• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Zelda Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
That doesn't stop your timeline from being hard to read, however. It doesn't help that you're asking us to imagine lines to get an idea of what you're on about. I'm afraid we're not psychic. If you can't get it across using the forum text have you tried drawing your timeline (with all the lines to relevant points) in an art program? It would certainly make seeing your point a little easier, if nothing else. Though if I may be so blunt, some work on your grammar would also work wonders.

I'd also like to point out that what's going on here isn't trolling. Trolling is an act in which a person's post is done specifically to gain a negative reaction from either one person, a group of people, or in extreme cases a whole community. That's not what's going on here at all -- this is debate because, yes, people are going to disagree with your timeline. I mean what's the point of posting your timeline if you're just going to cry every time someone points out what's wrong?

General points aside, your timeline is wrong, not just because an official timeline has been released, though it certainly doesn't help.

Rather than go through it point-by-point, I'd like to bring up only 2 major things:

1: In placing the games, you haven't taken into account 3 important points that should be considered at the very least: The state of Ganon(dorf), the 'life' of the Master Sword, and the state of the Triforce. There are points where the Triforce is complete, which it should not be when you take into account the preceding and following titles in that line. The oracle games, for instance, contains a complete Triforce which OoT/MM and TP do not. During that time the Triforce has been separated. Without delving into non-canon speculation, how do you explain that?

2: You are asserting theories with nothing to back them. Why do you think the Kokiri blade is the Picori blade? Where in the games supports this idea? Why do you assume the Picori, who are only seen once every hundred years, are the kokiri who are clearly round all year long? Why do you believe that Ganon came back as Dark Link for Zelda 2? What is there to back that up? Even if you don't take into account what the developers say during interviews, the games themselves drop some decent hints as to what should follow on from when. Theory with no backing cannot be taken seriously, and basing your theory off someone else's theory creates holes that will get your theory debated to shreds if you make no attempt to patch them.

I appreciate that some creative thought can be taken when considering the timeline. If you concentrate solely on the games there are places where the timeline could have drastically changed which may well have not ended in the 2 splits it officially has! But you need to put more thought into what the games can tell you. You can do better. But you have to accept what's been said, take it on board, and see what can be strengthened in your theory, or moved where necessary.

You also forgot Four Sword Adventures. It can't go before OoT because Ganon is in it. ;)

L

LeetFox

Why do you believe that Ganon came back as Dark Link for Zelda 2? What is there to back that up?

i don't think that he is dark link i think that he is a ganon version of dark link. dark link was created by the dark mirror and is all of links evil concentrated into a physical form. I think the ganon from zelda 1 is just all of his hatred and anger taking on a Physical form. it is also my belief that the dark mirror is the mirror of twilight. this is supported by the fact that the mirror shards can turn even the most humble and kind harted people into evil monsters. and because only the true king/queen of the twilight realm (or dark interlopers) can fully destroy it, it is possible that a shard of it or the hole thing made ganon. then ganon's minions used it to create dark link in Zelda 2 and were planing to use it plus links blood to revive ganon.

i know it is confusing but at least my timeline properly explains how the third part of timeline came to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LeetFox

i just realized this but link must not get the girl in the end because at the end of Skyward sword Demise says he is going to haunt links descendants so if link married zelda then all the other links would be apart of the royal family.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
You also forgot Four Sword Adventures. It can't go before OoT because Ganon is in it. ;)

I'm not advocating for LeetFox's theory, but in the spirit of disliking Hyrule Historia and its tendency to kill all forms of theorizing and debate, Four Swords Adventures can go before Ocarina of Time, despite Ganon being in it. I can explain if you'd like.

I don't know why Majora's Mask is on the Twilight Princess side. At the beginning of Wind Waker it almost flat out says that the game is because of the events of Majora's Mask. No Majora's Mask=Gannon doesn't return=Goddesses don't flood Hyrule=No Wind Waker

I don't know why Majora's Mask is on the Twilight Princess side. At the beginning of Wind Waker it almost flat out says that the game is because of the events of Majora's Mask. No Majora's Mask=Gannon doesn't return=Goddesses don't flood Hyrule=No Wind Waker

Huh? :huh:

The intro to TWW is talking about the events of OoT. Where are you getting that it's talking about the events of MM?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I'm not advocating for LeetFox's theory, but in the spirit of disliking Hyrule Historia and its tendency to kill all forms of theorizing and debate, Four Swords Adventures can go before Ocarina of Time, despite Ganon being in it. I can explain if you'd like.

If you subscribe to multiple Ganon theory, sure. Any other way, it raises serious questions about ineptitude in Hyrule's monarchs, and the flaky allegiance of the Gerudo tribe.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu

MM and WW are in parallel timelines (officially), so your argument is invalid

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
Dear mindless drones, i know that Nintendo has already released a timeline, and i don't give a crap, i think for myself that is why i have come up with my own timeline. so stop trolling this thread.

No one is trolling, you really should learn the definition of trolling!

L

LeetFox

um in the opening to WW it says that link left the land that made him a legend. in Oot Zelda sends link back in time thous he is leaving the land that made him a legend because in the past he is not a legend.

The intro to TWW is talking about the events of OoT. Where are you getting that it's talking about the events of MM?
It says that Gannon comes back, but Link isn't there. He had traveled off after Ocarina. He went after Navi and ended up in Termina. Gannon came back while Link wasn't there, and no on could defeat him, so the goddesses flooded Hyrule, making way for TWW

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Exactly and things get out of hand. If you post a timeline you can expect reactions whether you like it or not. You cannot simply post something and expect others to agree with you. We have several members on here who have a very good knowledge of the Zelda world and they are not trolling you. They are trying to help you by pointing out the flaws. If you see this as an act of trolling then you should ask yourself if you can stand critics. Most critics are ment to be constructive and not destructive.
Keep this in mind for the next time when you post something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom