• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"New 3DS" Exclusive Titles

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
what Merc linked isn't farfetched at all considering that the CPU boost would be miniscule but a RAM boost opens up many more possibilities. if I consider this correctly, we will have at least ten 3DS.5 exclusive titles by the end of 2015.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So it seems like there may be more improvements to the New 3DS' hardware than what Nintendo has said. We know of some upgrades which Nintendo have flat-out told us about, like the faster processor, but while filing through the latest firmware updates for the 3DS, coders may have uncovered a little bit more. Remember this is just a rumour for now:

3DBrew, via NeoGAF

As noted above, the original 3DS has 128MB of RAM (FCRAM just means 'fast cycle RAM'), and it also has 6MB of VRAM. The New 3DS will perhaps, then, have a total of 265MB of RAM and 10MB of VRAM, which is not a small upgrade. This is not official or confirmed so take it with a pinch of salt, but if this is true then you may see a lot more New 3DS exclusive games than people may have initially thought if they utilise the improved hardware fully; the processor upgrade is relatively negligible to overall game performance, but not a RAM upgrade like this.

On a small side-note, it has been confirmed that the New 3DS won't play any existing 3DS games at any kind of increased graphical fidelity despite all the upgrades, regardless of whether the above is true or not.
If anything that's put me more off. Nothing notable is really attracting me to the console at the moment. Seems like a DSI, where they sort of advertised it like a new console, when it was still basically the same with upgrades. I don't see the point in spending an extra £140+ for an upgrade to a console I already paid £140 for to be honest. Seems to me that this caters to people who don't have a 3DS more so than existing owners, which is a marketing tactic that has never sat well with me.

Clank

Hmm
Uuh, what?

Why would Nintendo do this? Like the original 3DS is really underpowered, so why would they release a minor upgrade for it instead of releasing a whole new console? I mean if you thought the confusion for Wii/Wii U was bad, then how bad is this going to be? I mean they already release different edition 3DSs, so why wouldn't people think that this is just like the XL?

As far as the exclusive games go, they make sense, I mean it's almost as much of a new console as the GC to the Wii (probably not as much of an upgrade, but still). So I don't really know, it just seems that Nintendo likes to keep doing things that just make me scratch my head....

I'm not a fan of major hardware changes a few years into the generation, especially if it affects the ability to play software on the system. Granted, in the past, this was usually removing backwards compatibility, e.g. the Wii Mini. If this means a longer lifespan for the 3DS, then I'm all for it, as it easily has my favorite game library of any system this generation. We'll see what this means for the 3DS's future.

Since my 3DS's circle pad has become unresponsive recently and the material covering it has peeled off, I'll probably consider this new 3DS model for the future.

I'm a tad confused as to whether this is a new console entirely or just an upgrade. It has exclusive games for it and it has better specs which don't improve the quality of 3DS games. I'll probably get this but not straight away.

However, what about Ambassadors? I want to keep my Ambassador stuff when I inevitably buy this new 3DS

I'm pretty sure you will be able to transfer your current 3DS data to the new 3DS Console, like the other models.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
This is obviously a superior console to the original 3DS and 3DS XL, so if I can afford it I'll get it. Mos def.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
...Take it away Darth Vader. [video=youtube;WWaLxFIVX1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/video]

Good news, it looks like the BIOS changes are not related to the face plates. Or even the New 3DS line.

280365-3DS1.jpg

Note that those are normal 3DSs. Looks like the smaller one is mostly a moot point for me now, most likely getting the New 3DS XL.

PLEASEMAKEAOoT3DTHEMEOMG!

P.S. I'm betting 50 Rupees on the title of "XenoBlade Chronicles 3D". If that's not it, you can have... THE HORSE!!!

Last edited:

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
It seems as if Nintendo really is moving towards a merge of handheld and the home console experience.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
This is so stupid. Why would you release titles exclusively for it but not call it a new console? They should have just made a new model with a second circle pad and that would have been fine, but no. We have to treat it like a new console.

This is also bad timing for me. I'm behind in my 3DS collection as it is.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Of course this is announced right when I get a brand new normal 3DS for recording. Welp.
The same thing happened to me. And I know Katsukity will make a recording module for the 3DS.5.
This is so stupid. Why would you release titles exclusively for it but not call it a new console? They should have just made a new model with a second circle pad and that would have been fine, but no. We have to treat it like a new console.

This is also bad timing for me. I'm behind in my 3DS collection as it is.

If you just grab a New 3DS, it's perfectly fine. You can just get a New 3DS and continue to play all of your DS and 3DS games.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
I somehow doubt this will be a cheap venture. Not worth the money to trade in my XL and buy this.

Ok, just looking at it I can tell it would be comparatively cheaper than buying a normal XL. To get even close to the functionality of the New 3DS XL, you'd have to buy a Circle Pad Pro XL in addition to an Amiibo platform, which since the former has vanished off the planet (Along with the High Capacity Wii U Gamepad Battery :( ) and the latter is unreleased as of writing, I'd estemate would total around... $80 in addition to the price of the XL. Plus, you wouldn't be able to get an official battery upgrade as one does not exist and you'd lack the extra RAM and the beefed up CPU required for the exclusive games. How could this possibly be more expensive than the XL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom