• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NAILED IT - This guy has the Best GANONDORF Theory Out There: BOTW2 Trailer

Hey everybody, I used to be in the forum in the past, I am not a known user, but I decided to come back and share something very amazing.

This channel by the name of "Nintendo World Report TV" has made the most interesting theory regarding the Ganondorf we see in the BOTW2 Trailer, I have seen many trailer analysis videos in youtube (including Zeltik) and this by far is the one that left me amazed. I dare to say this might be the most believable theory out there, please take a look and make your mind of what this guy discovered:

Ganondorf Explained - Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel - Timeline Placement

Also, you will not see the trialer again with the same eyes after you've seen this video, everything starts to make sense.

Last edited:
It honestly bugs me when people try to Link BotW to the Era of Myth (the timeline as we know it) because that will nevwr be answered.

BotW's lore was a grab bag of hollow references, the only evidence I think we should take from is botW1 itself.

Mentioning the hand holding Ganoncorpse by the chest 'where TP Ganon was stabbed' honestly could mean nothing, it's just a creepy visual and with no actual proof where BotW lands on the timeline there's now way to say this couldn't be any other Ganondorf or even a new one since we're 10,000 years removed from BotW's own backstory.

If BotW links to the Era of Myth at all there could be hundreds of thousands of years between BotW's backstory and that Era. This Ganondorf has more of a chance of being a new one.

If it is TP Ganon then fine, but I'm not buying it yet.

Mentioning Zant's neck crack isn't proof of anything either since not even Aonuma knows what it means. Again it is probably just a creepy visual.

It honestly bugs me when people try to Link BotW to the Era of Myth (the timeline as we know it) because that will nevwr be answered.

BotW's lore was a grab bag of hollow references, the only evidence I think we should take from is botW1 itself.

Mentioning the hand holding Ganoncorpse by the chest 'where TP Ganon was stabbed' honestly could mean nothing, it's just a creepy visual and with no actual proof where BotW lands on the timeline there's now way to say this couldn't be any other Ganondorf or even a new one since we're 10,000 years removed from BotW's own backstory.

If BotW links to the Era of Myth at all there could be hundreds of thousands of years between BotW's backstory and that Era. This Ganondorf has more of a chance of being a new one.

If it is TP Ganon then fine, but I'm not buying it yet.

Mentioning Zant's neck crack isn't proof of anything either since not even Aonuma knows what it means. Again it is probably just a creepy visual.

As much as I want this guy's theory to be correct, I may have to agree with you. I know I am going out of subject, but a situation like this aroused recently (which ended up being controversial) specifically in Rian Johnson's Star Wars The Last Jedi with the character of Snoke. The situation with Snoke is that no backstory to link him with the lore was given, and something people tend to seek is: connecting the dots. People started to make theories about Snoke but ended up being disappointed that end product had no backstory.

The thing is, Nintendo had to decide: Ganon tied to the Era of Myth lore or a New Ganon, if they go for a new Ganon many conspiracy theorists will be disappointed, but I dont actually see a problem with a new Ganon tied in to BOTW1. Problem is, as a matter of fact: people like me that are starting to jump in the conspiracy theory bandwagon product of hype. As much as this theory is very cool and I want it to be right, I prefer not to start speculating and wait for what Nintendo hast in store for us.

Nevertheless, this theory is cool, LOL.

It is a cool theory but I dont think they need to worry about throwing loads away and making this Ganon new because so much in BotW was new and it's the best selling Zelda gane already, a good portion of the people who will buy BotW2 will only have played BotW1 in the Zelda series.

But yeah.

It's a really good and compelling theory.

If that is the Ganondorf from TP. That means 10,000 years ago they fought Ganon though as there were no guardians in TP. It also means who knows how long he's been like that it's 10,000 years plus the time to between that event and TP.

Thinking he's correct about everything else, but we're seeing a new Ganondorf here who may or may not have been resurrected 10,000 years ago or brought back via the temple of time. Would be interesting if we see how Ganondorf got his powers. Maybe the Master Sword was so damaged in BotW because of Demise being released from it. I don't remember Ganondorf ever having red eyes, and Demise was the first user of malice.

The problem with this theory is that TP Gabon died and was later reborn as a new Gerudo male, who was also named Ganondorf. Whilst I don't entirely dismiss the idea of BotW being on the child timeline, I don't agree that the placement of the seal is evidence of this.

I made my own theory and briefly mentioned that this Ganondorf's clothing is closer to modern, BotW Gerudo than it is anything prior. Any other 3D iteration of Ganondorf has shown him in more warrior-like armour whilst Mummydorf wears arm rings and shoulder bracelets like the modern Gerudo's. I think this is either an indication that Ganondorf as Ganondorf has already returned between the last game and BotW, or this really is some new iteration of himborn into the more modern Zelda world.

Please keep these coming though, there's not enough theory activity going on here and I like the process of trying to figure this stuff out :)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's far too early to make any kind of definitive claims about the version of Ganon we saw in the launch trailer. It's the only footage of the game we have and Nintendo has been close-lipped during interviews, so people are just firing off conjecture and labeling it theories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom