• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nayru's Love

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hey guys!

I find myself here, years after first playing Ocarina of Time, realizing that I have never EVER used Nayru's Love...

I've found it almost every playthrough, but never used it...

What about you all?

Mido

Version 1
In my case, I rarely used Farore's Wind. As for Nayru's love, I used it a few times, but rarely if I needed it. I just liked the way it looked around Link. Din's Fire, however, has proven to be legitimately useful in many a case though my OOT endeavors. Lo, I digress. I did use Nayru's love from time to time.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I never even found it xD I have used Farore's wind. And I used Din's fire in that one room where the walls close in on you and you have to Light up all the torches.

funnier6

Courage~
I can't remember ever using it but to be honest I barely remember what they even do anymore. I remember using Farores wind once and Dins fire semi regularly though.

I love Nayru's Love, i dont need it but its pretty.

Its Farore's Wind i've never used. It sounded complicated but i hate dungeons and didnt really want to go back to the beginning of one so....

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I used it when I first obtained it only to see what it actually did. Of course I cant be doing with this big blue crystal thing around me eating up my magic meter when I have a perfectly good shield. Therefore after testing it I never used again or bothered to get it in future playthroughs.

I've never used Nayru's love or Farore's wind, I've collected both of them, but haven't needed them at all.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I thought it was a neat spell, but you get it so late in the game that it is practically pointless. It'd be one thing if you could use other magic with it, but because you can't, it's super inconvenient to have to wait around for it to wear off before you can use other magic items, which you need to do often at this point in the game.

I guess it helps with the iron knuckle fights in the Spirit Temple if you're really having trouble with them? Other than that, I can't really think of a good use of the spell unless you're just kind of screwing around.

Pen

The game is on!
I've always found all three spells but no, I've never actually had need for Nayru's Love. I only remember trying it out once, but that wasn't even during a fight. I guess I don't ever really find myself needing it. As for Farore's Wind, I only ever use that one out of convenience in the Water Temple. It's pretty handy.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
To be honest, running around with a "nothing can kill me" spell isn't all it's cracked up to be. It would have been more useful if there was a section of the game that required it, or secrets that were only accessible beyond a pit of spikes, or something. If I recall correctly, they did something similar in the Oracle games.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I actually used it in a few places, but oddly never in dungeons. I used it while running around Hyrule Field as a child when there were a lot of Stalchildren, in the areas where you would get swarmed by Guays flying at you, and also near the place where you get it with a swarm of Leevers when trying to get the big purple one to appear. Basically, I found that it was more useful as an overworld spell because swarms of weaker enemies were more common in the overworld, and wasting magic while you're outside of a dungeon running around looking for Heart Pieces and Gold Skulltulas isn't as big a deal as it is when you're in a dungeon and need to conserve magic.

The only time I can think of where I used it in a dungeon was after a Like-Like ate my shield, and I was up against a tough enemy with no other way to defend myself. I just wanted to get it over with and didn't feel like going back to get another shield, especially since the Like-Like was likely to come back if I left the dungeon anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom