• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline theories(yes,i have them,too)

I must have missed the part where the manual stated LoZ came after ALttP. Which manual are you referring to anyway?

Plus, Ganondorf (human) was the main antagonist of OoT's Child timeline. There is the point where he is not in his pig form, which I will call Ganon. He didn't become Ganon until after he acquired the Triforce of Power which enabled him to do so. In the Child Timeline, he never got the Triforce of Power. This didn't happen until sometime AFTER Link pulled the Master Sword from the pedestal, which was a time when Link was in the process of waiting to become Adult Link. When he returned to his Child Timeline, he went back to the point before the door was open to the Sacred Realm for Ganondorf to even enter to attempt to gain access to the Triforce.

Ganondorf also becomes his Ganon form in Twilight Princess and makes reference to it in Wind Waker. So you can't say that they don't exist in these games just because the majority has him as a human.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Twilight Princess is in the Child Timeline, between OoT and ALttP(geographical issues prove it)... About ALttP coming before LoZ, it is stated in the original SNES ALttP manual

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
also remember that those were the first games to come out before a timeline was even thought of. after a timeline has been introduced and confirmed by the creators, their ideas of where the old games go may be changed drastically.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
also remember that those were the first games to come out before a timeline was even thought of. after a timeline has been introduced and confirmed by the creators, their ideas of where the old games go may be changed drastically.

Or they may be not, well... we could be arguing about this for eternity, or we could agree in one thing: we are shooting hints in the dark

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
arguing gets no one no where. we are gonna believe what we want to believe for the rest of our life and no one will change our minds. the only way to change our minds is to figure out the evidence and decide on our own and we both have the same evidence both ways and we both have different views. there is nothing wrong with that. if this website didnt have people with different views then it wouldnt survive.

the point i was just making is that those games were the first games made before there was ever talk of a timeline. now that there is a timeline, there could be different views on what games may go inbetween the old games, if any. im not saying thats what i believe, im just saying that it is something to keep in mind.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I know and I have to agree with you about that...
As much as we know, we could be both wrong, i mean, plainly wrong

I suppose it would make sense if ALttP came before LoZ because of its name and all, and sense the manual supposidly states it. At least that makes things a little better. But I can agree that the older games were made without regard to any others we have now. If anything, the new ones should in some way link back to the older ones or at least give hints as to whether they come before or after, and that is the confusing part. Not too many of the newer games give many hints.

Also, I have looked at Hyrule's geography once before to get ideas about what took place when. To me, I don't consider it most of the time whenever I think of what the timeline might be, other than the fact of say TP's and OoT's geography being similar. To me its just too much to think about. I consider things such as references to bosses like Ganondorf/Ganon, placement of the Triforce, and major changes within Hyrule, not just two locations switched around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom