• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Name That Plot Hole!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wow, people sure seem to be having some fun with my thread. I've got another one, from Wind Waker this time.
How does the King of Red Lions save you after the Helmaroc King tosses you out of the Forsaken Fortress? He doesn't have any arms, let alone hands he could use to pick you up. Heck, how did he even get to Windfall so quickly? He didn't have the sail at that point in the game!
Wasn't sure if that belonged in spoiler tags or not, but what the heck... couldn't hurt.

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
If Zelda sends you back, how does the Adult Timeline even exist? If Link tells the king about Ganondorf's plan, that would mean that the events that took place in the Adult Timeline would never happen.

Oh, plot holes... the lacking of story that leads to crazy theories... :P

Well, the only one I can think of at the moment is one from Phantom Hourglass:
In the Temple of the Ocean King, how do the skeletons make it so far on the lower levels without the Spirits of Power, Wisdom and Courage to open the crested doors? And what about the Phantom Hourglass? How would they possibly make it that far without that?!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I just thought of another one from Wind Waker.
How did Medli get through Dragon Roost Cavern without solving any of the puzzles or doing anything of the sort? You could argue that she flew up there, but she needed Link's help just to get up that first legde outside the cavern, so I doubt she flew all the way up to the top.

Last edited:

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
How does Link automatically get a new scabbard for his sword whenever he draws a new one? xD

amaterasu

Writer
Wow, people sure seem to be having some fun with my thread. I've got another one, from Wind Waker this time.
How does the King of Red Lions save you after the Helmaroc King tosses you out of the Forsaken Fortress? He doesn't have any arms, let alone hands he could use to pick you up. Heck, how did he even get to Windfall so quickly? He didn't have the sail at that point in the game!
Wasn't sure if that belonged in spoiler tags or not, but what the heck... couldn't hurt.

That my friend is what we call NINTENDO LOGIC. Brought to you by Nintendo.

Lol, nice discussions. :D Here's mine:

(Twilight Princess Spoilers)

How do the Bulbins get to Gerudo Desert when Link can only get there at first using Falbi's cannon? Do the Bulbins use Falbi's cannon? O_O

I had thought they came from the desert.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I have found the universal answer to all these plot holes!

Magic :P

Anyway, here's my plot hole:

When Link pulls out the Master Sword from the pedestal in The Wind Waker, when he's far much younger than he needs to be to get the Master Sword, why doesn't he go in hibernation for 7 years?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I remember a thread somewhat like this one in the OOT section but... no, screw that, THE SINK'S IN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

From OOT: Darunia can enter Volvagia's boss chamber before you in because he's bad*ss and you're not. Maybe Big Keys are for wusses like Link or Darunia is the "Master of Unlocking" (get it?).

From MM: The Happy Mask Salesman can carry a giant organ and pull it out of nowhere when he needs it.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
How does Link get off of Argorok's back and safely back on the ground in time before the dragon explodes? How is he not sucked out with the tide of the hole in the wall that Morpheel creates?

In MM, Link can transform into whatever mask he pleases in front of anyone he likes without ever being noticed.

From MM: The Happy Mask Salesman can carry a giant organ and pull it out of nowhere when he needs it.

He must have gotten the idea of magical, bottemless and wightless pockets from Link ;) :D

in OoT, younger link can enter lava-filled rooms in dodongo's cavern without any problems, but 7 years later he needs a red tunic to enter the fire temple.

on that note, if you let the timer run out in the fire temple, link bursts into flames. someone can't burst into flames just from being too hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom