• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My updated timeline

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
So... I have already posted about refurbishing my old fan-made scripts for games that I had wanted to present to Nintendo in my post titled "The Legend of Zelda: Spirit of a Hero."

Well, I went ahead and put together how these titles would be arranged in the Zelda timeline by using Google Drive's version of Microsoft Excel.

Enjoy.

The Zelda Timeline according to RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo

RamboBambiBambo

Eh. Nintendo deemed it nesessary to have Link's Awakening before Oracles for some reason. Though in my opinion it makes sense to have it AFTER Oracles, since it would allow for Link to have an adventure on Kholint while on a boat ride back from Holodrum and Labrynna to Hyrule.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Eh. Nintendo deemed it nesessary to have Link's Awakening before Oracles for some reason. Though in my opinion it makes sense to have it AFTER Oracles, since it would allow for Link to have an adventure on Kholint while on a boat ride back from Holodrum and Labrynna to Hyrule.
yeah my thoughts exactly, it'd retcon the prologue to link's awakening but the ending of the oracles plays off really well to transition into link's awakening opening

RamboBambiBambo

she could, it totally depends on which of them you want to give a house to
......no you couldn't.
I recently played Minish Cap.
You had these coins that if you found the other half to them and shared them with someone, something would trigger.
Farore was the only one who had a coin that had no half for. So as a result, you had no chance to give her a home.
She would even say dialogue like "I sure hope I get a home too." if you talked to her after Din and Nayru got a house to themselves.
It was basically Capcom devs stubtly saying "Hey Nintendo, when can we complete the Trilogy we had planned?"

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
......no you couldn't.
I recently played Minish Cap.
You had these coins that if you found the other half to them and shared them with someone, something would trigger.
Farore was the only one who had a coin that had no half for. So as a result, you had no chance to give her a home.
She would even say dialogue like "I sure hope I get a home too." if you talked to her after Din and Nayru got a house to themselves.
It was basically Capcom devs stubtly saying "Hey Nintendo, when can we complete the Trilogy we had planned?"
the kinstones would lead gorman to come to town to start building a house in town, he asks you if you know anyone who's looking for a place, and you can go to the oracle girls and talk to any of them of your choice to offer them the house, there's two houses so only one gets left out, but it doesn't have to be farore

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I forget, why were the oracles moved again
Zelda introduces herself to Link as if they had never met before, which shouldn't be the case if the game is featuring the same Link from A Link to the Past.

This is the crux over the Oracle's placement, and for Zelda Encyclopedia they decided to put the Oracles after Link's Awakening to remedy the issue. The Oracles has to be inbetween ALttP and ALBW no matter what though because it explains why the Triforce is split in ALBW, and why Ganon is mindless.

So it comes down to choosing whether Zelda not knowing Link seems more annoying, or the fact that the Oracles concluding with Link departing on a raft isn't used to lead into Link's Awakening is bothersome.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Zelda introduces herself to Link as if they had never met before, which shouldn't be the case if the game is featuring the same Link from A Link to the Past.

This is the crux over the Oracle's placement, and for Zelda Encyclopedia they decided to put the Oracles after Link's Awakening to remedy the issue. The Oracles has to be inbetween ALttP and ALBW no matter what though because it explains why the Triforce is split in ALBW, and why Ganon is mindless.

So it comes down to choosing whether Zelda not knowing Link seems more annoying, or the fact that the Oracles concluding with Link departing on a raft isn't used to lead into Link's Awakening is bothersome.
but isn't it the same link anyway? so at that point, what does moving them even matter?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
but isn't it the same link anyway? so at that point, what does moving them even matter?
It was never confirmed whether Oracles Link is the same as ALttP/LA Link, but the point of moving Oracles after Link's Awakening in Zelda Encyclopedia was to say Oracles Link is a different Hero altogether, and that explains why Zelda introduces herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom