• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nearly Forgotten Games

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Have you ever had vague memories of playing a game many years ago or early in your childhood and then looked it up only to either find nothing or an extremely limited amount of information about it online? What was the title and how difficult is it to find online?

This happened to me recently when something triggered a memory I had of playing a game called Lemon Dog In Soundlands which was made for Windows 95 computers and released back in 1997. After looking it up online I found there to be an extremely limited range of information about it available and only two short YouTube videos.

One Opening (posted about 10 years ago)

And one with limited gameplay (posted about 2 months ago)

From what I can find the company which created seems to have gone bankrupt shortly after a legal battle with Microsoft in the late 1990s (source) and aside from a library listing without a copy the only other information on it I can see is in a few reddit threads. Someone seems to have found the lead developer in one of those threads and posted a link to download the game but it requires emulation to run. I remember playing this quite a bit when I was very young so I am surprised to see that the above is basically all of the information that is out there about it online.

Curious to hear if anyone else has similar memories of games of which information is difficult to come by now.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Ohhh like you think youve imagined the game and theres nowt about it but others are like yea i playee that??

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
there was this game I played/saw when I was super young that involved talking to someone behind a waterfall, and that's all I know about it
I can't recount a single detail otherwise and I'll likely never know what game it was b/c of it, the best I can say is it was likely on the ps1, so less so limited info and more limited memory

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
There was this one game I played on my cousin's PS2 when I was like 4 or 5 I think, and I felt like it had Zelda vibes but I remember very little about the game. I've mention it before and I've been pointed to Dark Cloud, but because my memory of the game is so vague I'll likely never know for sure what it was I was playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom