• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Need Help Understanding Some Parts of TP

Hello everyone.
I recently beat TP again, but I need your help to understand a few things.

1) Why is the ToC weaker than the other two pieces of the :triforce:?

When Link is pulled into the Twilight he can't stay in his hylian form any longer, so the ToC transforms him into Wolf Link. But when you first meet Zelda, she's Hylian despite being in the Twilight. Later in the game when she gives Midna the ToW, so that she can survive in the Light World, Midna doesn't get a new form too. So the ToW allows people to stay like they are despite being in the opposit realm, while the ToC can't. Also when Zant attacks Hyrule Castle, which is still in the Light World at this time he isn't affected by it at all, probably due to the Power Ganon gave him, which comes from his ToP. And don't forget Link can be killed (=game over) despite having the ToC, while Ganon couldn't be killed because of the ToP.

2)What happed to :zelda: after giving away the ToW?

After Midna was injured by the light of Lanayru, Zelda gives her the ToW to heal her. But then Zelda disappears into thin air. The next time we see her, she is a puppet controlled by Ganon. So what exactly happed to her?

3) Where is the ToW at the end of the game?

We know Midna has the ToW since Zelda gave it to her. But did she give it back to her, or is it now sealed in the twilight realm forever?

Hope someone can help clearing these things up:)

A

acekiller55

I don't know about 2 and 3 but I'm pretty positive that all the pieces of the triforce have equal power and I'm pretty positive that zelda didn't transform into a animal because zant didn't want zelda to tern into a big ugly bear and so would put up some kind of force field and sence link did not have one he turned into a beast or he turned into a beast because the ToC didn't want the twili to know he was a haylian and about zant not being affected it would probably be the same reason midna didn't change oh and i don't think link dies hes just so wounded he cant save every one

hope this clears things up

THIS IS WHAT I THINK
!. its not really weak it makes link better to fight and it gave him the master sword so yeah
2. she can no longer stay in the twilight world so she was taken away and so with out link and the ToW she was helpless
3. Zelda does get the ToW back :)
i hope this helps you but this is what i think

I don't know about 2 and 3 but I'm pretty positive that all the pieces of the triforce have equal power and I'm pretty positive that zelda didn't transform into a animal because zant didn't want zelda to tern into a big ugly bear and so would put up some kind of force field and sence link did not have one he turned into a beast or he turned into a beast because the ToC didn't want the twili to know he was a haylian and about zant not being affected it would probably be the same reason midna didn't change oh and i don't think link dies hes just so wounded he cant save every one

Ganon was stabed by a giant sword and was still able to fight, while Link can get a game over by being touched by keese ;D But I think you're right. It's probably just for gameplay reasons.

2. she can no longer stay in the twilight world so she was taken away and so with out link and the ToW she was helpless

At this point in the game, like already cleard Hyrule castle from twilight. There is no reason for her to just disappear

3. Zelda does get the ToW back :)

But we never see this in-game and the only game that comes after TP is FSA, which doesn't have the :triforce: at all.

Last edited:
After Puppet Zelda is defeated, we see the same force that Zelda gave Midna return to Zelda from Midna's body. We can assume that at this point, the Triforce of Wisdom is returned to Zelda.

And as the reason Link becomes a wolf in the Twilight... Well there are a few theories. Link has no control over the Triforce of Courage, and therefore its true power had not been unlocked. Zelda has knowledge of her gift, and since she was tutored bu the Ancient Sages, we can assume that she knows how to use its power. Another theory is that the Goddesses knew Link needed the wolf form to return Hyrule to light, and therefore had him become that. Midna mentions that her people believe that the hero would appear as a Sacred Beast, and therefore we can assume that some divine force kept Link as a beast for that reason.

Game over is a game mechanic, and should not be considered canon.

The world of Light is the origin world. Twilight pervades this origin world, and transforms people. Opposite worlds have nothing to do with it. Midna is a Twili, and therefore has immunity to the changing effects of her home realm. The Triforce of Wisdom allows her to survive in the Realm of Light, as it is Light itself.

Zelda either lost her corporeal form by passing the Triforce of Wisdom to Midna, or she knew she would be unable to defend herself and went away. Midna's reaction refutes the latter theory, however.

Just got one more question!

It's said the Mirror of Twilight is the only conection between Hyrule and the Twilight Realm. If that's true how is it possible Midna needs the help of Link to find the MoT? She should knew where it is because she would have had to passed it on her way to hyrule?

I... That is a good question!

Honestly, I have no answer for that. The only one I can think of is that Zant banished Midna into the World of Light, and she may not have had any memory of what actually occurred during said banishment. After, Zant broke the mirror.

Retoractively, I suppose Zelda didn't lose her body in the Twilight because she is the reincarnation of Hylia. Also, I never thought that Zelda gave Midna her Triforce. My question is, where's the Triforce of Power? Did Midna have it? She's certainly the most powerful character with Ganondorf out of the way.

My biggest question with TP though is what was the deal with the whole Zant neck snapping thing right before Ganondorf died.

Last edited:

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
You should have put a spoiler tag around this article because it is giving away key info of Twilight Princess.

To answer your question, I really can't tell you why they did this in Twilight Princess. I guess they wanted you to play as two different versions of Link.

My biggest question with TP though is what was the deal with the whole Zant neck snapping thing right before Ganondorf died.

As far as I understood this scene, Ganon gaved Zant a Part of his ToP (the "Power given to him by his god" or however Zant calls it). The ToP was the reason why Ganon couldn't be killed by the sages. So he probably di it to protect the ToP to be immortal. When Zant killes himself in the last scene Ganon became mortal and died because he still had the Master Sword in his chest.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Just got one more question!

It's said the Mirror of Twilight is the only conection between Hyrule and the Twilight Realm. If that's true how is it possible Midna needs the help of Link to find the MoT? She should knew where it is because she would have had to passed it on her way to hyrule?

Maybe you're looking at it from the wrong perspective.
Minda knew where the MoT was, she just needed help to get to it.

Did she give her to ToW? Doesn't Midna say it was her life force? Anyway, we don't really know what exactly happened to her. All we know is she ended up with Ganon in the castle. Perhaps giving away that force left her too weak to resist Ganon and so he could just pick her up and drop her wherever he pleased.

I just rewatched the scene and it doesn't mention the ToW nor does it her life force. I think I just thought its the ToW because it protects Midna like the ToC does with Link.

If we go by your assumption and say that Zelda gave it to Midna then it is back in Zelda. Remember we do see that glowing light returning into Zelda after Beast Ganon is defeated. we see so here at around the 2:50 mark.
If it is merely her life force that Zelda passes on to Midna, then it always has been in Zelda and so still should be.

Ok, thnak you =D O completly forgot these scene

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
The part about Midna needing Link to help find the Mirror of Twilight? I think that she knows where it is, but needs Link to get there, due to monsters and whatnot. :P

Maybe you're looking at it from the wrong perspective.
Minda knew where the MoT was, she just needed help to get to it.

The part about Midna needing Link to help find the Mirror of Twilight? I think that she knows where it is, but needs Link to get there, due to monsters and whatnot. :P

Midna said:
Hey, but listen, Link ...
I've got a little favor to ask...
Would you mind coming with me to finde something called the Mirror of Twilight? It's hidden somewhere in Hyrule...

She only knows its in Hyrule, but not where exactly it is...

Midna said:
...But there is another tale told by my people.
Though the godesses forbade us to return to the world of light, they left one link between the light and the darkness.
Something called the Mirror of Twilight was passed to the protectors of Hyrule...

She never was there, she only knew about it because it's a tale passed down to her

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom