• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Zelda Timeline

First, I want to note that I am a linearist. If you have any problems with the fact that my timeline is linear, please post them on this thread. Any other problems you see with it, post here.

So here is my timeline:

TMC--SS?--OoTc/MM/OoTa--TP--TWW/PH--ST--FS/FSA--OoS?/OoA?--ALttP/LA--LoZ/AoL

So really its a pretty standard timeline if you don't count that it is linear.
A couple notes: I believe the Oracle series can go anywhere between ST and LoZ and could b in either order. I will have to play them to come to a conclusion.
Four Swords/Adventures stays between ST an ALttP.
My timeline stays linear. :lol:

One again, go to this thread if you want to try to disprove the fact that my timeline is linear.

Okay. This is what I beleive. MC happens some time before FS because vatti's soul is originated in MC. So MC is good so far. At the end of FS, you resceal him into the sword. In FSA, he is released from the sword and in the end ganon is scealed in the sword where s vatti is defeated. So FS happens somewhere inbetween MC and FSA. Also, in ZSS link defets all of the evil of the world making hyrule. In MC, the evil is released from the chest and causing all the monsters of the world inhabit the world until the end of AoL. (After that it is still infested by monsters.) So ZSS is before MC and FS is somewhere before FSA. But it can not be too far off since the place were you grb the four sword looks the same in both games.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I agree with Ember that SS should probably go before MC, though not for that reason (I don't believe SS Link is the HoM). My reasoning is that if MC is first, then the Wind Tribe is probably the same people as the Oocca, and the backstories of the WT and Oocca only work if the Oocca leave Hyrule simultaneously with the birth of the Hylians, then Link from SS comes down, followed by the rest of the tribe, then they go back up for MC. But I don't think MC is first and I don't think the Wind Tribe are the Oocca so it doesn't really matter.

Other than that and the fact that it's linear (care to explain how you fit TP between OoT and WW?) it looks pretty good.

I agree with Ember that SS should probably go before MC, though not for that reason (I don't believe SS Link is the HoM). My reasoning is that if MC is first, then the Wind Tribe is probably the same people as the Oocca, and the backstories of the WT and Oocca only work if the Oocca leave Hyrule simultaneously with the birth of the Hylians, then Link from SS comes down, followed by the rest of the tribe, then they go back up for MC. But I don't think MC is first and I don't think the Wind Tribe are the Oocca so it doesn't really matter.

Other than that and the fact that it's linear (care to explain how you fit TP between OoT and WW?) it looks pretty good.
I think Twilight Princess happens before the Great Flood. Sometime after TP, Ganondorf attacks again, except this time there is no hero to stop him.
If you want to discuss the fact that its linear, go to the thread linked in my signature.
Also, I do not have a set place on my timeline for Skyward Sword yet. We know little of the plot, therefore I use my best guess. I think it is very possible that Skyward Sword could go before Minish Cap, but there is not enough information to come to a conclusion about that.

i have a question (btw i am a linearist to so dont take this the rong way)what was the purpose of link going to the future in oot to stop ganon and how did this affect the past.this is the only problem i run into when creating my timeline so do u think u could help me?

i have a question (btw i am a linearist to so dont take this the rong way)what was the purpose of link going to the future in oot to stop ganon and how did this affect the past.this is the only problem i run into when creating my timeline so do u think u could help me?
Well slap me silly. I found another linearist on here. I believe Link travels back in time and goes to Termina (Zelda gives him th Ocarina first) while his past self, who hasn't become the Hero of Time yet, is in the chamber of the sages in his 7 year sleep. After Link finishes his adventures in Termina, he must return to Hyrule to return the Ocarina of Time to Zelda to return to the chamber of the sages (Zelda is a sage). Hope this helps.

And I thought I was all alone on here. thank goodness I am not.

Good job. You just spoiled TP for him. He obviously did not play up to the Arbiters Grounds. So good job, hope you tell him what happens to the mirror of twilight at the end too. T _T
Sorry i I spoiled it for him but he should have mentioned that he has not beaten Twilight Princess. Unless he told you I spoiled it, there is no absolute proof that he has not beaten TP.

The timeline split has been confirmed by the developers....
You've said that a million times. Please stop attacking my linear timeline without even trying to make an argument.
If you want to do that, please go to the thread in my signature.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
You've said that a million times. Please stop attacking my linear timeline without even trying to make an argument.
If you want to do that, please go to the thread in my signature.

well then a million times you havent listened because their is a lot more proof for the split timeline then any linear timeline. And the developers have said that their is a split timeline. What other proof do you need?

well then a million times you havent listened because their is a lot more proof for the split timeline then any linear timeline. And the developers have said that their is a split timeline. What other proof do you need?
Perhaps by the developers, but all the in-game proof points to a linear timeline. Pleas do not argue about split or linear on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom