• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Naming??

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I wondered what you think would be acceptible to name, of course we want Link to be namable, but something weve only seen once is naming your animal, i enjoyed doing so and wish to see it in the future, i espicely wanted to name my Loftwing, you? Would you ever want to see your partner named, i could see it working about but what do you think? So to you you what is acceptable naming?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would love to have a summon-able, fighting partner that is independent of me. I'd love to name that :yes:

Dan

Go play an Elder Scrolls title, summon an Atronach, and name it Fluffy for teh lulz. :right:

I'm sick and tired of you always telling people what to do ! DO YOU THINK IT MAKES YOU MORE POWERFUL ? Because it doesn't *Dan cries*

Well I think naming your horse was neat, small but neat. I think it's a small little bonus and would like to see it again.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Sure! Im all for customization :P Not a big deal if we cant, but its always cool to do so. I never come up with clever names though..

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I doubt this will happen, Link will likely remain one of the only characters we can customize, since he's the link to the player. Occasionally we might be allowed to name our transport.

Fun Fact: When I played TP the first time, I accidentally named both Link and Epona after me. Lulz.

Started a new one immediately, with Link and Thundora as the names.

Fig

The Altruist
A perfect default name for Link's Loftwing could have been something like Ace or Dash. But that's just my opinion.

Dan, you have crossed the line once again. I am reporting you to the moderators. Enjoy your ban.

No please! Don't ban Dan, ban me instead! I'll take the blame. Dan was probably just kidding. I don't want him to leave. D:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Being able to choose your companions name is a small addition to the game but its great to have the ability. The more customisation a game has, the more of an immersive a game it becomes.

It'd be neat it naming returned in a future title. I would have liked to name my Loftwing in SS, but to be honest, I am terrible at naming things, so yeah...

Anyway, I probably would have named my Loftwing Whyarethesamethreadsbeingpostedrepeatedlyarewereallyrunningoutofideas...

I'm a big fan of long names.

Naming is an element I would love to see return in the future. While I'd deem it awkward to name your companions (purely for major story purposes), the option added a degree of individuality to Link's trusty steed. Suddenly Epona became my horse. It was a missed opportunity with respect to Loftwings in Skyward Sword.

S

Schizo

I think naming would have been a cool idea for SS since it was supposed to be the beginning of everything. Things would need names. Of course, there would be the default names to choose if you don't want to customize the name, but being able to go through and name individual places as you help populate them like the Groose and Grooseland scene would be cool. Imagine something like clearing out the bokoblins from the Hidden Village in TP then leading people there and having the opportunity to name it after yourself. If that's a little too innovative, why couldn't I be allowed to name the boat from PH or the train from ST at least if not my loftwing in SS?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't see why we should not have the ability to name the companions at the very least! I love naming things -- in Twilight Princesss for instance I would name Epona several different names across playthroughs...some examples being: Rebecca, Cupcake, Muffins, Horsy...yup. Partner names, due to the text, often have great synergy with the chosen name for Link. It [naming] allows for comic relief and just a tiny bit more freedom. Future Zeldas should definitely use the feature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom