• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My wishes for the next Zelda

- Huge world, as big as BOTW, but with more towns / civilisations
- No shrines, but instead, actual ancient ruins and temples etc, which have more variety
- Real dungeons, as in, temples (the divine beasts were cool from the outside, but the inside of them didn't work as dungeons IMO)
- More story and character development, a different story that stands out
- Ganondorf (human form) as main villain, with a large speaking role
- Better weapon durability (Though I'd actually prefer the usual weapon system pre-BOTW tbh)
- Not fussed where in the timeline, but the imprisoning war would be cool
- Iconic music (BOTW lacked this IMO)
- More varied bosses (Again, BOTW lacked this - although the overworld minibosses were fine)
- A decent amount of main dungeons, like maybe about 10?
- No dlc, but just the completed game to start off with (DLC annoys me)
- If not the imprisoning war, then another cool idea might be a story that unifies all the timelines, which would then make BOTW make sense in the timeline (although they could already do this by making HW canon)

I might be asking for too much with some of these, but these are my main wishes. Which do you agree with, and which do you think are the most likely?

QcFQOVmY_o.png

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
- Huge world, as big as BOTW, but with more towns / civilisations
Most likely this will happen, and I think this is what we all want

- No shrines, but instead, actual ancient ruins and temples etc, which have more variety
I thought the shrines were fine, but needed to be handled better. Similar to that of Skyrim where there are several hundred ones that you can explore, loot and discover, but not like BoTW. More natural.

- Real dungeons, as in, temples (the divine beasts were cool from the outside, but the inside of them didn't work as dungeons IMO)
Yes. I'd also like it if they each had a different way of being solved based off of the dungeons done before it (Like in OoT but where you can still do any order). This will make the replay-ability go off the charts

- More story and character development, a different story that stands out
BoTW failed to give us the story we needed, and I am sure we all want good story (Better than BoTW). Original, maybe not, buyt good I hope

- Ganondorf (human form) as main villain, with a large speaking role
Of course. Ganondorf is the coolest villain of all time, and one with already excellent story and even more promise than what has been seen. Would love to see him again (But in order to keep him unique, they must nail him this game and not bring him back for a few games).

- Better weapon durability (Though I'd actually prefer the usual weapon system pre-BOTW tbh)
I'd be fine with just the master sword (and maybe an alternative like the Biggoron sword) like in previous titles, but would also like to see how they approach weapon breaking this time around (hopefully better than BoTW)

- Not fussed where in the timeline, but the imprisoning war would be cool
Imprisoning war would most likely be a non-canon game similar to Hyrule Warriors.

- Iconic music (BOTW lacked this IMO)
BoTW had a few stellar pieces, but overall missed the mark. Would love to see them improve, but they did just fine with BoTW

- More varied bosses (Again, BOTW lacked this - although the overworld minibosses were fine)
I'd absolutely love to see 10+ overworld bosses to fight, in addition to the dungeon bosses

- A decent amount of main dungeons, like maybe about 10?
10 is a good number. Any more may be a stretch, especially if they are keeping with the shrines (or even going with my SKyrim-like idea)

- No dlc, but just the completed game to start off with (DLC annoys me)
Having the full game there from the start is great, but DLC is certainly going to happen, and if they make it well, I'm happy to shell out $20 , especially since it's helping Nintendo get back on the map.

- If not the imprisoning war, then another cool idea might be a story that unifies all the timelines, which would then make BOTW make sense in the timeline (although they could already do this by making HW canon)
Bad idea. Fans would throw huge fits, and it would just muck it up more.

i agree with practically everything on your list with the biggest exception being: "huge world, as big as BotW", more towns and civilisations on the other gand are most welcome

the overworld should be less very large because if it will be as large it will be at the cost of another part you seem to consider rather important being the dungeons, i might be wrong but i really think it can or will not be an and and case but an or case, meaning more or less one or the other, and if the overworld would be a little less big it would still be quite large, so if they would go for a little scale-down i think that would not be that much of a problem, considering of course how much the difference is

the presence of actual real good dungeons is a bit more important for me personally than how extremely large the overworld needs to be, priorities might differ one to another, and in breath of the wild i think that part was simply neglected for the scale of the overworld

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I honestly don't see any way in hell they will be able to give us a massive overworld and legit dungeons.

So you want the 'perfect' Zelda game, then?

Good story and character development, proper towns and cities and proper dungeons, varied bosses and a placement in one of the two most demanded settings in the timeline.

I'd like all of that too, will we get it? No.

It's impossible to tell what we will get but out of all of your wishes i can only really see a big world (probably not as big as you want) and dungeons.

I think Aonuma at least heard the lack of proper dungeon feedback.

I forgot about this thread.

Many are saying that it's most likely either huge overworld or proper dungeons, and while I can see what you mean, I don't think this is necessarily true. For example, imagine if they got rid of all the shrines on BOTW. This would free them up loads to add some proper dungeons, then heart pieces could be added to the overworld in place of many other chest contents, or some korok seeds. Or, if people want to keep the shrines, then halving the number of them would still free up some space for proper dungeons.

I think Aonuma at least heard the lack of proper dungeon feedback.

i think it is a pretty good assumption to say he did take notice of that but i'm rather pessimistic that something will be done with it or about it, i hope i'm wrong but i really fear for it not to be so

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
For example, imagine if they got rid of all the shrines on BOTW.

One or two at most. I recall they said they reason they added shrines is because the world took so much time, money, and space that they couldn't do dungeons and had to replace them with shrines. In addition, they had to cut back on puzzles and replace them with simplified physics puzzles.

-

I agree with your list for the most part, except this. Keep in mind only 2 of the 3 timelines could be merged, AT and CT. Those 2 run parallel while the DT is a hypothetical situation. For the DT to happen the other 2 don't exist. But why merge anyways? All that does is confine your stories. With the AT they are free to move away from old Hyrule and Ganon and brought some neat games in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom