• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Art Styles In Zelda

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The Zelda series is known for adapting different kind of art styles in the respective games. These can be different aesthetic directions, or art styles based on real-life art.

We've had two different takes on celshading (toony and semi-realistic) in Wind Waker and BotW respectively. Pixel-based games of course. Grimy/gritty style with Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword went with a kind of pastel/watercolor look, while Link's Awakening Switch looks like something like a toy box come to life.

Some of Nintendo's other series has adapted different paint/art aesthetics as well, like crayon, (Yoshi's Island) wool, (Yoshi's woolly World) impressionism (Certain levels of New Super Mario Bros. U) and paper craft (Paper Mario series.)

Which kind of new art styles, maybe styles based on real-life art or aesthetic, would you like to see Zelda adapt next, maybe in an upcoming 2D title?

I'd really like an artstyle with a more traditional japanese feel to it with an expressionist style, like this.

7I3Pt.jpg

I've always wanted a Zelda game that feels more Japanese than the odd eurasia fusion we have.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
As long as they don’t overuse one art style, I’m up for whatever! I really like everything they’ve done so far. Like Twilit, I think an anime art style would be cool, but only for me be or two games; perhaps OoX remakes? I don’t want them to reuse the toybox style, and the fact that the cutscenes in the “real world” of LA were in that style make it a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom