• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time New Content in Ocarina of Time 3D

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
If there's already a thread about this, sorry. I didn't notice one.

In an Iwata Asks interview, Iwata says:

"Of course, the Nintendo 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is crammed with interesting things that weren't in the Nintendo 64 version, but we'll wait to talk about those at the release."

So, Ocarina of Time will obviously not just be a port with better graphics. It has been said that Ocarina of Time 3D will have the Master Quest version included, but what do you think some possible "interesting things" will be?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Perhaps some of the REAL content from Ura Zelda that everyone keeps forgetting about. Like the other items, other tunics. More sidequests, more mini-levels. The stuff they originally promised in Ura Zelda that now everyone is so convinced is just MQ.
I'm not like everyone else that doesn't want the game changed. Anything they can do to make it more fulfilling is great by my book. And besides, it's their game. If they want to add stuff they can.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Likely just more dialog and sidequest, and likely more mini game stuff. I don't see there being a massive array of new content. I still dream for a Ganondorf backstory with more detail...

I'm hoping for some beta stuff like the Unicorn Fountain, Wind/Ice/Light temple..
Of course that would probobly not happen but I just think all that unseen conent is really cool :/

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Could simply be all or most the cut content too. They had to cut out a lot of stuff just to get it to fit on the cartridge.

I'm sort of afraid that he was just talking about the new way of aiming, and the touch screen having the item menu, and all of that stuff. I really hope that's not all it is, but I'll probably buy the game whether or which. Just expect the worst, and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
If they do add some new content in, I imagine they won't change the main plot progression: I'm thinking that likely any new dungeons will be side things that are completely optional (which would still be okay with me). It would be awesome to have some totally new items, but I think that's highly unlikely for a remake. I really don't know what they might put in, but I have a hard time thinking of any other collectibles, or other things they could reward you with for completing any new side-dungeons.
It would be awesome if they made it so that the medallions actually gave you some kind of ability or something, maybe some kind of sword-technique, but that'll never happen.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Ocarina of Time was intended to be the flagship title of the Nintendo 64DD peripheral. These discs had twice the space as the standard N64 cartridges. Sometime later in development they switched around and decided to release it on the standard N64 instead. So... with twice the space to work with.... just imagine how much they had to cut out to get it on that 32MB cartridge... Assuming the story was not significantly different it could have meant a lot of extra sidequests, mini-dungeons, characters, maybe some items.

CuccoFighter

時間の英雄
I wonder if they'll will include the missing temples from Ura zelda! I would personally LOVE to play the temples that were never released!
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom