• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ncuti Gatwa is the new Doctor Who!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
3583.jpg

(I hope this is the new doctors outfit)

It has long been my opinion that the series went downhill after Russell T Davies left and despite liking Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi as actors I thought their seasons were inferior to Chris Eccleston and David Tennants seasons which were under Russel T Davies. Everything just got worse and worse after he left and I gave up after a season or so of Capaldi. I tried watching some of the newest ones with Jodie but I just found they were dull.

Now we have the return of the original showrunner Russell T Davies which actually gives me some hope that we are gonna get some decent plotlines again. And the actor taking over the role of Doctor will be Ncuti Gatwa who I was pleasantly surprised to hear had gotten the job. I think he is a great choice for the role. I enjoyed him in Netflix's Sex Education and played one of my favourite characters in that.

Now that I know we have this combo of doctor and showrunner I am ready to try Doctor Who again so I hope that we see a return to glory.

What do you think about the casting? And are you excited about the future of Doctor Who?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I think all tje press will be 1st proper black dr!! Ive not seen him so im interested to see what he does...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So somewhere in Oct Jodie will regenerate. I'm excited to see a new Doctor's face. RTD is back as showrunner so hopefully it's going to be good!
I wasn't really too fond of the show the last couple of years. Even though it had some great stories it wasn't even half as good as it used to be. Not the cast fault. When the script is weak there isn't much you can do to make it better. So hopefully we get some great stories and plots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom