• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Name Your Loftwing

The Hyrulian

Hero Of Time
I named it Epona, but I also think if it was a female only, Midna would be an alright name for the loftwing, but Epona I believe is the best name for any animal used for transport and as a friend in any Zelda game.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Oh oh, in my head I named mine Beleram after the Eagle in Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Beleram is one awesome giant bird, my loftwing would be proud to be named after such a cool guy.
WITN_Beleram_fornost_107.jpg

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Personally, I feel like if I named Link's Loftwing "Epona", I'd strip the true sentiment away from the real and original Epona in OoT. But maybe that's just me...?

Anyways, I never really thought of giving his Loftwing a name, I just went along with the game absentmindedly.

The name? Elloon. Kinda funky, kinda mystic. It's whatever.

M

Mihael Keehl

Idk. Epona or maybe Calypso. Just thought of that one.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Oh I would so name mine Muffins! After all in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood I had a white horse named Muffins.... But he get hit by a cannon and died...

When I first got Skyward Sword, I was actually slightly disappointed with the fact that you couldn't, so I took the liberty of naming him Seb.
Why Seb? Because the first time I played Twilight Princess on the Wii back in '06, I named my horse Zeb. I don't know why. So Seb came to mind when I wanted to only alter it a little bit. :)

Z

Zanavield

My friend and I both named are's BoBo her Dad of all people came up with the name.

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
When it comes to names I'm totally nubbed.
Umm...uh...I dunno, Starblood or something.
I know, ridiculous name.

I thought it was really weird that they didn't have the naming feature in Skyward Sword, since the game borrowed a lot of other little things from Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword didn't even have a default name for the Loftwing like Twilight Princess did for Epona.

Either way, the name I would have picked for my Loftwing (first run anyway) is actually the name I used for Link on my Hero Mode run: Zephyr, which is the name of the Greek god of the West Wind. Always loved the sound of it.

Epona, why would you dare name it anything besides Epona.
  1. Because it isn't Epona.
  2. I'm not a big fan of Epona and wouldn't want to extend her name past her.
  3. "Epona" makes no sense for a bird; Epona was the Celtic goddess of horses and donkeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom