• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Capcom zelda game

Would you want a new Zelda game made by Capcom like MC and the oracle games?
I think those entries are my absolute favorites alongside BotW and OoT.
Tell me your answers and why, I'm curious

Yes and no. I personally didnt like the Minish Cap and didn't much care for the Oracle games either despite them not actually being all that bad, Capcom proved they can make Zelda games and I wouldn't against more Zelda...

However, the mere fact Capcom were involved has ended with their being odd rights issues with Capcom and Nintendo. I'm sure the reasons why we didn't get the likes of Veran, Onox, Nayru and Din and Vaati in the likes of Hyrule Warriors or Smash has to do with Capcom's involvement.

So in that instance... no, don't make more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think the current capcom games fit well into the lore. But of course I know some of Nintendo's own games really don't either now so I don't feel like arguing against letting them do another on that ground.

I'm not a fan of the 2D Zelda's like I am the 3D ones (Them making garbage like FSA and TFH doesn't help their cause either) so if they were to make one I'd hope for them to try a 3D entry this time seeing as Nintendo themselves haven't made anything exceptional in terms of Zelda since 2006. I do believe Hyrule Warriors, made by the 3rd Party, Koei Tecmo was very good however therefore I think other 3rd parties should get a crack at the series too.

I don't think the current capcom games fit well into the lore. But of course I know some of Nintendo's own games really don't either now so I don't feel like arguing against letting them do another on that ground.

I'm not a fan of the 2D Zelda's like I am the 3D ones (Them making garbage like FSA and TFH doesn't help their cause either) so if they were to make one I'd hope for them to try a 3D entry this time seeing as Nintendo themselves haven't made anything exceptional in terms of Zelda since 2006. I do believe Hyrule Warriors, made by the 3rd Party, Koei Tecmo was very good however therefore I think other 3rd parties should get a crack at the series too.
FSA and TFH are much more multiplayer than anything (I dont like them that much either), the 2d games I want are the "pure-singleplayer-campaign" ones, like the older ones.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I mean I hate the oracle games but they function well enough as zelda games, and I loved minish cap, so at least in that regard it'd be cool to see them try their hand at zelda again

Quin

Disaster Master
However, the mere fact Capcom were involved has ended with their being odd rights issues with Capcom and Nintendo. I'm sure the reasons why we didn't get the likes of Veran, Onox, Nayru and Din and Vaati in the likes of Hyrule Warriors or Smash has to do with Capcom's involvement.
I'm pretty sure all the rights of those zelda games are still owned by Nintendo, They just hate work that are not done by themselves and like to act like it doesn't exist. This isn't the first time they've done it.

The series was still somewhat young at the point in time, but at this point I doubt they will ever give the zelda series away again except for ports/remakes. I was expecting a new grezzo 3ds game for a while but after two remakes they still didn't trust them and they had to make a new IP

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Probably not that relevant, but it's funny when you notice both BotW and SS share director with both MC and the Oracle games. Probably not the biggest thing in common since it's just one staff member (as far as I know, I'm too lazy to comb the credits right now) and the games are very different eitherway.

What this does make me think is how the Devil May Cry/Dragon's Dogma team would handle Zelda. Dragon's Dogma at least is a fantasy open world game with some kind of climbing mechanic so it's slightly less outlandish to imagine than it would seem at first. Fun to think about.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
No. BotW is the future of Zelda. Those gameboy Zeldas are history. However, I am not averse to handheld zelda games. ALBW is one of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom