• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Narrating the Story / Fleshing It Out

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So I want to talk about narrating the story and fleshing the base story out. Can be any Zelda title. Do you personally do this, maybe out of free time/boredom you just decide to voice the story over? And do you ever try to add details here and there to make the story(ies) more interesting? Why/why not?

For a barebones series story-wise, I do try to narrate it every once in a while. I have a horrible voice but it's never bad to try. As for fleshing things out, I once tried it with Twilight Princess regarding the Hyrule Festival, though I didn't ever get far in that point. ;p

Night Owl

~Momentai
Not really. I usually just enjoy it how it was written.

Though sometimes on second+ playthroughs, My brothers will make the characters have a different conversation based on facial expressions. :P
The result is often hilarious. What else is there to do during cutscenes you don't feel like reading again? ;P

Salem

SICK
I sometimes read out loud the dialogue when I'm watching someone play, cause sometimes we just wanna make fun of it.:P

I have my own headcanon for FAR too many things.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I kinda do, but it's more commentary or thinking about what Link's dialogue would be if there was any. Most of the time it's somewhat humorous/involves cussing like a drunk sailor at bosses or enemies or difficult tasks like silent realms. I'll do things like telling Midna to go get a can of raid(Armogohma), one time I told Sahsrahla "so long and thanks for all the fish" after he healed me...etc. In the first Forsaken Fortress visit, me and my brother decided that Link was thinking: "Those stupid pirates! When I see them again they're going to wish they were never born...their captain's kinda hot though..." And for the minecarts in the Sand Sea's shipyard, I made up this for the goron to say: "Welcome to the roller coaster of pain! Here's your barf bag, here's your diaper. You'll need them..." Then when I fall off: "I'm Link, and welcome to jack***".

Salem

SICK
^Dragoncat, I do that as well, but usually I have a friend or a sibling to help me come up with things to say. It's fun.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I often narrate what I think Link might say and I read the dialogue out loud if I'm alone. If you've ever watched a Let's play on Youtube, that's basically what I do. It's mostly just me being b-otch to people and pointing out weird things that people do. I also have a bunch of things that are only cannon in my imagination that I like to pretend are confirmed.

When I was little and playing Ocarina of Time, I always assumed that there was the whole rest of the world beyond the walls that were too high to climb over - such as the walls around Hyrule Field. I tried many times to use the Cuccoo in Gerudo Valley to fly over to the waterfall and get to the upper part of the river, because I thought there would be something cool around the corner. I also wanted to go around the other side of Death Mountain to see what was there. It wasn't until later that I realized that nothing else exists in the game - everything is just planes/polygons and you can't just create more game by overcoming the insurmountable walls to see what is beyond them and there is really nothing other than what you could see, because if you can't see it, there's no point for the developers to have rendered it and have it taking up space.

Still, it's fun to imagine what could be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom