• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline theories(yes,i have them,too)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
This is my timeline Theory... If you wanna call me a jerk, don't even reply, but if instead you have strong arguments,feel free to post and discuss:)

The Minish Cap; Four Swords; OoT
(reality splits)

Adult Timeline:The Wind Waker; Phantom Hourglass

Child Timeline: Majora's Mask; Twilight Princess; Four Swords Adventures; A Link to the Past; Link's Awakening; The Legend of Zelda; Adventures of Link; Oracle of Ages; Oracle of Seasons(in no specific order, even though the non-canonical source of the manga puts Ages before Seasons)

So..discuss:)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i would change LoZ and AoL to the adult timeline because LoZ is the ONLY zelda game that takes place on an ocean shoreline. this would lead me to think that this game either comes before or after a game that has a GREAT ocean in it and it would make no sense if it came before WW so i would put it after WW/PH because it is possibly a hint that there was once a Great flood that windled down and created a lesser ocean in LoZ. and everyone knows that AoL takes place shortly after LoZ.

other than that. i like your idea.

This timeline is almost exactly like the one I've been defending in the "best Timeline I've seen" thread, and Like Zemen125, the only thing I'd change is placing LoZ and AoL after PH in the adult timeline. Aside from the coastline argument, we also have to remember that in AoL the towns are named after the sages from OoT. (I know in real life the towns came first, but in the Zelda universe, it's the other way around) However, in the child timeline, those characters never became sages. Instead, the old sages from TP (who I guess died in the adult part of OoT) start a bloodline of maidens whom we see in FSA and ALttP.

Also, the post flood new hyrule provides a perfect place to put the AoL backstory.

I forgot to mention that I'd also put the oracles games before LA because the combined ending shows link leaving on a sailboat very much like the one from LA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
no No... you don't get it, those characters never exist in the Adult Timeline(referring to the TP sages)... Also, the fact that LoZ has plenty of water, doesn't have nothing to do with the fact that it is after Ph... I guess that hyrule as a seashore-ish nature, and over the time, it has tendency to get filled with more and more water

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
it would make a WHOLE lot more sense for the reason of the water in LoZ to be post-flood waters. none of the other games hint to any kind of ocean except for LA in which he is sailing across the ocean. it would make sense because Link and Tetra went off to find a new hyrule. because they are traveling the ocean they find a new Hyrule and it is a coastal setting. at least this theory has a solid back up. just saying that you think Hyrule has always had a shore is not very solid.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
No... it doesn't, period!
Also, if you look closely, Ganon(not Ganondorf) never appears in the Adult Timeline, only on the Child Timeline, and I think that's another reason to state that LoZ and AoL is on the Child Timeline

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well if you put LoZ and AoL on the adult timeline (like many people do) then Ganon DOES show up on the adult timeline. the only reason he doesnt show up on the adult timeline according you is because of your placement of the games.

you cant just say that Ganon doesnt show up on the adult timeline. that is just a theory, not a fact.

we all have theories and it is very unfair to just straight up tell me im wrong, because you are just as unsure as every other fan. i never once said i was right i just said it makes more sense.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
You are being a bit slow minded, so i'm gonna explain this better, if you want...
In the Adult Timeline, the battle on the ruined Ganon's tower never happened, so Ganon was never transformed into Ganon, we see that on the Wind Waker...
He can't just Pop out and say "hey, let me turn myself into a demon shape" without reason. LoZ and AoL are clearly in the Child Timeline

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
haha im not slow minded at all. just because he ISNT ganon in WW doesnt mean he cant BECOME ganon. are you following this? let me explain. in TP ganondorf turns into ganon during the final fight. just because ganondorf doesnt do this in WW doesnt mean he cant do it. at the end of WW ganondorf is turned to stone by the master sword, thus destroying his human form. this means that in order for him to come back, he would have to come back in a different form aka a giant boar like demon named ganon.

for the record, this is a friendly conversation, you dont have to go calling people slow minded. this is a place for zelda fans to introduce their ideas and thoughts. this place doesnt need people like you who will be an *** about what someone thinks.

Wind Waker makes many references to Ganon's pig form, both in the intro story, where he is shown crawling out of his confinds or seal from wherever the sages put him, and whenever you face Puppet Ganon.

Therefore, you also have to take into consideration that Ganondorf has the knowledge of what he can become (Ganon: Pig Form), in Wind Waker. Right before you fight Puppet Ganon, Ganondorf says "Let me show you my true form", or something along those lines, then appears as if he is transforming into Ganon, except he dosen't, but the Puppet is, in appearance, that of pig form Ganon.

Ganondorf also transformed back into his human self after being defeated in the Adult Timeline at the end of OoT. So it really depends on how one would interpret his transformation and when he would choose to do so. It seems that he is only able to when he has some sort of power enabling the transformation, and when he feels that it is a last effort.

Your timeline places most games where we see Ganondorf in possession of the Triforce of Power within the Child Timeline, when in fact he did not recieve this piece of the Triforce until the moment when he stepped into the Sacred Realm, when young Link was sealed within the Temple of Time. Whenever Link returned to his child time, it was before Ganondorf had been able to do this, thus he would not have possession of the Triforce in any Child Timeline unless another game referenced him obtaining it.

So, not to say it is a bad timeline, because I myself am not able to come up with one yet, but there are problems within it, just like there are every other timeline. And people will criticize it, so be ready for that whenever you put one on here. To me, thats the whole point of posting a timeline in this forum: to find the imperfections in it and fix them until eventually we come up with something that most people will agree on. Of course, that is going to be quite difficult.

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Look... If you pay attention, in 99% of the Games where Ganon shows up in the Child Timeline, he is in his pig form, and can't revert back to the Gerudo form... Like in LoZ... and in WW he is in his human form, and, even being impaled with the sword doesn't mean his body was destroyed, just that he got turned to stone and while the Master Sword is attached to him, he can't come to life

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Look... If you pay attention, in 99% of the Games where Ganon shows up in the Child Timeline, he is in his pig form, and can't revert back to the Gerudo form... Like in LoZ... and in WW he is in his human form, and, even being impaled with the sword doesn't mean his body was destroyed, just that he got turned to stone and while the Master Sword is attached to him, he can't come to life

that depends on where you put LoZ on the timeline though. in LoZ he is in his pig form and not his human form. i put LoZ after WW because LoZ has an ocean shoreline to Hyrule so i think that is the new hyrule that Tetra and Link set out to find. also, it would make sense that he is only in his pig form in LoZ. at the end of WW, ganondrof's human body is "destroyed" so he could only come back as his pig form, hence why in LoZ he is only in his pig form.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think you are plainly wrong, no matter what, LoZ fits better after ALttP and LA for so many reasons, even the manual states that LoZ is after ALttP, wich means that it has to be in the Child timeline...
I think that for now there are only two games in the adult timeline: WW and PH

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
you can think i am plainly wrong all you want but thats my theory and im sticking to it and until we have confirmed proof that it doesnt go there, there is not a god damn thing you can do about what i think :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom