• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline Theory

The Minish Cap
|
|
|
Ocarina of time

from here my timeline splits into to two diff. ones in occordance with each ending in OT.

Child Link Timeline A

Link warns the Hylians of Ganon's threat and goes in search of navi
|
Majora's mask
|
The seven sages confront Ganon and try to kill him but our unsuccessful and imprison him in the twilight realm. One of them is also mortally wounded in the battle and dies. (TP backstory)
|
Twilight Princess - Link defeats Ganon, the triforce leaves him and his vessel dies.
|
Centuries pass, the current link and zelda die too and the triforce goes back to it's original form and waits for a new owner. The Hylians gain possession of it and it becomes property of the king and is housed in hyrule in a special temple.
|
Oracle of seasons + Oracle of ages - these games appear to take place concurrently with the players ability to start off with whichever one they want. Ganon's essence is ressurrected at the end which is an evil piglike demon via twinrova as the host.
|
On the way back to hyrule via ship link gets stuck in a nasty storm and falls into a state of unconsciousness.
|
Link's Awakening
|
Centuries pass and this link also dies, but Ganon wasn't really killed. He had been building up his power and the master sword was no longer strong enough to finish him. To his amazement he is able to barely survive the battle with link. He bides his time building up his power more and gets a better host so he can fully transfer his spirit over to the hyrulean plane. He sets his sites on Hyrule and is obsessed with gaining the golden power a second time. He invades hyrule killing anyone that gets in his way and is able to make it to the temple that the triforce is housed in. He kills the current king and claims the triforce for himself. But zelda is two steps ahead of him and has already claimed the triforce of wisdom and only the triforce of power is there and the third (courage) lay hidden waiting for the hero of time to reappear and claim it so the spell over the centuries old zelda can be broken. Ganon claims the triforce of power for himself and Zelda sends impa to find someone who can bring ganon down and pulls hers from her body and splits it up and hides the fragments in 8 temples all over hyrule. The sleeping spell is also placed over zelda at this time.
|
Legend of Zelda - Ganon has grown immensly powerful and the master sword is nowhere to be found. This is because Ganon having grown so powerful was able to use his dark magic and dispell the magic of the sword which plagued him for so long and breaks it into pieces as his first act back in hyrule. Link can't find anyway to win and without the triforce of courage's power, it looks hopeless. His magic sword which was forged by a wise man and enchanted with a sacred spell seems to be having no effect on Ganon. Then Link remembers he picked up some silver coated arrows and when Ganon is momentarily stunned when link strikes his eyes, lets one fly at his heart and to his amazement it pierces Ganon's skin and reduces him to ashes.
|
Adventure of Link - after the adventure of link the triforce is united for the first time in centuries and sent back to the palace with the other two. Piece is maintained as Ganon's minions are all hunted down and killed and his ashes are utterly destroyed.

Adult Link Timeline B
|
Windwaker - The world is flooded by the goddesses when Ganon gains enough power to break out of the golden land and tries reconquer the world.
|
Phantom Hourglass- (haven't finished it yet though I'm putting it here for now as I'm told it's supposed to be a direct sequel to WW.
|
Four Swords - Vaati returns and it's up to the new link to beat him again
|
Centuries pass and the world slowy drains and a new hyrule is formed over time.
|
A Link to The Past - Ganon is trapped back in the golden land after WW (unless the end of PH says something diff) by the old king of hyrule at the end due to the will of the gods and a near impenetrable seal is put in place to keep him from ever returning to hyrule. He is given the golden land to rule over as before and builds up his power in the dark world. He later becomes strong enough to transfer his spirit over to the light world and possesses agahnim and gets him to the gain the kings trust and imprison the original seven sages descendents in order to break the new impenetrable seal. (note I originally had ALTTP where windwaker now sits and I'm not really that happy with where I've had to stuff it now that windwaker appears to takeplace before it cuz Ganon still retains his original Ganondorf form all throughout)

Any feedback is welcome please lemme know if you guys think I can place some of the games better.

Last edited:

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
Okay, so would this suffice as the simplified version?
------------/---TWW-PH---FS---ALttP-----------
-TMC---OoT
------------\MM---TP---OoS=OoA-LA---LoZ-AoL-

If it would, I have a few questions
1. Where is FSA?
2. What's the progression of Hyrule from TWW to FS to ALttP?
3. Are you saying that during the end of TWW the King sent both the Triforce and Ganon back to the Sacred Realm?
4. How do you account for LA's connections to ALttP?

Okay, so would this suffice as the simplified version?
-TMC---OoT
Yeah that's perfect thank you for doing that. I copied and pasted what I had originally posted for the wiki thread, should have simplified it though now that I think about it.

If it would, I have a few questions
1. Where is FSA?

right after the other four sword entry.

2. What's the progression of Hyrule from TWW to FS to ALttP?

hyrule drains after WW and PH although I can't really even guess how much time would have to pass for that to happen, millions of years, possibly a billion? not really sure. Although I did state how hyrule got back to the way it was in the LTTP entry though I'm not really happy with where LTTP is at the moment I've been trying to work it in somewhere else on timeline B but the WW just makes it really tough with everything that happens in the game. And I like to think it takes place on Timeline B I'd hate to move it to A cuz the backstory for the game just fits so perfect with what happens in the adult link time period.
3. Are you saying that during the end of TWW the King sent both the Triforce and Ganon back to the Sacred Realm?

Yes since I don't think Ganon was really dead, as he didn't seem to dissappointed and was laughing when he was defeated.

4. How do you account for LA's connections to ALttP?

I don't really see any connections aside from some of the same weapons, the ocarina and the firerod, but I can overlook those connections. With the whole game taking place on Dream Island it appears it could really fit anywhere. Unless it's just been too long and there's something I can't seem to remember that ties it to LTTP.

D

Deku Lord

-TMC---OoT
Yes since I don't think Ganon was really dead, as he didn't seem to dissappointed and was laughing when he was defeated.

I believe, though I haven't played the game in a while, that he was laughing because he thought he was about to (finally) conquer Hyrule.

I don't really see any connections aside from some of the same weapons, the ocarina and the firerod, but I can overlook those connections. With the whole game taking place on Dream Island it appears it could really fit anywhere. Unless it's just been too long and there's something I can't seem to remember that ties it to LTTP.

How about the Dethyl taking the form of Agahnim?

I believe, though I haven't played the game in a while, that he was laughing because he thought he was about to (finally) conquer Hyrule.

How about the Dethyl taking the form of Agahnim?

doesn't really mean it's connected to ALTTP, it could just be nintendo reusing that aspect of ALTTP at the time to make the boss fight more challenging. Lots of wizards could probably do agahnim's move, it doesn't seem like in essence it would be a technique that couldn't be replicated.

He was? but he was being turned to stone, how would he be able too?

D

Deku Lord

While that is true, it fits no other current game, which leads to the question of "Why would Nintendo want to cause more confusion?" Also, it would be foolish to make a direct sequel to a game that did not exist, and that they did not plan to make for several years to come.

@ Deku Lord. Exactly, Link Awakening is a direct sequal to ALttP, it even says in LA's storyline that it is. "Though you fullfilled the prophecy of the legendary hero" He was seen as the legendary hero in ALttP, Hero of Time in OoT, Hero of Winds in TWW, etc etc etc. Debate is over.

The Oracle games do go with ALttP and LA, we just don't know where.
Damn you Nintendo and your lack of thinking out the series before you add new games...

D

Deku Lord

Nein, nein! They do not! There is no conclusive evidence supporting that.

@ Deku Lord. Exactly, Link Awakening is a direct sequal to ALttP, it even says in LA's storyline that it is. "Though you fullfilled the prophecy of the legendary hero" He was seen as the legendary hero in ALttP, Hero of Time in OoT, Hero of Winds in TWW, etc etc etc. Debate is over.

Yeah but that info could be outdated now we don't know nintendo's logic and if they've stuck with what they originally intended. While I agree after looking through the link and what's been said it was probably intended to be put with ALTTP initially we don't know where it fits now or if nintendo even still sees it that way. It could go with other games too. And please don't make premature statements like that before the other party has even had a chance to reply. I also don't see how the debate could be over as the thread's still active and it's a public forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom