• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Naps

Ninja

Well well well
I love a good power nap, especially after a long day at work. Some say naps are highly encouraged to increase productivity, I say they are a gift from above. I've read an article somewhere that featured a business in Japan that encouraged their employees to nap so it would increase the quality of their work.

How about you? Do you take naps often? If so, do they help? Do you often take a nap that turns into a 15 hour slumber and you wake up confused?

For further reading, check out this in depth napping article: https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/napping

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I take no naps, as I already have a hard time falling asleep each night, and napping would make that worse.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
When I was working nights I took a lot of naps and was allowed to at work as long as everything got done. Now I'm back to working normal-ish hours and the naps are no longer in my life :(

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No I have taken one nap to my memory in recent years. Usually I can't sleep unless I am in a proper bed I also find it almost impossible to sleep during the day so trying to nap is pointless most of the time.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don’t understand how anyone can fall asleep during the day. I’ve tried to nap, but I can never fall back asleep once I’ve been moving around. Regardless of how much sleep I would have the night before, I cannot nap.

I also would feel like I’m wasting that time by napping, because it’d feel like time I wouldn’t get back. Do I do something productive with my time instead? Of course not! But still, I’d rather watch Netflix than nap.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I only nap in the day if I've been having trouble sleeping normally or I'm feeling rough.

funnier6

Courage~
If I ever nap it’s when I’m sick and in bed and just taken a bunch of medicine and getting all drowsy. I think I took one honest to goodness nap during the day while healthy in the last several months but I can’t remember. I like to save my sleeping for at night where it belongs.

I love naps. Sleeping is one of my favorite hobbies. Some days, I'll sleep in 'til the late afternoon, wake up and chill for a bit, and then within an hour or two of waking up, a nap beckons me and then I'm out for another couple hours. I'm incapable of doing that power nap thing that everyone does. Can't fathom the idea of only napping for 20 minutes or so. I potentially have narcolepsy since I'm pretty quick to fall into a rem cycle, even in a light sleep--which, uninterrupted, usually is like three or four hours give or take.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I try never to nap; it guarantees that I'll be cranky when I wake up. Though if I'm with my girlfriend, it happens a lot by accident.

I've tried 10 minute naps, and I don't get cranky from those. But I get plenty of sleep at night, so I rarely need to.

I take a nap in the afternoon, so I don't be so sleepy in the evening, because of my medication, that is sedative ( I have epilepsy).

Quin

Disaster Master
Sometimes, when my sleep is a bit on the low side and I have nothing else I wanna do.
As a matter of fact, I'm gonna take one right now!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Sometimes I’ll take one if I’m finding myself too tired to focus on studying. If I am going to take a nap, I try to make sure it’s around 1-2 PM, and I set a timer for 50 minutes. That way I give myself time to get settled into bed and also enough time that I can get enough rest. Usually it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom