• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Evidence Supporting the Hidden Village from TP Being Kakariko Village from OoT

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Note: This thread was previously on here, but due to recent circumstances, it was removed. I'm now reposting it up on here. :)

There's a theory out there that the Hidden Village from TP is the Kakariko Village from OoT. Some evidence exists that supports this theory:​
  1. When translated, the sign that stands at the entrance to the Hidden Village says "Welcome to Old Kakarico". (Before you think I mispelled the word it actually is translated with a 'c' instead of a 'k' at that part of the word, 'Kakariko'.)
  2. Impaz (the old woman who lives there) claims that her name comes from the founder of her village. (Aka Impa from OoT)
(There may be more evidence that this, but for right now I'm sticking with those pieces.)

There's also evidence that says that the Hidden Village is not Kakariko Village from OoT. The evidence is as follows:
  1. The Kakariko Village of TP, shares more similarities with the Kakariko Village of OoT. Hence with there being a graveyard there and how close it is to Death Mountain.
With that being said, I have found another piece of evidence that supports that idea that the Hidden Village is the Kakariko Village from OoT. I discovered it today when I was playing the "talk to the cats" mini-game on TP.

As I was trying to find the little felines, I came across an old-looking dresser (not sure if this is what it is) and started examining. Imagine my reaction when I came across this symbol being on one of the drawers:

DSC00101.jpg

(Forgive me for the blurriness of the picture. This was the best one I could get. :( )

As you see it is in fact the symbol the Skeikah, the original inhabitants of Kakariko Village in OoT. Why would this symbol be here in the Hidden Village if this village and the Kakariko Village from OoT are not one and the same?

That's why I think the appearance of this symbol in the Hidden Village supports the theory of it being the same Kakariko Village from OoT.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on the matter. :)

It is less likely according to the Geography of OoT and TP seeing as the Gamecube version Kakariko Village was very close to where it was in comparason to Hyrule Castle and Town Market for OoT. Also the fact that Kakariko leads up Death Mountain to where the Goron's all currently live.

It is closer to where the Gerudo's Fortress was but as you can see they are two very different places. Although this doesn't entirely disprove it. Infact, It doesn't really do much to dent its possibility. There is the fact against that my theory that the ToT and Hyrule Castle are so far apart, My theory could mean nothing.

Its possible that it is Kakariko Village, But the current Kakariko has more evidence to its name towards proving it is the original.

Zarom

The King
Me I think the Hidden Village is the old Kakariko Village of OOT. There are some evidences about it. The other Kakariko is just a new village. They reconstructed it and name it after the previous village.

As for the locations, that doesn't mean anything. The ToT is apart from Hyrule Castle Town but still it is the same.
Others locations have also changed. The Lake Hylia, Zora's river and Zora's Domain are some exemples of it. They were originally on the east of the map, now they are on the north. :hmm:

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
That's some pretty good evidence. I fully support your theory. The Kakariko Village in Twilight Princess is the "New Kakariko Village" and it appears the Hidden Village (Or "Old Kakariko) is the Kakariko Village in Ocarina of Time, but possible attacked so they moved villages during the time between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, hence the New in New Kakariko Village.

Also, I'm guessing the New Kakariko is just fan-service or something.

It is a very valid Idea but the it doesn't have the main features of Kakariko.

Although the sign does say Kakarico, Which is a big hint and then you have Impaz getting her name from OoT's Impa. This and the Shiekah symbol strongly suggest that this is but....

But there is strong evidence against it:

TP's Kakariko does infact have a graveyard like that of OoT, The Hidden Village doesn't show anything suggesting there was a graveyard, This has always been a main feature.

OoT's Kakariko has a Well in it, Although the location of the well has moved someone above stated that Location doesn't matter so it makes no difference. The bottom of the well may have changed greatly but a lot of things that have changed in TP.

Although I don't know how strong the following evidence is it is enough to convince me slightly more that the current Kakariko is the OoT Kakariko.

Renado, Though you wouldn't think of this, Maybe of Shiekah heritage (sp?) himself as if you walk up behind his daughter Luda and look closely, There is a symbol that closely resembles that of the Shiekah Symbol.

I don't think that this is strong evidence but can be evidence nonetheless (I used 'can' because I haven't checked this out myself). I have seen somewhere that if you look behind the Grave of the Zora King that you can see something that looks like the enterance to the Shadow Temple sealed up, again, I don't know if this is correct and can be used

Zarom

The King
I've said that ANY locations don't have any matter. Now about the village and all that: :devil:

Lake Hylia is the same lake as in OOT, but they have changed things about it: added a cave for the spirit, had a bridge on top of it,etc.

Hyrule Castle Town is the same village as in OOT, but again, it is changed. They made it bigger and they add lots of things.

Deat Mountain has changed dramatically, but it is still the same as in OOT.

Zora's Domain has also changed in a lot of ways (as for Zora's River)

See? These are just some of them. They are also the kokiri forest, the lost woods, the desert, etc. :nod:

Nintendo have made the game a lot of changes then OOT. Why? Because they didn't want it to be the same game or have all the same locations at all of their places. (But Hyrule stays Hyrule, so they can't really change all, isn't it?) Imagine just a second TP with the same Hyrule as in OOT. It wouldn't be Twilight Princess anymore, but rather: Ocarina of Time: The Twilight Invasion, or something like that. :nod::nod::nod:

The same happened with the Kokiri Sword in MM. :cool:

I've said that ANY locations don't have any matter. Now about the village and all that: :devil:

Lake Hylia is the same lake as in OOT, but they have changed things about it: added a cave for the spirit, had a bridge on top of it,etc.

Hyrule Castle Town is the same village as in OOT, but again, it is changed. They made it bigger and they add lots of things.

Deat Mountain has changed dramatically, but it is still the same as in OOT.

Zora's Domain has also changed in a lot of ways (as for Zora's River)

See? These are just some of them. They are also the kokiri forest, the lost woods, the desert, etc. :nod:

Nintendo have made the game a lot of changes then OOT. Why? Because they didn't want it to be the same game or have all the same locations at all of their places. (But Hyrule stays Hyrule, so they can't really change all, isn't it?) Imagine just a second TP with the same Hyrule as in OOT. It wouldn't be Twilight Princess anymore, but rather: Ocarina of Time: The Twilight Invasion, or something like that. :nod::nod::nod:

The same happened with the Kokiri Sword in MM. :cool:

I really don't see what this proves or disproves (sp? of both), All I can get out of the first half is that the places have changed, Which doesn't really mean anything.

Also, Twilight Princess is a distant sequel to Ocarina of Time so I expect for there to be similar things in each game. So if there was a 2nd TP in the making it could easily have the same mapping/locations of OoT in the same place but with roughly 100 years of ageing (seeing as that is the time difference between the 2). So really, Location does have a factor in some areas, Like location of features (e.g. The Well and Graveyard).

Again, I am not sure of what you are trying to say so I may have interpretated it wrongly.....

Zarom

The King
Actually, all I want to say is that the Hidden Village in TP IS the old Kakariko Village from OOT. :nod:
And you are always trying to disprove that, so I come up with some arguments. :rolleyes:

And on top of that, if they create a future Zelda sequel for TP, the creators would change a bit the map (it will NEVER happen, unless the game happens in another land than Hyrule.) When they will take the Hyrule Map again, they would again and always change it in lots of ways. After all, they don't want to make always the same games, they always need to come up with something new. :D:D:D

That...is all. :cool:

Yes, I know that but my point is that Nintendo have usually made Kakariko quite consistant with the Graveyard....A major hint against the Hidden Village being Kakarico. Also the more recent ones that I know off usually have a trail leading from Kakariko to Death Mountain.

Although yes, the sign is a major hint it could just be a Easter Egg, It is possible....but it still isn't enough to disprove this theory....

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Let's say it is Kakariko village from OOT.

Lot's of people would say that "It is not located near Death Mountain" or something else. But this is hundreds of years after OoT and many things have changed. What if Ganondorf really destroyed Hyrule in OoT? I mean Link got sent back in time to live his life again. What if Ganondorf took his chance?

And there is much evidence of the Hidden Village being similar to Kakariko Village in OoT as explained above and this is what is left of it. A deserted place in the middle of nowhere.

HaruHaru

The one with pickles
I do think you have very good evidence supporting that theory, Knowlee! But look at this.

54603430.png

Sorry for the bad picture, but as you can see, the Kakariko Village map in OOT, looks nothing like the Hidden Village map in TP. Just to let you know, I am NOT trying to Put you down or get rid of your theory. I agree with you, But i just made this picture to show the difference of the maps.

Steve

5/19/13
Let's say it is Kakariko village from OOT.

Lot's of people would say that "It is not located near Death Mountain" or something else. But this is hundreds of years after OoT and many things have changed. What if Ganondorf really destroyed Hyrule in OoT? I mean Link got sent back in time to live his life again. What if Ganondorf took his chance?

And there is much evidence of the Hidden Village being similar to Kakariko Village in OoT as explained above and this is what is left of it. A deserted place in the middle of nowhere.

Twilight Princess takes place about 100 years after Ocarina of Time, and it takes millions of years to see a drastic change in geography like that. Second of all, Link returned to the past, and warned the king of Ganondorf's plan to invade Hyrule, after getting the Triforce of Power. He was then arrested by the sages and ended up being sealed within the Twilight Realm, which we see in TP. Personally, my theory is that Kakariko Village was not the true home of the Sheikah, and they had a secret village of there own in the mountains, aka the "Hidden Village". Obviously, Ganon's minions discovered the village long before the events of TP, and raided it.

HaruHaru

The one with pickles
I see what you are trying to say. If the games did take place 100 years apart, then my evidence proving the villages are different is a bunch of crap.

Z

ZeldaGirl1

Hey, lets not forget that Hyrule will most likely move towns and cities around throughout the years :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom