• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Naruto.

izi

Not A Wizard
My friends just got me into it, and I have to say I'm addicted to reading the Manga. Read about 78 chapters yesterday alone.

Anyone else read it? What other manga do you guys read?

Let's keep this spoiler-free :)

Salem

SICK
I'm currently reading it, its gonna take you awhile to go through all of it. Sorry if I sound discouraging, but it's just the truth, hope you'l like it.:)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Naruto is my top manga thus far, I'm waiting for the fourth war to end :)

It's the onyl manga I follow tbh.

izi

Not A Wizard
I'm currently reading it, its gonna take you awhile to go through all of it. Sorry if I sound discouraging, but it's just the truth, hope you'l like it.:)

I'm hoping it will take me a while. I want it to last me a few months at least.
It's keeping me entertained until I go to Alaska this summer and Sakura-Con in April..

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Be happy that you're into the manga. For those of us who are into the anime version, we must sit through many many MANY episodes of filler. We must also avoid conversing with the manga readers as the manga is extremely ahead of the show. But, I'm addicted to it nonetheless. I think Naruto has a great plot, moreso than Naruto haters give it credit. I also think the premise is good and the characters are unique and interesting enough to make it stand out from other All Ninja stories. While the story definitely has its flaws, they're not enough to keep me from coming back. I'm happy you're enjoying it and I anticipate your reaction of Naruto Shippuden.

Salem

SICK
Be happy that you're into the manga. For those of us who are into the anime version, we must sit through many many MANY episodes of filler. We must also avoid conversing with the manga readers as the manga is extremely ahead of the show. But, I'm addicted to it nonetheless. I think Naruto has a great plot, moreso than Naruto haters give it credit. I also think the premise is good and the characters are unique and interesting enough to make it stand out from other All Ninja stories. While the story definitely has its flaws, they're not enough to keep me from coming back. I'm happy you're enjoying it and I anticipate your reaction of Naruto Shippuden.
But at least you got great opening music...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've never read the manga, but I have watched some of the show. It's not bad, but I wouldn't go as far as to call myself a Naruto fan. As for other mangas, I'm a very big fan of Yotsuba & !. It's a cute, quirky, and actually semi-realistic manga that focuses on a 5 year old girl, her father, and her friends. It's very humorous and light-hearted, and I instantly fell in love with it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something enjoyable to read. Aside from that, I've also enjoyed the Haruhi Suzumiya mangas (and the anime). It starts off as one of those typical Japanese high-school mangas, but then it takes a strange turn. Aside from that, I also recommend the Zelda mangas. Despite how noncanon they are, they still prove to be quite entertaining.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For those of us who are into the anime version, we must sit through many many MANY episodes of filler.

Those filler episodes are far better than being given a new chapter that has information we knew far beforehand. Even the latest chapters are mostly filler :/

Salem

SICK
Those filler episodes are far better than being given a new chapter that has information we knew far beforehand. Even the latest chapters are mostly filler :/
Specially if its a flashback we've already seen a million times....

Random Person

Just Some Random Person

Filler in a manga? Isn't that... like... the opposite of filler!?!
*Mind Blown*

The current filler the anime has actually isn't bad, it just makes us ancy for the plot. The episodes are still good, some REALLY good, and full of Narutoness, they're just pointless to the overall plot.

Salem

SICK
Filler in a manga? Isn't that... like... the opposite of filler!?!
*Mind Blown*

The current filler the anime has actually isn't bad, it just makes us ancy for the plot. The episodes are still good, some REALLY good, and full of Narutoness, they're just pointless to the overall plot.
I admit, filler can be okay, but sometimes, they tell us something that conflicts with non-filler information that comes later.

Also, the characters personalities or actions can be inconsistent.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Also, the characters personalities or actions can be inconsistent.

Indeed, there are a lot of inconsistencies with the story and Personalities. I recently went back and watched one of the episodes in Naruto and I was a bit astounded by that. The show also has a tendency to say "Hey! Remember this event that happened years ago even though we never mentioned it before!?" Entire filler arcs filled with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom