• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mystery in the Song of Time

Nayru... Poured out her wisdom onto the land, and gave it the spirit of law.

Maybe if you put this in your post at first, not just bluntly said "Nayru is the goddess of time" with no 'evidence' then I wouldn't have been sarcastic.

Still, this quote doesn't prove she's the goddess of time, goddess of wisdom maybe yes.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Maybe if you put this in your post at first, not just bluntly said "Nayru is the goddess of time" with no 'evidence' then I wouldn't have been sarcastic.

Still, this quote doesn't prove she's the goddess of time, goddess of wisdom maybe yes.

Bluntly huh? Its may be bluntly for you but I assumed that most of the Zelda fans would know why or at least guess why she is also the goddess of time.

And actually, that quote proves alot and it is the evidence. Its more a fact rather then an opinion or theory.
If you don't see that as evidence, then what does the quote tell you?

Because it would be unlogical if it wasn't.
Why? well if the goddess of time was an other goddess then what connection does it has with OOT. Is there a 4th goddess? i don't think so.

Here is some more info about Nayru

First answer: It's a video game. It was a design choice.

Better answer: In MM, it is implied that you are being helped by the Goddess of Time (whoever that is,) which is why Link is able to travel through time. Why we haven't heard of this Goddess before is unknown. Some people theorize that it's Nayru. I suppose it's possible it's a goddess or deity unique to Termina, so Link only has the power there, but that doesn't sound right to me, and would defeat the concept of the Goddess of Time lending her power to Link, as it would imply he could just take it by playing the Song of Time.

Another possible explanation is that in MM Link uses the song's true power... but this theory is kind of unnecessary as we have the Goddess of Time explanation.

I haven't played the OoX yet, so I don't tend to identify Nayru as the Goddess of Time at first grasp. But it makes sense.

And for me, it make sense in Majora's Mask too, because is Zelda who tells you this, thus I'd think she's talkingf about a Hyrule Deity more than a Termina one, since Link wasn't planning to go to Termina in the first place.

Since is her "lending" and there are 'hiden' melodies related to it, I like to think she just would help him the way she thought convinently. That the different melodies were more for playability than real songs and that those effects are also part of Nayru's help with the original song. That is of course, speculation and personal PoV about it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I don't think it has anything to do with OoX.
I think that the Song of Time has several effects, depending on what the person who plays it needs.
Therefore, it was able to remove some blocks and etc in OoT, and, in MM, Link needed more time, so, it just sended him back to when there was more time left.
I don't think that it is that complicated at all

The Song of Time should be used to control time, as its name implies. But it is really just a game. The Song of Time never was used in OoT to control time. In fact, if I remember correctly, the only one time that the Ocarina was ever used to control time in that game was when Zelda used it at the end, after Link defeated Ganon, to send him back to his childhood. And it was not the Song of Time which she played; it was Zelda's Lullaby.

I believe a lack of another way to control time really gave the developers the oportunity to use the Song of Time to its correct potential. Yes, the Goddess of Time did assist Link and probably gave the Ocarina/Song of Time to do this, though I am not in a position to say who this Goddess is. I would lean towards Nayru, just because she is the only Goddess to have something to do with time in any other Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom