• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline Theory

That was the idea of the linearist theory Darklink as it wouldnt work so there cant be a split timelime, the triforce is a lower tier evidence for me like geography (unless its obvious i.e. great sea)

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that this is your theory? Also, I see the placement of the Triforce as a very important factor in the timeline. True, there are some plot holes, such as many people believing that OoT is the SW spoken of in ALttP's BS, but that's not what I believe, so the Triforce has more value towards the timeline for me. Link having to gather the Triforce in WW is a MAJOR part of the story.

I think that might have been when you edited my timeline for your preferance (its okay whatevers best) but I havent put ALttP as a direct sequel to FSA on my timeline because of the reason you said (In FSA, they are friends, in ALttP they dont know each other)

I'm confused again on what you are trying to say. In your original post, you have ALttP as a direct sequel to FSA. That would mean that they contain the same Link and Zelda. You can have many reasons why you believe that ALttP is a direct sequel to FSA, but the fact that Link and Zelda do not know each other in ALttP breaks all of those reasons (if that's what you are arguing here).[/QUOTE]

The Sleeping Zelda is one of the reasons I put the originals on the CT as if the great flood happened (even the castle gets flooded at the end) in WW then the sleeping princess would have drowned.

Right. That makes good sense. But I still don't really consider AoL's BS as a good example to use when making a timeline. As I had stated, it just isn't relavent enough anymore to the other games. But still, even without it, the timeline would fall into place as you have it there in your first theory.

Theory 2
------AT------ (FPTRR) -- WW/PH -- ST -- LoZ/AoL
MC -- FS -- OOT
------CT------ /MM -- TP/(LCT) -- FSA -- ALttP (GBA)/LA -/- OOX

This is my second idea is this more viable as I made the mistake of thinking Ganon had the trident in the original NES games and so would make sense on the Adult Timeline but the problem of Zelda drowning still remains.

Well the developers, as I have stated already, don't seem to care about the BS in AoL. If they did, the would make reference to her in the newer games that have came out after it. So the fact that Zelda might drown obviously isn't important to them, therefore it isn't important to the storyline anymore (at least until they make mention of her down the road some time). This second theory could work as well, but not if you have it structured like this because of the water's receding or something. Maybe the Hyrule in LoZ/AoL is the new land discovered by Link and Tetra (the land obviously shown in ST). That would make sense to a certain degree.

No that is not my theory it is a linearist theory to try to dispell the idea of a split timeline which I obviously believe in as my theory is a split timeline.

Sorry I was just looking at my timeline and not the bit I put direct sequels at the bottom now I understand that was just a mistake no I dont believe it is a direct sequel but a generational sequel. Hope that clears that up.

Could very well be that the developers know the story but wont restrain themselves to following the story but it still does make things a bit difficult to place.

"So what do you two make of the fact that FSA's backstory refers to the events of FS, yet talks about Zelda, indicating the current Zelda?"

Well I dont actually believe that they are talking about the same Zelda, as they were all princesses of hyrule and all called Zelda. Ive read the passage and it doesnt really say it is the current Zelda or Link and just that it is a Link and Zelda.

--EDIT--

Ive just had an idea after watching a timeline theory on Youtube (yeah I know). Well here it is.

Would an order of ALttP - LoZ/AoL - OoX/LA make sense, Ill explain the idea.

At the end of ALttP, Ganon is defeated/killed by Link and Link meets the essence of the triforce and wishes that the actions of ALttP never took place and so Ganon is resurrected in a way. Then he eventually re-breaks his seal and the events of LoZ take place (the reason there's only two pieces of triforce is that Zelda II says that he wasnt ready/old enough to obtain it but since WW Link seems so young (I prefer not ready), he becomes ready and they attempt to resurrect Ganon in AoL but fail. Time passes and with the triforce being whole as of the end of AoL, Link goes to check on it in OoX where Twinrova attempt to resurrect Ganon through Onox and Veran. This link then sets to return to Hyrule and is shiprecked leading through to LA which I think is possible without this Link having to have been the one from ALttP, i.e. Aganhaim being a mini-boss etc.

Please tell me what you think and if you think its wrong please tell me why, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom