• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Need Some Recommendations

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well I have been in the mood lately to play some creepy/scary games. I'm looking anywhere from Wii to XBOX 360. Anything good I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i would try call of duty because from my eyes(i haven't played the game yet so don't expect it to be scary)it looks scary

Kazumi

chagy
Deadly Premonition. I hear that game has terrible gameplay, but an amazing story and atmosphere. When I get an Xbox 360 I'm definitely buying it. It's cheap too. Just look at Destructoid's review.

Other then that, on Wii I would suggest Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, and Dead Space: Extraction. There are probably other scary games I am missing, but those are the ones that I played and enjoyed. Again, I would look at reviews to see what you think.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Deadly Premonition. I hear that game has terrible gameplay, but an amazing story and atmosphere. When I get an Xbox 360 I'm definitely buying it. It's cheap too. Just look at Destructoid's review.

Other then that, on Wii I would suggest Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, and Dead Space: Extraction. There are probably other scary games I am missing, but those are the ones that I played and enjoyed. Again, I would look at reviews to see what you think.

Thanks for the suggestions, I already own all the Resident Evil games, from Gamcube and up and both Dead Spaces. I will look at reviews and videos first before making any purchases. And yes I'll consider Silent Hill. Thanks.

And Cucco Power, the Call of Duty series are war games. Not really creepy or scary, but I appreciate the suggestion though.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
And yes I'll consider Silent Hill. Thanks.

There's also Silent Hill: Homecoming for the 360 (and PS3). I haven't played it and don't how it compares to its predecessors in the horror department, but I loved the earlier Silent Hills on last gen consoles. Unfortunately I don't think Silent Hill 2 (Xbox) is backward compatible, otherwise I'd strongly recommend getting it for the 360 if you can find it.

EDIT - I just did a quick check and SH2 is in fact B/C on the 360, however there are apparently tons of problems ranging from major texture issues to saving, so it may not be worth it after all. Silent Hill 4: The Room is B/C though, and is worth picking up if you can find it. (Silent Hills 1 and 3 were PS exclusives, so unless you have a PS3 you can't get those)

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas. Those are amazing games. Short but amazing if you buy the DLC. Also I'd recommend BioShock, Toy Story 3 (yes its childish but the story mode is awesome and a bit challenging) and the toy box mode is amazing! Id also reccomend Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
There's this creepy game called Super Mario Galaxy that is just horrifying beyond compare.

silent hill shattered memories is just some abnormal s**t!
I would recomend house of the dead overkill for the wii, it's not scary, but it has zombies! :D and it's freakin hilarious!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I've heard some good things about Alan Wake... I'd try that (it's on Xbox 360).

Alan Wake, definitely.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Umm, the ones that were serious.

Edit: In case you didn't know. I'm looking for scary/creepy physiological thrillers. Not any random game.

I already own.

Resident Evil Remake-Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Chronicles series
Dead Rising 1 and 2
Dead Space
Dead Space Extraction
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
Gears of War 1 and 2(if it counts, the first one was a little creepy)
Already planning on getting Alan Wake

Thanks again for the help guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom