• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Navi's Annoyance - Overrated?

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I don't think Navi is that annoying. Although she does have her moments, you don't have talk to her in the first place (except for the Deku Tree part). Kaepora Gaebora on the other hand, is that annoying. I keep trying to skip his lines and I always press yes to hear him again because I just jam my thumb on the A button.....

F

ffy857

Navi is not as annoying as people say she is. in fact, I found Tatl from MM more annoying because instead of saying "hey, listen" she dings, and then proceeds to make fun of you.

skippybake420

IronKnuxSurge
i never got annoyed cuz she was like ur pokedex haha like telling you the names of all the enemies plus hints on what to do next and come on shes ur fairy its like was tink annoying to peter pan?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, her annoyance is definitely overrated. Sure, she gets really annoying by saying what needs to be done next far too often, but she was a very helpful character, giving us information about the enemies and their weaknesses. Sure, it's fun sometimes to bash Navi, but I really love that character. She doesn't deserve the amount of hate she gets at all.

Pen

The game is on!
I totally agree with you Brandikins! Navi wasn't that annoying at all. Well, perhaps once in the entire game, inside the Great Deku Tree when she tells you how to open a door. But apart from that I really like Navi, she's one of the absolute best partners Link has ever had! :fairy:

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I totally agree with you Brandikins! Navi wasn't that annoying at all. Well, perhaps once in the entire game, inside the Great Deku Tree when she tells you how to open a door. But apart from that I really like Navi, she's one of the absolute best partners Link has ever had! :fairy:
A big reason why she was one of his best partners? She was one of Link's first, if not thee first. Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass had fairies, and Twilight Princess Wii has her as the pointer.

But what I also find good, is that she left randomly at the end of Ocarina of Time, and Link actually looks for her in Majora's Mask because he grew attached to her. He never did this for any of his other partners.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Navi's annoyance is VERY overrated. I mean, as many people have said, you don't have to listen to her. Also, i found Navi very cute and actually kinda fun to have around. And she can be very helpful. Like, She Z (and L)-Targets for you, and was a great add to the story. I actually felt kinda sad when, during the final battle with Ganondorf, how Navi couldn't be used because of Ganon's magic. And her leaving at the end is so sad!
All in all, I <3 :fairy:!! I mean, imagine what it'd be like without her!!

Also, for all you Navi lovers... CLICK HERE!!!

amaterasu

Writer
Navi isn't the most annoying thing in earth. little siblings are. i'd much rather have Navi yell at me than my little sister barging into my room every five minutes.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
No she isn't that annoying. But she is a bit more annoying in the 3DS version. The world is going to end, and she asks you: Do you need a break? Or she asks you 200 times that strange things are going on on Death Mountain.
But all in all, I like her.

Just recently, the Mortal Kombat Theme appeared on the Zeldathon. Maybe you like this one here:

[video=youtube;q-TKolgAklg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-TKolgAklg[/video]

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've never really understood the hate towards Navi. She's still my favourite sidekick so far. I will say that all the times she stops me in the Deku Tree and even Dodongo's Cavern is a little annoying, but beyond that I have absolutely no dislike for her. Outside of the dungeons/temples, I find that he only talks if you go off doing things that don't relate to getting to the next temple/dungeon and even then she might not speak up at all.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
It's funny in the Deku Tree when you have to jump down to break the web, if you don't land close enough to the center Link will simply "bounce" up and down several times instead, and Navi's ^C of course gets triggered when you're near the web. So while Link's moving up and down she's repeatedly yelling "Hey!" :lol:

The only annoyance about this happening is that you have to make your way back up to the top floor and jump down again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom