• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi the Fairy

Majora's Cat

How about that
I don't think Toon Link would be very pleased at all. There are a few reasons why:

1) We often see Navi portrayed as an infsufferable little sprite that needs a beating. Navi is constantly bugging you and informing you about things that we already knew. "Hey, listen!" is her trademark catch phrase, and all of us Zelda fans are sick of it. Toon Link should not have to suffer what his ancestor did - Navi should be kept away from him at all times.

2) Navi really wouldn't have much of a place in Wind Waker, would she? While fairies do exist in WW (though only in Forest Haven), there was no such speak of guardian fairies. That means that Navi no longer has any importance or meaning in he new Hyrule - perhaps the guardian fairies died out with the rest of Hyrule.

3) Navi never really had a place in OoT's story. When you look at Midna, you think "Oh, Midna's cool", but you never think "Oh, Navi's cool". If any Zelda fan ever say "Oh, Navi's cool", they must either be a) messed up in the brain or b) have absolute no common sense. Midna is cool because of her involvement in the actual story - it was her intense dethroning by Zant that made the story moodier. The fact that Zant was not the rightful ruler of the Twilight Realm, or otherwise the Usurper King, that made Midna's story so vengeful and compelling. Navi has no story to speak of, making her just another partner thrown in the game with little reason or explanation.

4) Finally, Toon Link should not have to deal with Navi because she is incredibly dull and insignificant. I honestly believe that people that played OoT never even noticed that Navi was there for the ride. Probably just another hitch-hiker.

Anyway, that's what I think about Navi - and that's why Toon Link should stamp on her with his tiny boots. :)

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I did think about what it would be like if Toon Link had a Fairy in Wind Waker like Ocarina of Time Link did. but I would prefer Tatl. shes my favourite Fairy.

D

DigiZero

It'd be fun to give that little thing a few hits again (XD),but she wouldn't fit in with toon link.It wouldn't be the same toon link and he'd probably wouldn't be pleased.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I, personally, would like it, but I don't think she would fit in. The faeries in that game are, well, "wild", and I don't believe she would like to be known as a "wild" fairy. Plus, a ton of people would want to beat that little bugger, if she even started to say "Listen!". Lastly, she really had no significance to the story in Ocarina of Time. She was just that blue light that occasionally talked, or gave information.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
My ears bleed when I hear the name Navi.
No matter how much less I like Toon Link then the Others, I don't wish Navi Wrath on anyone.

Navi is an awesome character, I don't understand the hate against her. Yes, she bugged you, but she gave you useful clues and info that would prove invaluable to first timers. She also served as the catalyst for Z targetting and has a cute little voice. I like Navi and I miss her. Wish she had more character development. Also Toon Link already had a fairy companion that is basically Navi with an attitude, Ciela from PH. She even has the same "Hey and Lisyen" call.

I

ItsJustTheChad

I would have liked a reference to her in WW that would have been so cool. :D

OotLord1003

Young Link
Well...Navi's not Annoying...she's just crazy. "HAY! LINK! TRY TO KEEP MOVING!"
But for toon link...nah, he'd probably die of frustration between the KORL and Navi.
Just my thoughts.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Which part of Navi would you want to see in Toon Link's games?

The cheery bubbly often-point-out-the-obvious aspect?

Or the one that will bug you every new area/house you go into with the same phrase repeated until you have completed that task (then cue the next one)?

Navi's personality isn't a big problem. Her constant drilling of the same phrase every 2 minutes constantly and repetitively urging you to finish the task at hand (rather than piping down when you veer into certain sidequests) is what kept getting to me. It's what I imagine is the main reason her shout of "hey!" ever drove people to hate her. And if they introduced that aspect of her character into any future fairy, in any future game, I'd probably be reluctant to play it since it's a step backward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom