• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Naming Link...

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Hello!

A thread out of sheer curiosity: What names do you give the chosen hero and his noble stallion? Are you conservative and name them Link and Epona? Do you give him your own name (and the horse your pet's)? Or do you give him other made up names?

Do you name them the same in every game, or keep changing?

Do you have to argue with your siblings (like I have to) to decide the name?

Let's see who's more original (and no cheating!) :P

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I usually just call them Link and Epona. I know, I'm boring :P Sometimes, I also use my name, or my friend's names. One time, I used my name as Link, and "Your car" for Epona. That way, Ilia says "I washed your car for you." Maybe I'd actually like Ilia if she washed my car...
Occasionally, I used my username, but not usually.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For some reason I always keep the standard names, I like to think of Link as being an actual character rather than just being a "link" between the player and the game. It just seems more legit that way in my opinion, I only name Link something different if I'm just doing a mess around playthrough, which I rarely do, boring right? :/

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
My own name, always, with every game, on the first playthrough.
Second playthrough varies. The name is usually something crass dealing with butts or genitals :)

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I name Link either Link, BeastModeMan97, Sam, or BMM97

Epona, usually Epona, although I named her Tetra once.

Another time I named Link He-Man and Epona Battle Cat :D

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
One time, I used my name as Link, and "Your car" for Epona. That way, Ilia says "I washed your car for you." Maybe I'd actually like Ilia if she washed my car...
Best idea ever.

I'm boring so I name them Link and Epona. For every game.

PapillioTempesta said:
What names do you give the chosen hero and his noble stallion?
Technically, noble mare. Stallions are male horses. Epona's a female.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Technically, noble mare. Stallions are male horses. Epona's a female.

Right, sorry.

I usually give them common names, although never names of people I know -I'd just feel weird to shout "Kill him! Kill that damn boss!" at someone called like my best friend.

Once I called him "Richy" and her "A horse!" (because "My kingdom for a horse!" was too lengthy...)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I typically call Link "Link", although if I'm doing a special run I'll name him "Ventus" or my own first name. It's usually for differentiation, but othertimes I just get tired of seeing "Link" scrawled all over the TV board.

Epona? Always Epona. I honestly can't think of any other name for an animal.

If I might say I really like their original names. But out of boredom i sometimes try to invent them some new... Especially when I'm with my brother we come up with stupid ideas:]
Some time ago when i was starting with OoT (surprisingly it wasn't that long ago) my brother called Link- Paukill3 (with a part of my name : D)
Then, when we were playing TP, i called them Sheik and Malfoy (it was weird but funny)
and in PH i called Link- Mommy (don't know why...), but that one also was funny: "Mommy, what a wonderful name" ;]
In ST i chose Idiot (everyone was calling me idiot)
well... In WW we stayed with Link :)

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I always stick to the typical, yet cool-named, Link and Epona. The only save files you'll find with a differently named Link are the ones my sister is playing. I make her name Link her name so I don't mix up our files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom