• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Crash Bandicoot on PS4?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm sure I'm not the only person here who has fond memories of Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot. He fell off the radar slightly after a series of not so successful titles, and the Crash Bandicoot license has been laying dormant under Activision's control for quite some time now. There were rumours, however, and teasers, of the Crash license being reverted back to Sony's control, and we could see a brand new game on the Playstation 4, perhaps even developed by Naughty Dog, who have since moved on to more mature titles like The Last of Us and didn't seem interested in bringing back older franchises, specifically Jak & Daxter.

Cocobandicoot, on Reddit, made a very detailed post about how it seems that the Crash Bandicoot license has reverted back to Sony's control, due to the Activision-owned official Crash Bandicoot website now having been taken down and all traces of Crash vanishing from their website.

Cocobandicoot said:
The official Crash Bandicoot website, owned and operated by Activision, has been taken down. The latest archived version of the site is from this past summer, when rumors of a Sony acquisition of the franchise started popping up.

Additionally, the Crash Bandicoot brand has been completely removed from Activision's main website, and any search through their homepage no longer yields any results. Previously, links to their licensed Crash games were available. Also, their support pages no longer offer support for Crash: Mind Over Mutant (the last game released), or their iOS kart racers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1r5qo4/the_official_crash_bandicoot_website_owned_and/

The post also has a very interesting timeline of Crash Bandicoot and many teases and leaks pointing to a new game. Well worth a read, and you can find it by clicking on the link above.

So, Crash Bandicoot. Do you think Sony's gearing up for a brand new game in the series, or perhaps plans to re-release the old games on the Playstation 4? Either way, I hope we see something.

ORQCxAs.png

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I don't ask much of this world, especially of Sony, from whom I have not purchased a console since the original PlayStation well over 10 years ago. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon were no longer exclusive series following, and anything I found remotely interesting on PlayStation systems were available on other consoles. If this piece of news is true and a new Crash Bandicoot is or will be in development, I will purchase a PS4 and acquire the game, no matter the style.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
See things that confuse me, if an IP isn't making a company money, and has been un used for several years, why not seek to sell it?

hint hint campcom

O

ozjaybee

I hope they do it in the same style as the original PS1 classics. <3

Me too! Crash Bandicoot 2 was my very first PSOne game and i spent countless hours trying to get 100% but my favorite was Warped by far. Either way, if they do...i hope its better then the recent versions that have come out :-(

If this is real. I would be so happy! The Crash Bandicoot series was one of my all time favorite growing up. Crash Bandicoot 2 Cortex Strikes back was my favorite!

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Personally, I dont see why Sony doesn't buy Crash. If they had Naughty Dog making it again it would be a sure fire success. Afterall, Crash was the original Sony mascot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom