• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Zelda Timeline

X

xeno_9696

so many people and so many different time line's.Why can't nintendo make sense?

T

The Zelda Guru

i hate linier time lines and when people think mc comes first. just my opinion no offense :/

Pinecove

Last Chance
Perhaps by the developers, but all the in-game proof points to a linear timeline.

ZeldaORLY.png

Why does TWW mention the events of OoT while TP does not?
Why does Ganon not remember the Master sword in TP?
Why have the sages not been awakened yet in TP?
How does Ganondorf survive for TWW?

ZeldaORLY.png

Why does TWW mention the events of OoT while TP does not?
Why does Ganon not remember the Master sword in TP?
Why have the sages not been awakened yet in TP?
How does Ganondorf survive for TWW?

TP DOES mention the events of OOT. Remember Link is wearing the clothes of the Hero of Time. The HoT would not be remembered if the adult events of OOT didn't happen.
Ganondorf's biggest weakness is being too proud. Perhaps he thinks the Master Sword can't stop him this time.
Who days that? TP is not about awakening the sages.
Since you are stating this how does Ganondorf survive for LOZ and ALTTP?

Edit: Sorry if I was rude. I was a bit cranky that day. Anyway, those are some of the first few good arguments I've ever heard and that picture is hilarious XD

I guess the thread got hijacked and turned into a split/linear debate after all.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yes I beat TP...a long time ago. Perhaps I have just forgotten where it says he escapes the SR, gets trapped in the TR, [TP happens], gets revived, and gets sealed in the SR again.
Having Zant help him 'escape' into the TR conflicts with the BS given in TP. It also fails to explain how he ended up alive and back in the SR.
Ganondorf's mortal, unlike Ganon.

Yes I beat TP...a long time ago. Perhaps I have just forgotten where it says he escapes the SR, gets trapped in the TR, [TP happens], gets revived, and gets sealed in the SR again.
Having Zant help him 'escape' into the TR conflicts with the BS given in TP. It also fails to explain how he ended up alive and back in the SR.
Ganondorf's mortal, unlike Ganon.
Ganondorf and Ganon are one and the same. There is nothing confirming that Ganondorf is mortal, sorry.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
This is at everyone who thinks the timeline is or can be linear.

On The Wind Waker

Aonuma had discussed this idea before, to varying interpretation. Many considered the following two infamous quotes to support the double timeline ideal, and they have only become more zealous with recent developments.
The first came in a summer 2002 Game Pro interview:
Q: Where does The Wind Waker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?
Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well.
Miyamoto: Well, wait, which point does the hundred years start from?
Aonuma: From the end.
Miyamoto: No, I mean, as a child or as a...
Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.
Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.
Followed by a similar (though better worded) comment on the Official Zelda Homepage:
In terms of the storyline, we've decided that this takes place 100 years after the events in The Ocarina of Time. We think that as you play through the game, you'll notice that in the beginning the storyline explains some of the events in The Ocarina of Time. You'll also find hints of things from The Ocarina of Time that exist in The Wind Waker.
There's also a more complicated explanation. If you think back to the end of The Ocarina of Time, there were two endings to that game in different time periods. First Link defeated Ganon as an adult, and then he actually went back to being a child. You could say that The Wind Waker takes place 100 years after the ending in which Link was an adult.

Source: http://zeldawiki.org/Timeline_Quotes#On_The_Wind_Waker

The developers pretty much make it clear that the timeline is split and pretty much say that WW and TP take place at the same time so how is a linear timeline possible for that. BOOM.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Bradley said:
TP DOES mention the events of OOT. Remember Link is wearing the clothes of the Hero of Time. The HoT would not be remembered if the adult events of OOT didn't happen.

No, he is wearing the clothing of "the hero". Whether that hero is the Hero of Time or not is unconfirmed, and in reality, is just as likely to be the hero from SS.

Ganondorf's biggest weakness is being too proud. Perhaps he thinks the Master Sword can't stop him this time.

Except he shows NO RESPONSE OR REACTION TO THE SWORD AT ALL! If someone stabbed me in the face with a sword, I'd be pretty pissed when I saw that sword.

Who days that? TP is not about awakening the sages.

/facepalm. TP features the ancient sages which were around before the new sages from OoT were awakened.
How come the sages from OoT are not recognized?

Since you are stating this how does Ganondorf survive for LOZ and ALTTP?

LoZ's Ganon is a problem no matter where you place him. ALttP's Ganon on the other hand, is FSA Ganon.

Ganondorf and Ganon are one and the same. There is nothing confirming that Ganondorf is mortal, sorry.

Wait...what? Ganon is essentially Ganondorf on steroids. Ganondorf is mortal. He died at the end of TWW! Confirmed by the devs and everything!

Sorry if I was rude. I was a bit cranky that day.

No worries man.

that picture is hilarious XD

I know right? :P

Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.
Just proves they couldn't come up with a very good explanation.
Followed by a similar (though better worded) comment on the Official Zelda Homepage:
I wouldn't trust anything from Zelda.com.
In terms of the storyline, we've decided that this takes place 100 years after the events in The Ocarina of Time. We think that as you play through the game, you'll notice that in the beginning the storyline explains some of the events in The Ocarina of Time. You'll also find hints of things from The Ocarina of Time that exist in The Wind Waker.
There's also a more complicated explanation. If you think back to the end of The Ocarina of Time, there were two endings to that game in different time periods. First Link defeated Ganon as an adult, and then he actually went back to being a child. You could say that The Wind Waker takes place 100 years after the ending in which Link was an adult.
I think the Wind Waker takes place some time after Twilight Princess. And while Link is saving Termina, his past self is in the Chamber of the Sages waiting to become the Hero of Time.

I have adressed this issue at least 10 times, and, apart from Pinecove, all anyone can come up wit is "Anouma confirmed it."

No, he is wearing the clothing of "the hero". Whether that hero is the Hero of Time or not is unconfirmed, and in reality, is just as likely to be the hero from SS.
When referring to "the Hero", it is generally the Hero of Time they are talking about.
Except he shows NO RESPONSE OR REACTION TO THE SWORD AT ALL! If someone stabbed me in the face with a sword, I'd be pretty pissed when I saw that sword.
He does react to it. He calls it "weak", reaffirming that he thinks it can't defeat hi this time. In wind Waker, he is worried about, because he has been defeated with it twice.
/facepalm. TP features the ancient sages which were around before the new sages from OoT were awakened.
How come the sages from OoT are not recognized?
1. Just because they are portrayed differently does not mean they are not the sages from OOT.
2. If there were already sages, why did Link have to awaken the sages in OOT?
LoZ's Ganon is a problem no matter where you place him. ALttP's Ganon on the other hand, is FSA Ganon.
The multiple Ganon theory...........
Wait...what? Ganon is essentially Ganondorf on steroids. Ganondorf is mortal. He died at the end of TWW! Confirmed by the devs and everything!
I meant that he is the same being, be he in the same form or not.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Understandable

I don't think MC could be first in the timeline, because it looks like it is after WW. I personally think MC is after ST. Possibly because it most likely takes place in the new Hyrule. There couldn't be any proof it is not because Link is very small in this game, and you aren't big enough to see the trains and developed world. I haven't played MC yet, so I could be wrong.
Here's my timeline so far...
SS
OoT-MM
WW/TP
PH/ALttP-LA
ST/LoZ
MC/AoL
FS/
OoS/OoA
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom