• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time New Character Animations

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
So, we know that OoT 3D was supposed to feature all new things. Some of those new things are added character animations.

So, the new animations i've seen so far are:
~Link's running animation is smoother
~Link has the Sword Twirl first seen in Twilight Princess when targeting
~In hot/humid places, Link will fix himself and spread his arms, as if airing out his pits. xD
~In cold/damp places, Link will shiver and then sneeze
~His "pulling self up" animation's different, smoother.
~Sheik's Cool Ninja move before he reveals himself is EPIC!

So, anyone else seen any changes in character animations?

Post below.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The jump animation seems to be the most obvious to me.

[video=youtube;2A_1IDwX0Cw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_1IDwX0Cw[/video]

He now spreads his arms when jumping instead of making te "jogging" position (I don't have a better word for it) that used to be the jump animation. That can be seen right at the beginning.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but those idle animations were in the original as well.
Actually, i checked the game.. he doesn't do those.

N64: "fixes Tunic" "swings sword" "looks around" "shakes his shield" "clamps his boots" "yawns and stretches"
3DS: all of the above mentioned plus "shivers" "sneezes" "acts as if he's hot"

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Nope, he actually does. I'm playing N64 and standing in Ice Caver he's shivering (have yet to see him sneeze, or maybe I'm just not counting what could possibly be a light sneeze) and just came from Death Mountain and he is all hot and wipes sweat off of his forehead and such.

D

Dogninja

Whoa, he twirls his sword like in TP, huh I never noticed that.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
I never played the original but watched plenty of gameplay and I like those little touch ups

M

Morshu

I noticed the sword twirl that he does, and i found that pretty cool

Big Octo

=^)
The Goron standing-up animation is a little different. In the original, it was more of a lazy 'picking themselves up motion.' In 3D, they sit up, and then jump up in a quick, awoken manner.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link shivers then sneezes while looking around (for heat?), take him to Zora's Domain as an Adult and leave him idle for a while. He also does the heat reaction you said. Otherwise it's the normal "look right look left, adjust shield, adjust swordarm" ani he does. Anyone have a GIF or maybe even a video for the sword twirl? I'd love to see it but I don't have a 3DS.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
v How has this not been brought up yet?

Mido stomps his feet vigorously while in the N64/GC versions it's not as rapid. Also, the carpenters' running style in Kakariko Village is smoother. And the head caprpenter's animation seems less like he's yelling at nothing.

Big Octo

=^)
^The head carpenter's animation always looked like that. It's true the carpenters run more smoothly, but more like (Dare I say it?) little girls . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom