• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Navi: Annoying Fairy or Meaningful Sidekick?

Annoying Nuisance or Meaningful Companion?

• Annoying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meaningful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the first time playing, especially for young people, I think Navi is a helpful guide for when things may not seem clear. However, she nags you the whole time you are doing side quests or trying to gain more items that you may need. For example, when you are supposed to go to Dodongo cavern, even if you are on the mountain path, she will still chime in telling you to go to death mountain. That being said, she can be easily ignored and you need not let her go on and on about where she thinks you should go. When you are forced to listen to her, usually it is a hint that is helpful to those players who aren't repeatedly playing the same Zelda over and over again and have perhaps forgotten the tidbit that Navi has to offer. The help in the game is not designed for repeat players, but rather for the first playthrough. The games do get better about it later though, allowing you to skip cutscenes once you've finished the game. Although it is a close call, I think Navi fills her role well (maybe a little too well) and that she should not be heckled over it. She is anxious from the beginning to get the quest all finished and I would imagine Link's persistent displays of being easily distracted would annoy her. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom