• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mystery in the Song of Time

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
:eek:carina:In oot the song of time opened the door of time and did things with those weird blue blocks, but in mm the song sent the player forward 3 days. So why should playing the same song, on the same instrument, and by the same player have such a different effect? The only thing that was not the same was that you were in a another place, but why should that make a difference? :thinking:

bellum

Gamer since age 2
TErmina is a whole 'nother place. there has to be some opposite effects somewhere. Plus there is nothing to do with "The Door of Time" or anything like that in MM, is there. Please, your smilies are giving me a headache:P.

link to present

Four Year ZD Member
TErmina is a whole 'nother place. there has to be some opposite effects somewhere. Plus there is nothing to do with "The Door of Time" or anything like that in MM, is there. Please, your smilies are giving me a headache:P.

Your right, being in Termina is a different world from what Hyrule is, so the song of time has a different effect in a new world:rolleyes:

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
It really makes no sense whatsoever. It's not JUST because that Link is in Termina that all of a sudden the Song of Time is just a totally different thing that it used to be. But it's a writers convenience I guess. I don't see how it could be that just because good old Link hangs out in Termina and the Song of time magically changes! But, like I said I think it's merely a writers convenience :)

Well what difference does it make and what I what I was trying to ask was why would it be different in another place? Because other wise all I will get is Link is in another place so nothing makes sense anymore.

In the world of fantasy video games. Different realms have different effects. (or none at all)

forexample you wouldn't be able to play the nocturne of shadow and expect to warp to its corresponding temple in Hyrule. BECAUSE you are in Termina

You'll also remember that in MM they only got that ability after making a direct plea to the Goddess of time.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
It really makes no sense whatsoever. It's not JUST because that Link is in Termina that all of a sudden the Song of Time is just a totally different thing that it used to be. But it's a writers convenience I guess. I don't see how it could be that just because good old Link hangs out in Termina and the Song of time magically changes! But, like I said I think it's merely a writers convenience :)

Finally some one agrees with me And thank you who ever sent me the good reputation I needed it.

The goddess of time gave him that ability, of course. The song of time has some power in Hyrule, but can't do a whole lot. But, in Termina, where the goddess of time watched over Link, it had much more power. Or the goddess of time gave it more power to help Link.

Oh, and it sends him back in time, not forward.

S

skullkidsreveng

"The goddess of time is protecting you. If you play the song of time she will aid you."

This is what Zelda explains to Link as he leaves to find Navi in Majorah's Mask. The different effects that Link experiences from the song of time are decided by the goddesses. This means that if the goddesses where up to it, they could give link a hot-fudge-sundae whene he plays the song of time.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yes its kinda strange that the song of time has a completly other effect in MM.
But then again it IS the song of time. So the effect in MM is logical.

what i don't get is, why does the song of time plays a role in OOT.
Song of time, door of time, pedestal of time, Temple of time. Yes it sounds pretty nice and with the word "time".
But as far as i know, the goddess of time is nayru. its like that the the other two goddesses doesn't have a roll at all.

In Majora's Mask, there was a Goddess of Time, and not to be sexist, but why are they all godesses? Anyways, I doubt that goddess is Nayru, although many of the time-related aspects of both OOT and MM feature the Color blue (Block of Time disappearing, Temple of Light, Link transforming into Older Link) so maybe Nayru IS the goddess of time ...

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
and, Princess Zelda is...Ganondorf?

I think the Song of Time has different affect in different worlds, as said before =)

Din... With her strong flaming arms, cultivated the land and created the red earth.
Nayru... Poured out her wisdom onto the land, and gave it the spirit of law.
Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law.

Nayru created the law of the world. So she is the one who created the space and time. And thats why i'm positive Nayru is the goddess of time.

So instead of being sarcastic, think about it and you will understand my reasons too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom