• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Name That Theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay I got a new idea. Most of the times I thought about themes for the next contest myself but I thought it would be more fun if you -the members- get involved! So what am I going to do? I want you to post theme ideas in a reply. After a couple of days I will make a poll with the themes mentioned. The winning theme will be the next contest subject!
So when will I post a thread? When I announce the new round for GCC I will also create a Name that Theme thread. After a couple of days the poll thread will be up and will last around 1 week. That way it will be in sync with the GCC rounds.
So get started! Name that theme in your reply :)

What if instead of a having the subject be defined, you occasionally defined the color scheme? I think that'd be neat. Color tests and limited palettes would be interesting to see.

Aside from that, thinking outside the box left me with:

Abstract design
Fractalic design
Organic/floral/nature
TYPOGRAPHY
Animations... maybe?

Well, only because graphic design isn't simply limited to the making of banners, and it's not very often we get to see some of these things from people in the community. Just a thought.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I wanna apologize if I list any themes that have already been used, I don't know all of the themes that have been used (besides DW, LotR, and SSB:cool:.

Suggestions:
-Popular Animes (i.e. Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc)
-Assassin's Creed (if you're gonna do a gfx competition, you must do AC, because everyone who works with graphics has done AT LEAST one with an AC character)
-League of Legends (GREAT RENDERS ASHAHSJKAKDKALL;;';'; )
-Comic Book characters
-Avengers

Fig

The Altruist
I have several themes that I have in mind that could be great themes for futures GCCs. The following themes are:
  • Pokemon
  • Zelda
  • Comic Book Heroes/Superheroes
  • Animals
  • Disney

The First Noelle

Resident Miscreant
Some people have already suggested Pokemon, but in celebration of the upcoming Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire remakes, how about the Hoenn Region?

Also, I thought maybe scenic landscapes or city skylines, especially at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom