• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time New and Old Graphics in the Same Game!

do you think its good that Oot 3D has some of the old graphics in it?

• Its a good thing!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont care...

• Hate it!

• Total voters

ikilltoonlink

ಠ_ಠ mr. Observant
I saw the new graphics for Oot 3d! What do you guys think of them?

When I saw them I was like "Oh my goodness! Thees rule!" but then I started to see things that weren't different like the ground other then new shading and things they just put a few flowers! And on top of all that it was really square again in some places.
I still like them and all but do you guys agree with me? What do you think?

Thank You!

-Ikilltoonlink

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I really don't care about the graphics, but as long it's a good game with some good high quality graphics, I accept the game. But I have tried out the 3DS, it's pretty awsome. Now, the graphics are quite impressive, but I really don't care about graphics, as long the game is cool and fun. Like i said before twice, just the game itself is good enough for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But small things like polygons and textures I don't really tend to notice AS I play.
I am however, a little disappointed by the lack of a 3rd dimension for things like flowers, fences and rope. I'm no tech wizard, and I don't really know what the 3DS is capable of... but that's just a little annoying.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Including another set of graphics means using up more space on the card. So either other stuff on the game has to go, like the MQ option, or they have to get a high capacity card, which would make the game more expensive.

linkman8

True and Noble
They wouldn't necessarily have to scrap things in order to apply better graphics. It's already including Master Quest or something akin to it, in addition to the new higher detail, 3d graphics. And really, it's to be expected to see remnants of the old graphics in the game, because a complete overhaul would indeed be asking a bit too much. They've improved the graphical quality in most places where it mattered, and made it 3d, so it doesn't worry me in the slightest that it might have integrated with some of the old engines.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I like how they have improved some graphics to a sufficent level and kept some of the old ones. I think it will give the game a good balance and that touch of more modern technology. I also think that way it will look better on the 3DS.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I think that it's important to have graphics that suit the era of the game's release, but I don't really care about OoT3D. The graphics are great and all, but I'm mainly looking forward to being able to play OoT anywhere I go, refighting bosses I've defeated, (<---HUGE FOR ME), and a recreation of one of my favorite games. I'd say favorite, but I have to say I love MM more. In any case, I'm looking forward to the improvements, major as well as minor. The graphics don't concern me that much simply because I already love OoT so much.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Their is only one place so far that i have seen where the new graphics werent up to par with how good the rest of the game looked. That was the grass. In Hyrule field the grass other then afew flowers every hundred feet is flat and very unrealistic. I was hoping that they would have given it at least a little depth to give an even better realistic view to the new game.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
To me, it looks like they put a lot of effort into a few areas in the game, but didn't inprove others, like the fence inside Lon Lon ranch, it's still a flat surface. Overall I'm slightly dissapointed, but then again I'm not a huge fan of Oot, since I've just started playing it this year. I actually preffer Twilight Princess by a long shot... (Prepares for the fan-boy onslaught :))

C

Caleb, Of Asui

It's a great game regardless of how good the graphics are. I don't think you should get too caught up on how detailed things are, because then you're kind of missing the point, but I can appreciate whatever improvements they made to the graphics of Ocarina of Time 3D. All the characters look much closer to their official artwork (meaning Young Link looks a lot cuter ^^), and all the 2d pre-rendered backgrounds have been replaced by fully 3D models that look very nice. I know what you guys mean by things perhaps still being a bit blocky, but that just seems to be to the extent that they're trying to make it still be the same thing - they don't want to change what the area is by entirely re-drawing it. With the 3D effect turned on, though, I'm sure it will look much, much nicer, as is the case when you view any game in stereoscopic 3D.

Zarom

The King
To be honest, the only reason I'm looking forward OOT 3D is for the new gameplay approach (with the stylus and everything to equip items, etc.), new content that will be added, and mostly, the Master Quest adventure, which I've never had a chance to do before.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I think it's very important that Nintendo's keeping some of the old graphics in because it lets new OOT gamers experience a legendary game and for the experienced OOT gamers we still get to have the nostalgic value as well as be playing a whole new game. besides the graphic already look AMAZING so I'm not complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom