• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Name Something Bad

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Pretty sure you can complain about sidequests if they're boring, tedious, and lacking substance.

But then you have come to the point where you complain about most all nearly all sidequests in the series.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
But then you have come to the point where you complain about most all nearly all sidequests in the series.

Nope because some don't find most the sidequests to be boring/tedious/lacking substance. Problem with TP is that most of its sidequests involve trekking across a boring overworld (yknow, with nothing to do within even 50 paces Q_Q ). :I ;)

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
It's my favourite in the series too. I think people hate on it a lot because everyone loves OoT so much (because they're emotionally attached to it, like I am to SS), and TP is threatening it in a way, because it's just as good, if not better. That's my opinion! Please don't hate!! It took a lot of work for me to admit to my self that I liked TP more than SS, because for some reason, I was very attached to SS.... idek what had gotten into me.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Technically you can do a dungeon 3/4 way, leave, and then go to the next dungeon. Why anyone would want to do this is beyond me.
No, you can actually do the stone tower temple before great bay temple without entering the great bay temple.
It's my favourite in the series too. I think people hate on it a lot because everyone loves OoT so much (because they're emotionally attached to it, like I am to SS), and TP is threatening it in a way, because it's just if good, if not better. That's my opinion! Please don't hate!! It took a lot of work for me to admit to my self that I liked TP more than SS, because for some reason, I was very attached to SS.... idek what had gotten into me.
I can assure you, that's not the reason most people prefer oot to tp.

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
I can assure you, that's not the reason most people prefer oot to tp.
Then can you tell my why people prefer OoT? (not trying to be rude/mean at all!!! :`v`:) In my opinion, TP has better art style and better storyline, and frankly (in my own opinion) is a better game. The characters in TP were amazing, the visuals made me feel like I was really there, the graphics were awesome. The music is orchestrated, as opposed to synthesized computer pretend orchestra music. (the music isn't a huge factor, since I like loads of other games that doesn't have orchestrated music, but just thought I might as well throw it in here). (this is all my opinion, so please don't take it the wrong way!) I hope the excessive amount of IMO's gets the message across that I don't want to be rude, successfully. XD

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No, you can actually do the stone tower temple before great bay temple without entering the great bay temple.

Without glitching? Actually, I'm curious how you get past the ice arrow section regardless. But then again, you still need to go out of your way to get the hookshot and it's a pain.

@Yuki Cross

The music is NOT orchestrated. It's MIDI, but otherwise you're correct...and you forgot to mention combat. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Then can you tell my why people prefer OoT? (

For me anyway,
1) OoT is harder
2) OoT doesn't have ridic characters [Falbi/Fyer] or an annoying AF naggy sidekick [Midna] (Navi is annoying but not naggy)
3) OoT has elements of nonlinearity
4) OoT isn't boring in the first five minutes of play
5) Everything in OoT has purpose whether big or small; TP has too much meaningless filler :I
6) OoT is more of a world than a set of levels (my biggest gripe with modern Zelda Q_Q)

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
For me anyway,
1) OoT is harder
2) OoT doesn't have ridic characters [Falbi/Fyer] or an annoying AF naggy sidekick [Midna] (Navi is annoying but not naggy)
3) OoT has elements of nonlinearity
4) OoT isn't boring in the first five minutes of play
5) Everything in OoT has purpose whether big or small; TP has too much meaningless filler :I
6) OoT is more of a world than a set of levels (my biggest gripe with modern Zelda Q_Q)

TP is relatively easy, yes. But for number 2 must be opinion, because Midna is my favourite sidekick. I admit that the intro for TP was kinda long, but the game was really long, too. I like that TP has a bit of meaningless filler, it gives me a break. And for number 6: I never noticed that. I guess I should pay more attention.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TP is relatively easy, yes. But for number 2 must be opinion, because Midna is my favourite sidekick. I admit that the intro for TP was kinda long, but the game was really long, too. I like that TP has a bit of meaningless filler, it gives me a break. And for number 6: I never noticed that. I guess I should pay more attention.

Any preference is bound by opinion - just because I may prefer OoT over TP doesn't mean everyone does. I know people who have TP as their deadlast in Zelda favorites, and others who have it at number 1! xD

ILU

i luv u
There is a lot to complain about, but to make a short post I'll say that I feel the story was too unoriginal. It was a knockoff of OoT which was already a knockoff of ALttP. At least for OoT it made sense- OoT started out as an ALttP remake, so you can see how certain things got into the game. But OoT developed into something of its own and made a huge impact on the series.

TP just copied things from ALttP and OoT ... Sages? Check. A "dark" world? (Twilight and Dark worlds are not the same, I know that, I hope you get my point here...) check. Princess vanishing into thin air? Yep. Finding the Master Sword in the Lost Woods? Yup, done that one. Ganon banished to the "dark" world? I remember that! Living in a treehouse? Villain trapped in "dark" world has a secondary character to get things done? OOooh yeah, I remember that TOO! You see what I mean here? I just... no. *sigh*

MW7

Without glitching? Actually, I'm curious how you get past the ice arrow section regardless. But then again, you still need to go out of your way to get the hookshot and it's a pain.
It's for real Ikana Canyon - Skip Ice Arrows - YouTube. I think most people wouldn't consider it a glitch. I doubt the game designers left this in the game intentionally, but to take advantage of it simply requires using the hookshot as it was intended. It's not too far out of your way either because you'll have to go get the hookshot eventually. Generally I will collect all the eggs for the new wave bossa nova then proceed to Ikana Canyon. Then when I want to do the Great Bay Temple I can just go straight there. With warping it's hard to go out of your way in Majora's Mask. I complete half of dungeons all the time in that game as well because so many of them are set up so that you can skip around once you have more items. For instance Woodfall takes a few minutes with the Fire Arrows. Snowhead is faster once you already have the fire arrows (and the hookshot helps too), but the fire arrows are pretty late in that dungeon. I commonly redo the dungeon since I find it more fun with the hookshot so I figure why finish it the first time anyway. Stone Tower Temple is split up so neatly that it's no inconvenience at all to reset time after getting the light arrows unless you're collecting fairies. Only the Great Bay Temple is a huge inconvenience to not do in one go, and conveniently it's the only one with an item that barely helps outside the dungeon. I've completed the dungeons in reverse order before without glitches, and I'd guess it cost me between 20 and 30 minutes (between a few minutes in Woodfall, time spent warping, and about 10 to 15 minutes to finish Snowhead).

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Dungeons. They were just all boring aside from gerudo fortress and the occoo place. The bosses are also mostly boring, except for Stallord and zant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom