• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline Theory

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
This is my idea of the timeline and if you find something that bothers you then please speak up.

Loz - AoL
/
\
MC - FS/FSA - AlttP - OoS - OoA - LA - OoT - MM - TP - WW - PH

I put OoS separate from OoA because you meet Queen Ambi in OoS and You meet Queen Ambi in OoA but in the past.

again if you have a problem with this at all then post and i will try to explain why I believe this.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think the main part that most would not agree with here is that the timeline officially splits into two different timelines during the events of OoT. Timelines pretty much have to stem from the idea that there's two branches from this point. MM is a direct Child Timeline sequel, and WW is a sequel to the events of the Adult Timeline.

I'm interested to know why you have LoZ / AoL on a separate level (separate timeline?) from MC. Can you explain why you made some of these choices a bit more?

This is my idea of the timeline and if you find something that bothers you then please speak up.

Loz - AoL
/
\

Aonuma made certain parts of the timeline solid. Those being, that the timeline splits after OoT, and that WW and TP are parallel; WW taking place after the future ending of OoT (or Adult Timeline) and TP taking place about a generation after Link was sent back to his childhood (or Child Timeline).

Therefore, if your timeline doesn't include this:

...../--WW/PH
OoT
.....\MM--TP

...then its already wrong. No offence or anything, of course. But that much of the timeline has been stated as fact. Notice I have also included the known sequels, MM to OoT, and PH to WW.

Loz - AoL
/
\

I put OoS separate from OoA because you meet Queen Ambi in OoS and You meet Queen Ambi in OoA but in the past.

again if you have a problem with this at all then post and i will try to explain why I believe this.

Wow, not to bash or anything, but that is completely wrong. All the games that involve the Master Sword MUST be before ALttP, which would be OoT/MM, TP, and WW/PH. But Windwaker doesn't take place on the same timeline as TP... Like DL01 said, they're parallel in time.

Plus, a lot of time passed between MC and FS/FSA. FS/FSA are sequels to MC, but not direct sequels. FS/FSA has to go before ALttP, but pretty much after TP, in the already established timeline. OoX cannot go in between ALttP and LA because LA is a direct sequel to ALttP.

Miyamoto confirmed that LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, and OoT were on the same timeline in the order:

OoT--LoZ/AoL--ALttP/LA

And then later the timeline split.

If you don't have the already established timeline part of your timeline, you're automatically wrong. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
I think the main part that most would not agree with here is that the timeline officially splits into two different timelines during the events of OoT. Timelines pretty much have to stem from the idea that there's two branches from this point. MM is a direct Child Timeline sequel, and WW is a sequel to the events of the Adult Timeline.

I'm interested to know why you have LoZ / AoL on a separate level (separate timeline?) from MC. Can you explain why you made some of these choices a bit more?

I put LoZ and AoL on seperate timlines because i really couldn't figure out where they would fit in the timeline. plus i dont believe in the "child timeline, adult timeline" thing. i think that after MM it's just link looking for navi still. so thats why i didnt make a split at OoT. plus the TP thing that darklink says there is a lot of stuff in TP that can make it a sequel to OoT and a prequel to WW:
1. in the hidden village impaz was named after the one that founded it."impaz" "impa"

2. the spirit faron giving link the green tunic saying it belonged to the hero.

3. the zora tunic being made for the hero of the "past"

4. the hero's shade telling you of the old hero being ashamed of your powers

5. and if you want to bash me with the BS of WW link in TP was a wolf a lot of the time and the people of hyrule were spirits a lot also and when they werent they didnt acknowledge him as a hero and when he stabbed ganondorf with the master sword the master swword lost its power and ganondorf rose again and thats when teh gods flooded hyrule.

number 5 is my opinion and is pretty logical (in my opinion)

and hayzer why does AlttP have to be after all the other games with the master sword on the timeline? plus if you want me to believe that miyamoto confirmed that part of the timeline then youre going to have to send me a link.

Last edited:
I put LoZ and AoL on seperate timlines because i really couldn't figure out where they would fit in the timeline. plus i dont believe in the "child timeline, adult timeline" thing. i think that after MM it's just link looking for navi still. so thats why i didnt make a split at OoT.

The thing about the Adult and Child timeline split is that it has been confirmed by the developers. They even told us where TP and WW go, as distant sequels, to OoT on these respective timelines. Now, I know you will believe whatever you want, and that's perfectly fine. Just so you know that your timeline won't hold much credibility at all as long as it goes against the order that I typed in my first post. As long as your timeline goes against that setup that has been confirmed by the developers, no timeline theorist will be able to take it seriously. The reason being is because the developers said so, and the games just make more sense that way. Its not that we just wanna believe the developers because they are the developers, but its because WW makes sense to be after OoT on the AT, and TP makes sense to be after OoT on the CT.

A lot of the games are still debatable, and still being debated all the time, like OoX and LA's placement, or what order ALttP and LoZ/AoL go in. But things like the AT/CT split timeline are solid.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
The thing about the Adult and Child timeline split is that it has been confirmed by the developers. They even told us where TP and WW go, as distant sequels, to OoT on these respective timelines. Now, I know you will believe whatever you want, and that's perfectly fine. Just so you know that your timeline won't hold much credibility at all as long as it goes against the order that I typed in my first post. As long as your timeline goes against that setup that has been confirmed by the developers, no timeline theorist will be able to take it seriously. The reason being is because the developers said so, and the games just make more sense that way. Its not that we just wanna believe the developers because they are the developers, but its because WW makes sense to be after OoT on the AT, and TP makes sense to be after OoT on the CT.

A lot of the games are still debatable, and still being debated all the time, like OoX and LA's placement, or what order ALttP and LoZ/AoL go in. But things like the AT/CT split timeline are solid.

if its confirmed by developers then you are also going to send me a link. until then i am keeping my timeline as is.

"About when is the Twilight Princess timeline set?

Aonuma: 'In a world some hundred years after 'Ocarina of Time.'

"And 'Wind Waker"

Aonuma: 'Wind Waker' is parallel. In 'Ocarina of Time,' Link jumps to
a world seven years ahead, defeats Ganon, and returns to the time of
his childhood, right? 'Twilight Princess' is a world a hundred some
years after that pacified childhood time.'
(SOURCE, 2)

This is a quote from Zeruda. I have used this quote countless times and appreciate her for posting it. It seems to come in handy quite a lot for me.

You can click on the first "SOURCE" link to go to the actual Japanese interview. The "2" link takes you to Zelda Universe, where they translated the interview.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I hope that this is enough proof for you...
Also, if you think your theory is solid, can you tell us all what cause the split in your timeline?
Enlighten us,please

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
I hope that this is enough proof for you...
Also, if you think your theory is solid, can you tell us all what cause the split in your timeline?
Enlighten us,please

are you talking about this?
Loz - AoL
/
\
MC
if you are talikng this then im telling you that its not a split, its my theory that LoZ and AoL happen in different timelines.

and Darklink you did give me a link and i thank you for that but whats still confusing me is if WW and TP are parallel then how are there two ganondorfs?please explain but i will work on that part of the timeline.

and Darklink you did give me a link and i thank you for that but whats still confusing me is if WW and TP are parallel then how are there two ganondorfs?please explain but i will work on that part of the timeline.

They exist in different times; Different worlds altogether. Its like if today, you had to make a decision on whether or not to, say, join the army. Okay, well in one world, you would be in the army. In the other world, you may have chose not to, and you would not be in the army. Its essentially the same deal.

When Link went seven years into the future in OoT, everything he did as an adult never happened on the CT (Child Timeline), because at the very end, Zelda sent him back to live out his childhood. Instead of going on this big adventure, he just told Zelda what Ganondorf was about to do, and the Royal Family kept an eye on him. When he did something bad, they immediately sentenced him to death. This is what happened on the CT.

Now, on the AT, the timeline where Adult Link gathered all the medallions in OoT and defeated Ganon in the end, as I said none of that exists anymore on the CT; But it still does in that alternate world of the AT. Nintendo still makes games based on both endings. WW fits the ending where Ganondorf was defeated by Adult Link because it talks about it in the intro, and you find out by playing the game that everything is based on what happened during and after Adult Link defeated Ganon. The same pretty much goes for TP. Everything that is going on in that game is a result of what Child Link did after he was sent back to his own time.

Its not that there are "two" Ganondorfs or "two" Triforces or "two" Hyrules... There is only one in each universe; Each timeline. Each timeline just shows you what would have happened after this event and that event, and the events begin with OoT's ending.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
There two ganondorfs because...... well because there two ganondorfs! When Link is sent back in time to live out his childhood by zelda he informs everyone of Gannys plan of world domination (and then he starts searching for navi which results in MM).Because th cats out of the bag, Ganondorf is then sealed up in the Twilight Realm (after a failed excution), breaks free, and then is deafeted by the Hero of Twilight. In the OTHER side of the timeline (the AT) Ganondorf takes over hyrule but is then deafeted by the Hero of Time and sealed away by the seven sages. He then breaks free and starts trouble but since there s no link to stop him, the goddesses instead seal hyrule away under the ocean. But, he breaks free (again) but this time the hero of winds is there two stop it and then, well, lets just say Ganny is now in the bottom of the ocean turned to stone with a sword sticking outta his head.

This has all been confirmed by the developers and in game information. If your timeline does not include this:
.........../--WW\PH
......OoT
...........\MM--TP
then most people would dismiss it and not take it seriously at all.

Dammit darklink! Once again you beat me to the punch.....

OoX cannot go in between ALttP and LA because LA is a direct sequel to ALttP.

Miyamoto confirmed that LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, and OoT were on the same timeline in the order:

OoT--LoZ/AoL--ALttP/LA

Actually Hayzer you really shouldnt state ALttP/LA as a FACT becuse at this moment in time it is NOT a fact it is one of a few theories which are flying around so until they make a game or say something that contradicts anything else. Cannot is the wrong word to use.

Also that is not what Miyamoto said, he said it went OoT--LoZ/AoL--ALttP and LA went anywhere after OoT which could mean after LoZ/AoL or OoT aswell as ALttP

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
To play off of what DL01 said, Each timeline is basically a "what if" scenario. I see the AT as more of the original series. Not that the CT is wrong or bad or not canon or anything like that, but originally, Link was sealed for 7 years, then he went on his adventures and defeated Ganon and Ganon was sealed away. This leads into the AT and if Link could not time travel, then the AT would be the only timeline.

So the CT, to me, is more of the "what if" timeline. What if Link could go back in time and stop Ganondorf from going through with his overtaking of Hyrule? The CT answers that question by having Ganondorf captured before doing anything terrible and being sentenced to execution. The funny thing is that both timelines lead to Ganondorf returning or still being around. Basically, the timelines tell us that Ganondorf is a staple that Hyrule can't really escape (as far as we know).

Actually Hayzer you really shouldnt state ALttP/LA as a FACT becuse at this moment in time it is NOT a fact it is one of a few theories which are flying around so until they make a game or say something that contradicts anything else. Cannot is the wrong word to use.

Also that is not what Miyamoto said, he said it went OoT--LoZ/AoL--ALttP and LA went anywhere after OoT which could mean after LoZ/AoL or OoT aswell as ALttP

Point being, it wouldn't have mattered to him. Yeah, you're right, LA can go anywhere, based on what Miyamoto said, so I get you're point. Don't think I'm stupid and don't know anything because of that though.

In the general aspect of things though, it makes MOST sense as a direct sequel to ALttP, that's why I put it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom