waker
Tower of the Gods (Epic feeling, great architecture.)
Earth Temple (Awesome ancient feeling. Working with Medli feels great too.)

Twilight Princess
Arbiter's Grounds (The spinner, atmosphere, and boss are all cool)
Snowpeak Ruins (Distinctly Zelda, nice puzzles and scenery.
Temple of Time (To flesh the Temple of Time into a dungeon feels awesome. The dominion rod rules)
City in the Sky (Like something out of a dream. Feels like a sequel to OoT's Forest Temple, atmospherically. Epic item and boss...)

Skyward Sword
Ancient Cistern (Masterclass Zelda dungeon. Amazing boss. If only the rest of the game was this good)

Pretty much all of the classic Zelda 1 dungeons are sweet. I can't think of anything that stands out as particularly awful at the moment....

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Favorite: Forest Temple (OoT), Water Temple, Spirit Temple, Stone Tower Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, City in the Sky,

Least Favorite: Tower of Hera (Both ALttP and ALBW), Fire Temple, Great Bay Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Palace of Twilight

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Favorite: Forest Temple (OoT), Water Temple, Spirit Temple, Stone Tower Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, City in the Sky,

Least Favorite: Tower of Hera (Both ALttP and ALBW), Fire Temple, Great Bay Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Palace of Twilight
What's wrong with Great Bay?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
What's wrong with Great Bay?
Of all the things on my list, that's what you had a problem with? XD

That dungeon was hard to navigate especially with how annoying it is to swim as Zora Link. Gyorg is also the worst boss in that game. I just hate Great Bay's area as a whole as well. The only thing I liked about Great Bay is that's where you get the Ice Arrows and those were pretty fun to use.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Of all the things on my list, that's what you had a problem with? XD

That dungeon was hard to navigate especially with how annoying it is to swim as Zora Link. Gyorg is also the worst boss in that game. I just hate Great Bay's area as a whole as well. The only thing I liked about Great Bay is that's where you get the Ice Arrows and those were pretty fun to use.
I happened to love the death out of Great Bay, and I don't rven remember if this is on my old list on here, but I loved it. Gyorg did suck, tho

Sigh there needs to be one of these threads for the boss monsters... In which case, I'd put Eox from Phantom Hourglass as my favorite (just loved it for some reason), and Phantom Ganon as my least (repetitive and annoying camera railing conflicts).

For dungeons, I'd go with Sky Keep with it's maze mechanic (albeit it was a bit too easy; yes I got all the way to the Triforce in SS but never finished the game) for my favorite, and Level 7 in the original Zelda which is where I kept getting stuck, unable to figure out how to progress all the way through it somehow so yeah I'll list that as my least favorite for now.

Favorite Dungeons in 3D Zelda games:

OoT:

1.) Shadow Temple, so dark and eerie.
2.) Spirit Temple, I had a dream after beating that dungeon. In my dream you could switch the gravity in it (Foreshadowing much).
3.) Forest Temple, if it's creepy and has ghosts I love it.

MM:

1.) Stone Tower Temple, three words "Dream come true."
2.) Woodfall Temple, but after Woodfall they only make you use the transformation Mask you just obtain. Sorry, Snowpeak and Great Bay fall short on expectations.
3.) The Moon, because you have to give up everything before fighting Majora.

WW:

1.) Earth Temple, what did I say about ghosts in dungeons.
2.) Tower of the Gods, the boss of that dungeon is such a nostalgia trip.
3.) Forebidden Woods, it taught me an important lesson: never trust giant beautiful flowers.

TP:

1.) Arbiter's Grounds, do I need to repeat myself a third time.
2.) City in the Sky, only because of the boss of that dungeon.
3.) Forest Temple, I may have a thing for forest-based dungeons. It's because I'm a flower isn't it.

SS/BotW:

To be honest, I stopped buying Zelda games after they made Link right-handed. I'm left-handed and that's the only reason I played Zelda games to begin with.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
To be honest, I stopped buying Zelda games after they made Link right-handed. I'm left-handed and that's the only reason I played Zelda games to begin with.

3.) Forest Temple, I may have a thing for forest-based dungeons. It's because I'm a flower isn't it.
Just a few things:

1- what is a flower (In your context)

2- Eww TP Forest Temple

3- A little off topic but doesn't it seem weird that you aren't playing Zelda just because he is righty? Like you are skipping out on entire games because he is right handed

Just a few things:

1- what is a flower (In your context)

2- Eww TP Forest Temple

3- A little off topic but doesn't it seem weird that you aren't playing Zelda just because he is righty? Like you are skipping out on entire games because he is right handed

Okay to answer your first question, just watch the Sonic X anime, then you'll get the joke. The Forest Temple in TP is a nice call back to OoT, but we each have our own opinion. And try playing SS using your non-dominant hand to control the Wiimote it's a pain. If there is an option to change it I will save up money to buy it, however when I play TP on the Wii I only comfortable using jump-attacks and spin-attacks, and I'm actually thinking about getting BotW on the WiiU only because I don't have a switch because I'm broke. I'm actually just now getting TP for the GCN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom