• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors New AoC gameplay (TGS 2020)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was really impressed by what I saw. It already looks a lot more fluid than HW. I love the new special actions like Link's bow. The runes look really cool, too. I love the combat gameplay we've seen and the weak point looks more consistent to me, as well. The visuals on the combat look very hype and I love the weak point smash animations. So cool.

The map is gorgeous. Like, wow. We knew it would be because BotW is gorgeous, but wow it's so cool. I loved seeing the Garrison and Tradepost ruins in their former glory. That made me a bit emotional. I also loved the music. I said in another thread I was hoping for some intense orchestration over intense rock, since that fits BotW better, and it looks like that's what we're getting. I'm happy about that.

My main concerns are consistency with BotW. Obviously it's really hard to call this game canon because of the towers popping up and the sheikah slate using runes, which 100% absolutely did not happen 100 years ago. That's not a bad thing, though; canon or not, this game looks amazing and the story it will tell will still be fantastic, just like with BotW.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
This was incredible to me. I love what we saw in the new trailer with Akkala Citadel burning and Zelda mourning what I assume to be her mother, and see the champions interact, Mipha hugging Sidon was cute too.

And, as I've stated in several other threads, OMG IMPA'S MOVESET

Gameplay looks solid and fluid, and I love how big the maps are. So intrigued, curious and excited to play this !!

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
It looks really good. The quality of the game's performance and graphics really impressed me, ngl. Not that FEW was particularly bad in that way, but the environments especially look so nicely detailed and more dense than in FEW and HW.

I'm curious to see other characters' movesets, but Impa's seems really neat. I'm interested to play as her and see how she controls. Link disappointed me a bit. His movement speed looks sluggish overall when not sprinting. I did love how the sword and bow could switch back and forth in use so smoothly though. I can't wait to see how Urbosa and Mipha play as well.

Overall I thought the showcase was pretty good. I want to see more, but I like what I've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom