• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline

Ok first I'll show you my timeline then I will give an explanation.
/tWW/PH-LoZ/AoL-OoX/LA-tMC-FS/FSA-LttP
OoT
\MM-TP

Slashes mean they are the same Link (Except the slashes that represent the split to the AT. MM and OoT Link are of course the same). - means a new Link.

Ok so OoT starts it off. Some people think tMC goes first. But it really doesn't seem very evidenced. The only evidence I've heard is the crap about the hat. Which means, Imo, that the only reason people put it there is because they can.
Then the split. MM follows then TP. Pretty much developer confirmed.

Then on the AT is tWW and PH. The flood happens. Most people think that there cannot be games afterwards but I'll explain that in a moment.
LoZ and AoL are a pain in the *** to place because no matter where you place it it contradicts things. I think that the AoL BS fits better and corresponds better with developer intent earlier in the timeline.

Now OoX. In the japanese translation Ganon's spirit was put into the "Yorishiro". Which means vessel. People could argue that Ganon's body is the vessel. But there is a seperate word for a body being the vessel. "Yorimashi" I believe. So I believe that the Yorishiro is the Trident he has. Throughout the game Twinrova calls him a Daimaou. Which is the title of OoT, tWW and LoZ Ganon. Then when he is ressurected he calls himself the Yami no Maou.
If you notice in the past Labrynna there is more water than present Labrynna. Which I believe is a sign that the Deku Tree's plan is working.

In the tMC library there is a book that has "Triumph Forks" on the cover. Triumph Forks is a distorted word for the Triforce that was only caused because of the flood. In the game Din, Nayru and Farore are looking for houses. Nayru's figurine says that she is descended from a line of oracles from Labrynna. Which means that tMC should go after OoX. FS follows nothing special happens.

FSA happens. From another japanese translation it actually says that the trident is a vessel. When Ganon gets the trident he then becomes the Yami no Maou. Which means that FSA makes a lot of sense after OoX. Ganon gets sealed in the Four Sword.

In LttP you find a broken Four Sword in the palace of the Four Sword. The geography is extremely similar too. So Ganon escaped his seal on the Four Sword. Then got into the SR. One of the maidens in LttP says that he "stumbled" upon the SR and got stuck. This is obviously because the seal from OoT was never destroyed.

Then LoZ and LA are pure preference. I think there are enough similarities between OoX and LA to override the original intent of LttP/LA. Then I think that the AoL BS fits better for the early placement of LoZ. Also Ganon's title makes no sense from LttP-LoZ. And I think that Maze island from PH is a definite hint for PH-LoZ.

I hope you enjoyed it.
NOTE: I don't take full credit for this. This is the timeline (mostly) created by Erimgard on ZU. (Mr Lexxi Aileron on ZU/ZI did come up with the order first. But has a different AoL BS than Erimgard. So I give most of the credit to Erimgard)

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ok so OoT starts it off. Some people think tMC goes first. But it really doesn't seem very evidenced. The only evidence I've heard is the crap about the hat. Which means, Imo, that the only reason people put it there is because they can.

Also, there's no Ganon, it is the releasing of all monsters, and there's the hat thingie...i Think that Vaati is way more ancient than Ganon/dorf

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Also, there's no Ganon, it is the releasing of all monsters, and there's the hat thingie...i Think that Vaati is way more ancient than Ganon/dorf

agreed. every game, except MC and PH, has Ganon/dorf in it or has Ganon/dorf mentioned in it.

because he is not mentioned at all is evidence that it is first on the timeline because it shows evidence that he has not existed yet.

also, the fact that there were no monsters in the land til Vaati opened the chest. it shows where the monsters in hyrule came from.

also, in just about every zelda game, the back story talks about the plot from a previous zelda game. the back story to MC has nothing to do with any of the other zelda games and the back story talks about a man named Gustav, not link.

also, the hat thing. you start off with no hat, then at the end Ezlo gives you a hat saying it fits you. Link would go down in history for saving the world and those who follow in his path (later links) would wear the original's complete outfit as a symbol of heroism. the fact that he wears a green hat would be passed down through his legend and future links would wear a hat as well.

this is my last thing.

when the FS game came out with ALTTP for GBA, Miyamoto said that FS takes place before OoT on the timeline, even though its not exactly a zelda game in its own right. MC is an obvious prequel to FS, so that would mean that if FS comes before OoT on the timeline, then so would MC.

agreed. every game, except MC and PH, has Ganon/dorf in it or has Ganon/dorf mentioned in it.
That doesn't mean that he hasn't existed. The Triupmh Forks are only mentioned in tWW and PH.
also, the hat thing. you start off with no hat, then at the end Ezlo gives you a hat saying it fits you. Link would go down in history for saving the world and those who follow in his path (later links) would wear the original's complete outfit as a symbol of heroism. the fact that he wears a green hat would be passed down through his legend and future links would wear a hat as well.
But OoT Link started the kokiri garb.
I'll post more later. I don't have time right now.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Triupmh Forks are only mentioned in tWW and PH.
I'm pretty sure that was either an easter egg, or a coincidence.... It doesn't have anyother thing that places it after WW/PH... also, i've been wondering if PH is really after WW, or is IN WW....

It can happen while Link goes to the Ghost Ship, and enters a parallel dimension, much like Termina... Maybe the Great Sea of PH is the Adult Timeline version of Termina..maybe i'm just wandering off

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That doesn't mean that he hasn't existed. The Triupmh Forks are only mentioned in tWW and PH. But OoT Link started the kokiri garb.
I'll post more later. I don't have time right now.

im pretty sure that there was a fish who said something along the lines of "i heard that there is this piece of a triumph fork or something like that."

it was a way of giving you a hint about the triforce pieces without saying triforce.

lets think this through... TRIumph FORkes....TRIFORCE. pretty obvious connection.

and yes, OoT link was raised a kokiri who all wear green hats and green tunics, but how do you know they didnt acquire their taste for clothing from Link in MC? The Deku Tree knew that link was destined to be the hero of time. he probably knew about this long before link was even born. MC would take place quite a while before OoT, IMO, which would mean that the Link in MC would be a legend by then. even if most of the people forgot the legend, someone as great as the deku tree would know, and maybe he clothed his forest children after such a great and noble warrior, who happened to wear a green hat and green tunic.

The Triupmh Forks are only mentioned in tWW and PH.
I'm pretty sure that was either an easter egg, or a coincidence.... It doesn't have anyother thing that places it after WW/PH... also, i've been wondering if PH is really after WW, or is IN WW....

It can happen while Link goes to the Ghost Ship, and enters a parallel dimension, much like Termina... Maybe the Great Sea of PH is the Adult Timeline version of Termina..maybe i'm just wandering off

PH cant happen during WW. at the end of PH, Link has the hourglass in his hand and both him and Tetra have perfect memory of what happened. if nintendo had planned on doing this, they would have made some hints in WW. also, its not at all an alternate world, they are just traveling a different part of the sea. the sea in WW is not the entire worlds ocean. if you play WW and try to sail outside of the map, the king of red lions stops and says "its too dangerous to go any further in this direction. we better turn around."

this implies that there is more out there, you just have a task at hand in the part of the ocean you are currently at. PH takes place in a different part of the ocean but its still the same world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom