• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NES & SNES games for NSO will now be added 'irregularly' rather than monthly

It has taken Nintendo almost three years to get Super Nintendo games onto the Switch.

As part of the Nintendo Switch Online service, memebers would usually recieve two or three games every month for the NES.

But now that thr SNES is part of the NSO, Nintendo has stated that games for both the NES and SNES will release 'irregularly' in the future.

What do you think this means?

Will we get more games more often or will we get less games less often?

Will we suddenly get handfuls of games dropped on us bi-monthly?

What are your thoughts?

I think this means Nintendo has very little first party games to offer left. So they want them to trickle down. Also, not too many third party games either I reckon. I expect updates to slow down to once every 3-4 months with about 3-5 games at a time.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well we did just get 20 games at once and among them some of the best games the SNES could offer. I'm not too concerned about the pace going forward, I'd much rather get fewer quality drops than just random drops of uninteresting/obscure titles no one asked for.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I just hope that Mario RPG is one of the games down the line cuz I have yet to try it. It also doesn't help that a lot of games they could have picked are being put into collections. I also hope that Aladdin gets added since it's being excluded from that collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom