• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
@ Hero of Time: The Four Swords Saga (as I like to call those games) have to take place somewhere on the regular timeline. Why? Because of FSA's connections to the regular timeline and more specifically, ALTTP. Here are the connections.

-BS of FSA talks about Ganondorf. That immediately means that this game is connected to the timeline because Ganondorf is on the AT and the CT so clearly this is a big hint that this game, and by extension FS and MC, take place on either the AT or CT (or before OoT in MC's case).

-Ganon/dorf retrieves the Trident and it's the same Trident he uses in ALTTP. I feel as though that should be enough evidence for proof of it being on the regular timeline but I'll keep going.

-At the end of FSA, Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword. In ALTTP, there is the Palace of the Four Sword (an obvious connection to the Four Swords games) and when playing through that dungeon, Link collects broken pieces of the Four Sword. This is either an easter egg, or a huge timeline placer for FSA. In ALTTP we know that Ganon escaped whatever seal he had, but the game fails to mention how or what seal he was under. The broken Four Sword in the palace could be telling us that before ALTTP, Ganon was sealed in the Four Sword and somehow his seal was broken, leading to the events of ALTTP.

If that's not enough evidence to prove to you that the Four Sword Saga goes on the regular timeline then I don't know what will persuade you.

@ Steve: I have given you evidence as to why FS makes a little more sense in front of FSA as a direct prequel as opposed to behind MC. I would like to know what your specific evidence is for placing it behind MC rather than having it connected with FSA. Personally, I don't think there is any substantial evidence specifically linking those two games simultaneously on the timeline but there definitely is to place it connected with FSA.

Steve

5/19/13
I understand what you are getting at, and you're absolutely right that Four Swords Adventures cannot take place before Ocarina of Time, and based of the evidence that it occurs before A Link to the Past, but that's just it. Aonuma is well aware of the existence of the timeline, and made it very clear that Four Swords is the oldest tale in the timeline, and neither in-game nor developer statements have said otherwise. The fact is, if FSA is indeed a direct sequel, that means it either occurs before OoT as well, or Aonuma is a liar.

@ Zemen: About it being part of the timeline because of Ganondorf, Luigi's Mansion which is a spin-off of the Mario series, has Bowser as the main villain but this doesn't mean it isn't a spin-off

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
@ Zemen: About it being part of the timeline because of Ganondorf, Luigi's Mansion which is a spin-off of the Mario series, has Bowser as the main villain but this doesn't mean it isn't a spin-off

The reason that Luigi's Mansion is a spin off is because it's a game disconnected from the mainstream Mario series. The Four Swords series still features Link in each game. What makes a spin off a spin off is the fact that the main character from the original series is not the main character in the spin off. Mario is the main character in the Mario series but the game features Luigi as the main character. That's what makes it a spin off. If the Four Swords games featured a different main character, someone other than Link, then they could be considered spin offs.

Also, as a side note, I was arguing that the Four Swords Saga takes place on the regular timeline, not that it's not a spin off (which regardless I don't believe).

Pinecove

Last Chance
It was never stated by in-game nor developer quotes that Four Swords Adventures is a direct sequel to Four Swords. The prologue clearly states that it occurs some time after, as does Aonuma, which is so vague that it can mean anything. The fact is neither were specific enough as to when it took place, and thus we cannot know for sure. I'm not saying it can't be a direct sequel, simply that it doesn't have to be.

So according to your logic, Zelda in FSA just comes and summons Link to her castle to draw the FS (and he KNOWS what will happen when he draws it) and just let him do his thing with the FS when there are much more qualified people in Hyrule? Why Link?

Steve

5/19/13
As far as dual Split timelines go I this is the best I've seen, though I doesn't explain how Ganon comes back from dieing in TP, ALttP or OoX(unless the FSA/ALttP remake has some explaination).

You're right about Twilight Princess, however as I said the Four Sword was sealed in the Dark World, where he broke free (in other words the same Ganon). As for the Oracle games, Ganon was merely revived by Twinrova in the linked ending.

So according to your logic, Zelda in FSA just comes and summons Link to her castle to draw the FS (and he KNOWS what will happen when he draws it) and just let him do his thing with the FS when there are much more qualified people in Hyrule? Why Link?
Zelda merely informs Link that she's is worried of Vaati's seal, and more importantly I don't recall her ever saying that he would need to pull the Four Sword (since after all that would release Vaati, correct?). It's never stated exactly why she chose Link, or even anyone at all for that matter. The pedestal also warns him up front that the sword keeps the seal intact, and removing it shall release Vaati.

Last edited:

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Steve, what piney is trying to get at is that it makes no sense that in FSA Zelda randomly chooses some kid, instead of a knight, to go check the seal. A very good explanation, to go along with other evidence towards FS being before FSA, is that the reason she chooses Link to check the seal on Vaati is because he's the one who previously put him in that seal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom