• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi, agent of evil or loyal companion?

Is navi an evil fairy working for Ganondorf?

• Yes sir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah fam

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don't care, she is annoying either way

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Grilled Chez...

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Can you show me the verse where it says that fairies are demonic? I'm just curious.

Fairies are nature spirits with a will of their own and generally follow some sort of leader fairy. Leave them offerings and they will be nice to you but pissing them off is not recommended. Ultimately, you are either worshipping them or bribing them and medeivel christianity taught that such practace was herecy in order to force people into the mainstream religion. It was against the rules to deviate from a very rigid yet very complicated cannon and this included belief in the fey, so people just started being quiet about it.

In the end, it was just a system of control and if people are free to believe as they wish, that system collapses

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Can you show me the verse where it says that fairies are demonic? I'm just curious.

I don't know if there is a specific verse in the bible that pertains to that. There probably is but I'm not gonna bother to look for it :P

But when Christianity was consolidating their power across Europe (and elsewhere) they tried doing away with the mythology and folklore of other belief systems. "Demonizing" (hence the term) creatures like fairies - which folklore used to explain the unexplainable, essentially - as "evil" and the work of the devil would put an end to any beliefs or customs that ran beyond Christian doctrine. Some things Christians cleverly incorporated into Christianity, such as attaching Santa Claus to Christmas, who was originally a Germanic mythological figure pertaining to Yuletide.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I don't know if there is a specific verse in the bible that pertains to that. There probably is but I'm not gonna bother to look for it :P

But when Christianity was consolidating their power across Europe (and elsewhere) they tried doing away with the mythology and folklore of other belief systems. "Demonizing" (hence the term) creatures like fairies - which folklore used to explain the unexplainable, essentially - as "evil" and the work of the devil would put an end to any beliefs or customs that ran beyond Christian doctrine. Some things Christians cleverly incorporated into Christianity, such as attaching Santa Claus to Christmas, who was originally a Germanic mythological figure pertaining to Yuletide.

Ok so than say medeval Christianity. That is not true of modern Christianity because we know that they are not real.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm sure but again the don't actually EXSIST! Just because they believe it, does not make it true.
How do we know Nature spirits don't exist? Similarly how do we know God exists? We can continue outside the thread if that seems better.

Anyway as to the theory about Navi, I disagree about her being Evil/In league with Ganon. It doesn't seem like something that a being of the forest like her would do. If we had an example of a fairy aiding someone who was either, 1. A proper villain(Not a friend who was possessed by a mask) or 2. Not a Kokiri (besides link, because tbe Deku tree sent Navi to Link) then I could get behind that. I think your first theory that she researched sounds better, but it doesn't explain the child era before link was locked up. So I agree with others that it's likely she has her knowledge from the great Deku tree

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
fairies are good but they cheeky and they very truthful but will bend the truth to suit their own advantage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom