• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Naruko's Edibles!

I love to cook. Like so very much. So here's somewhere for me to share recipes I love, since I don't want to take over the recipe thread.

Today I made...

Banana-Oat Smoothie! Recipe found here.

Take one banana, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 old fashioned rolled oats, ice cubes, and honey and cinnamon to taste. Blend until blended and enjoy!

Fajita quesadilla! I used orange peppers, white onions, and chicken, but you can swap in anything.

Take 4-5 chicken frozen chicken tenders and thaw. Once thawed, chop into cubes. Cook in a skillet until cooked through.

While chicken is cooking, slice one small pepper into strips. Cut one small onion into slices.

Once chicken is cooked, throw vegetables into skillet to cook.

Once vegetables are cooked, remove from heat. Take one tortilla, fajita size, and toss onto the skillet. Add vegetables, chicken, and cheese and top with another tortilla. Cook until browned and flip.

Once both sides are browned, cut into slices and enjoy.

And finally....Summer porridge!

This particular recipe was made with blueberries, but really any fruit combination is possible. Needs to be eaten within 2 days of making however, since it won't last well.

Take 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup STEEL CUT OATS (this part is important), 1/2 cup milk, fruit and sweetening to taste. I like blueberry with blueberry syrup. Strawberries are good too, or unsweetened applesauce and banana are all good combinations.

Put all the ingredients in a pint sized mason jar and shake shake shake!

Refrigerate overnight and enjoy.

Iced coffee! Literally the easiest recipe I ever stole. From the poineer woman cooks blog.

Here's how I make it since I'm the only one who drinks iced coffee and I only take one travel mug with me to work.

Take 12 oz any coffee of your choosing. Dump it something with a lid that can hold at least 1.5 gallons. Add 1.5 gallons cold water.

Cold brew for at least 8 hours.

Filter into a pitcher or whatever you plan on storing it in. I use a sun tea pitcher, with a spigot. If you filter through one layer of paper towels in a colander, you can get most grounds out.

Dispose of grounds, and chill coffee. Serve over ice, sweetened to your preference.

Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Breasts: Warning! My family said they're a little on the way spicy side, so this time around I'm decreasing the spice.

Makes 6 chicken breasts.

Mix fresh garlic, 1/2 teaspoon all purpose seasoning, 3 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper with 1/2 cup honey and 1 tablespoon cider vinegar.

Coat chicken.

Drizzle olive oil in a skillet large enough to accompany the chicken, and cook until no longer pink in the middle.

Roasted cauliflower/broccoli.

-Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
-Slice broccoli florets into small, even pieces onto a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and Parmesan cheese. If using cauliflower, drizzle with olive oil and cayenne pepper.
-When oven is ready, cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even cooking.
-After 15 minutes, put in a serving bowl and salt n pepper to taste.

Enjoy! Roasting really brings out the flavor in broccoli or cauliflower.

Fettuccine Carbonara

-Boil water for fettuccine noodles, or angel hair pasta. Or even linguini. As long as it's a long pasta.
-While water boils, fry 3-4 slices of bacon.
-Once water is boiling, cook pasta. Add 1 cup frozen green peas to noodles in the final 2 minutes of cooking.
-Heat white sauce (found the recipe on the Ragu Parmesan white sauce bottle, but use your own). Shred cooked bacon into white sauce.
-Toss noodles, peas, bacon, and white sauce together once everything is cooked/heated through and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom