• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Naming Pets After Characters

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I caught a little guff about naming my new kitten Iron Man. Is it really that odd to name a pet after a character from a game/movie/book? If you've done it please post you pets name and why you picked that name for them.

FTR here is Tony Stark AKA Iron Man
Iron Man.jpg

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It's not odd at all :D

When I eventually get a pet cat I'm going to call it M'aiq, after M'aiq the Liar from The Elder Scrolls. I love M'aiq, he's so funny.

Oh and my second cat will be called Albert Whisker, after the main bad guy from Resident Evil :D

Little Tony is so cute, by the way ^_^

Dan

Call your pets whatever you want, but just remember, the others animals may make fun of him. Call him names etc, this is a bit harsh but animals can be cruel. I know after naming my dog black cat, the other animals bullied him and now he needs to go to a psychiatrist. Just be prepared ol'bean.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Call your pets whatever you want, but just remember, the others animals may make fun of him. Call him names etc, this is a bit harsh but animals can be cruel. I know after naming my dog black cat, the other animals bullied him and now he needs to go to a psychiatrist. Just be prepared ol'bean.

You cant make fun of Iron Man tho! Hes a bad a**!!!!

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Ever watch the show "My name is Earl"? Yeah, I named my shihtzu after the main character, so in other words my dog is named Earl. It was mostly because in the show Earl had a mustache and in my opinion in looks like shihitzus have mustaches as well...at first my mom wanted to name him something else, but everybody else though Earl was a great name, so it stuck. Everybody loves Earl...he's a crazy cute dog with huge eyes and a bushy 'stache, heheh.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I did the exact opposite...I named a character after a pet!

I had two cat brothers named Simba and Samba. Simba disappeared, and now I just have Samba. I got into the Fire Emblem fandom and made an OC named Samba, who is of the race that transforms into cats. He has the same appearance as Samba in real life. Gold eyes, gray with black stripes in cat form. And yes, that cat in my sig is him :)

I volunteered at the local animal shelter once, and they had a beautiful long haired calico named Zelda...I wish they wouldve gotten a tom cat in there and let me name him. I wouldve called him Link xD I told my little brother that, and he said then I could breed them and name two of the kittens Fletcher and Kestrel, after the OC kids I gave SS Link and Zelda. But they usually try NOT to let the cats and dogs breed at the shelter. Oh well, there was no Link cat anyway.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I don't think it's weird to name a pet after a character. Personally, I've always wanted a Beagle so that I could name him Snoopy from the Peanuts comic Charlie Brown. ^^

By the way, your kitten Iron Man is cute!

zellinkda

one of many
I've actually never named a pet after a character from a video game series or any series at all. I've known a lot of people who name their pets really regular "people" names like Jim or Jack or whatever. I think it's all in whatever the owner thinks suits the pet. That is what the name should be.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
No! Of course it's not odd..... well, it is A LITTLE, if you name them after somebody, using first AND last name.... (just a little)

But anyway, My Cats are named from Video Game characters. Two of them anyway.
I have a beautiful female Tortoiseshell named Rynn. I named her Rynn after the main character in Draken: The Ancients Gates. A game I have for PS2.
I also have a beautiful male fuzzy gray kitty I named Xemnas, after the guy in Kingdom Hearts. (Head of Organization XIII)

Both of them are long-haired kitties. x3
They came from the same litter too, so they are Brother and Sister.
(We took them in from a feral cat family out back... they were left there by the mum)

Oh, I do have one other cat, in which I GOT the name FROM (multiple characters I know), however I didn't name her after a Specific one.... :/
I named her (Short-haired female brown taby) Nami. I know of at least two Nami's. There's Nami from One Peice, and Nami from Harvest Moon.
However, I named my kitty Nami simply because I liked the name, not after any character in particular.

Also!, on top of that, we have a group of feral cats out back that we feed, and each and every one of them, I nick-named after Anime/Video Game characters. The first one we saw, we thought was female. He was actually a guy, we found out later on. I named him Kairi.... (before we knew).... then there was Reina... and then they had kittens... and well, one by one I named them. I mainly used names from the Kingdom Hearts series, and Mortal Kombat. As time went on though, there was a fourth litter, and I was heavily into D. Gray-man at the time, so that litter consisted of Komui, Leenele, Allen, and Kanda. OH, that was the same litter where My cats Rynn and Xem came from.

Rynn and Xemnas were the only two out of that litter that didn't get named after D. Gray-man Characters... xD

Xemnas:
100_0011.jpg

Rynn:
100_0217.jpg
100_2371.jpg

Rynn and Xemnas:
100_0097.jpg

Nami:
100_1124.jpg

Last edited:

bunny

birb overlord
Not at all... I think it's totally normal. Most people do it, actually. If it's not from a favorite series, they usually name their pets after people/things they like.

I had a hamster named Midna. She's dead tho. ._. And then I had a guinea pig named Teyla, a character from a sci-fi show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom