• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Timeline Based on Veran Altering Past 400 Years

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
First of all, ive been a lurker on various zelda forums on and off since MM and its nice to finally join in hands on. I recently just finished the last 2 games I had yet to complete, both oracle games, in anticipation for SS. One thing has kind of been in the back of my head the last few days in the shower though...yes, the shower :nod:

In Oracle of Ages Veran alters the past 400 years. Why is this not up for subject more often. I think this could be a critical plot point for timeline adjustments, seeing how Capcom developed 3 of the most difficult games to place along with the Oracle games that seemingly handle where they could go.

Im proposing a timeline that resembles this;

------------/WW-PH->ST
-----SS->OoT
------------\MM->TP
---------------\
(TMC->FS/FSA)->Alttp->OoX/LA->LoZ/AoL
--|<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--|

- SS starts off the timeline, followed by OoT where the timeline splits.
- WW/PH/ST take over the AT.
- MM starts off the CT, Link uses to ocarina of time again, and splits the timeline. One scenerio where he saves the day and leads to TP and another where Termina is destroyed and leads to alttp.
- Now here is where it starts to get a little fun in my opinion....the original SNES alttp follows MM and leads into OoX.
-OoA Veran alters the past 400 years, setting up an alternate trilogy of games leading up to alttp, happening in close conjuction with the SS era.
-FS/FSA follows MC
-FSA is the new prequel of alttp where ganon is blue and has his trident, and the Knights of Hyrule make an appearance. FSA is not the IW but it leads up to the GBA version of alttp where the four sword shrine is.
-In OoA, link restores the past, and the four swords trilogy and GBA alttp vanishes from history as if it never happened. Which is why the games are in parentheses.
-Link sets out to sea and LA takes place whether its a dream or reality.
-LoZ and AoL take place sometime after.

I think its very plausible. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Very good theory, I was making my own timeline theory a little bit before I read this, then I found out there was a four sword shrine in the GBA version of AttP, I only played the SNES version so I didn't know about it, so when I read this I figured out I gotta do my timeline all over again!

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
Very good theory, I was making my own timeline theory a little bit before I read this, then I found out there was a four sword shrine in the GBA version of AttP, I only played the SNES version so I didn't know about it, so when I read this I figured out I gotta do my timeline all over again!

Ive seen alot of people pretty much disregard the shrine in the GBA version as non canon, but its explainable in my timeline no matter what version you play so i put it in there. I just really like this timeline because it pretty much sets up two CTs where the old games have a place, the Four swords trilogy/OoX by capcom can be canon, and TP can start a new generation string of CT games without worrying about the oldies.

Adam

Undefeated
i'll have to take a deeper look at this since you didnt put much evidence in the original post, ill get back to you

geek4887

The Unknown
Thanks! I knew there was probably a second split in the timeline somewhere!

Just a couple questions.

1. Why does the fate of Termernia affect the timeline? i mean how is he trapped in the sacred realm if Termernia is destroyed yes in the Twilight realm if it isn't?
2. Why are there 2 aLttP when I'm fairly sure it was added as a bonus after completing four swords and not a direct story component?
3. This ties deeply with number one. While SNES aLttP link is battling Ganandorf why is he in bull form with the trident of power if Veran hasn't gone back in time yet?

That's really all i can see in the way of this theory. If you could please explain it to me then it could actually work pretty well.(and interestingly)

Oh and im already going to Assume that Naryu(God not Oracle(Actually quite possbly both)) Fixed up all the time paradoxes caused. (as she has done in OoT and MM)

Pen

The game is on!
It's a very interesting theory indeed, I see one bad thing with it though. The games Alttp->OoX/LA->LoZ/AoL seem to have two past histories, that makes no sense at all in my opinion. Two timelines can't go together, it just doesn't work. I know it's not really that way, but still. Veran's time traveling should rather split the timeline again and create a third part of the timeline. Anyways, I like how you thought here, but I for one can't fully agree with it.

I think these are my two principal comments upon your timeline. It's a good attempt at constructing an "unconventional" one.

- I can't understand how FSA and OoT can lead to the same AlttP (save the addition of the Palace of the Four Sword in one timeline). OoT Ganondorf doesn't have the Trident, for instance, whereas FSA Ganon has it.
- Why does time travelling in MM create a new timeline when time travelling in OoA merely alters the past?

/Blue Window

This is probably my favourite timeline, there is no way we'll ever be able to move forward when people just post
Oot-WW-PH-St-Loz-Aol
.....\MM-TP-Alttp-Oox-LA
I salute you for thinking outside the box :)
I'd like to see you explain Adventure of link's placement though, it doesn't make much sense atm

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
Just a couple questions.

1. Why does the fate of Termernia affect the timeline? i mean how is he trapped in the sacred realm if Termernia is destroyed yes in the Twilight realm if it isn't?
2. Why are there 2 aLttP when I'm fairly sure it was added as a bonus after completing four swords and not a direct story component?
3. This ties deeply with number one. While SNES aLttP link is battling Ganandorf why is he in bull form with the trident of power if Veran hasn't gone back in time yet?

1. The fate of termina isnt effecting the timeline, its effected when link uses the ocarina of time to save it. Im assuming by "he" you mean ganon, there is no game that presents the IW that sends ganon into the sacred realm. OoT was supposed to, but it didnt, as proven by Twilight Princess before ganon was to be executed he killed the water sage. Since he had the triforce of power they couldnt execute him and sent him to the twilight realm. FSA was supposed to as well, but ended up not being the IW. How ganon is trapped in the sacred realm in alttp has yet to be determined by future installments.

2. There is only one alttp, after link restores the 400 years altered by Veran the GBA alttp doesnt exist.

3. Ganon in bull/pig form with the trident has no relation to whether Veran alters the past or not. We have yet to find out how at this point ganon escaped from the twilight realm after OoT and flee to the pyramid where the trident transformed him to the bull/pig in the potentially official IW game. The trident is known to be created by the "the tribe of darkness" which could very well be related to the tribe banished to the twilight realm. So there only needs to be one game created that shows how ganon escaped the twilight realm, battled link to be sentanced to the SR, which would be the official IW backstory that leads to alttp. Whether its in FSA or a future title that takes its official spot in the timeline doesnt matter, since FSA is deleted from history.

It's a very interesting theory indeed, I see one bad thing with it though. The games Alttp->OoX/LA->LoZ/AoL seem to have two past histories, that makes no sense at all in my opinion. Two timelines can't go together, it just doesn't work. I know it's not really that way, but still. Veran's time traveling should rather split the timeline again and create a third part of the timeline. Anyways, I like how you thought here, but I for one can't fully agree with it.

Veran never time travels, he doesnt ever go 400 years in the past to gain power or anything. He merely altered the 400 years prior. Think of it like the movie ground hogs day. The guy wakes up every morning and no matter what he does for 30 days on repeat it never effects the 31st day when things go back to normal accept he has information to get the girl he likes.

I think these are my two principal comments upon your timeline. It's a good attempt at constructing an "unconventional" one.

- I can't understand how FSA and OoT can lead to the same AlttP (save the addition of the Palace of the Four Sword in one timeline). OoT Ganondorf doesn't have the Trident, for instance, whereas FSA Ganon has it.
- Why does time travelling in MM create a new timeline when time travelling in OoA merely alters the past?

/Blue Window

OoT never leads directly into alttp and neither has FSA. Only the IW can officially lead into it, and we have yet to see a game based on the IW as I previously stated. We know that ganon was sentanced to the twilight realm. So when link splits time in MM hes in the twilight realm twice. Once in Twilight princess, and how he gets out in the second and loses the triforce of power to be banished to the SR we have yet to see. OoT doesnt have the trident because he had yet to betray his people and take it. MM creates a new time line based on the only thing in this game that can, the ocarina of time. Veran altering the past isnt sending him back in time.

As far as AoL and my reasoning, well it obviously follows LoZ, I guess the only problem is the debatable canon backstory of sleeping zelda. I think we need to wait for SS to find out about the sleeping zelda BS. If there isnt any hints to it, as much as I would hate doing it, I think we need to disregard it as non canon possibly.
if a mod can delete the first two posts out of the three in a row i somehow managed to post at once I would appreciate it! sorry for that have no clue how it happened

Last edited:
Also remember that Veran alters the past in Labrynna or Holodrum? whichever one she's in, and not Hyrule. So while she may alter the past in this land, Hyrule is completely unaffected by her and so whatever happens in Hyrule will remain completely untouched.

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
Also remember that Veran alters the past in Labrynna or Holodrum? whichever one she's in, and not Hyrule. So while she may alter the past in this land, Hyrule is completely unaffected by her and so whatever happens in Hyrule will remain completely untouched.

Im under the impression that they are part of the same planet as hyrule, seeing how the twinrova sisters, Kotake and Koume, attempted to revive ganon at the end. Whether your in china or mexico, altering 400 years is altering 400 years, unless you alter 400 years on mars....

Im under the impression that they are part of the same planet as hyrule, seeing how the twinrova sisters, Kotake and Koume, attempted to revive ganon at the end. Whether your in china or mexico, altering 400 years is altering 400 years, unless you alter 400 years on mars....

Same planet yes, but if you take an isolated island and change something on it does that affect the rest of the world? The only connection going between these lands and Hyrule is Link. If you go back 400 years, then yes, Hyrule would too, but there's nothing happening in this land that is affecting Hyrule, so Hyrule is progressing as it did naturally for those 400 years. As far as Twinrova at the end of the LINKED games. I would say that would be more of a bonus than anything and didn't really seem to hold much significance in the long run. Considering that he was revived and killed within minutes doesn't really affect much. So, like you were saying, it would be similar to altering the past 400 years on Mars. Remember Link was teleported to these lands and so their distance and connection with Hyrule could be pretty far apart.

It's a interesting theory I do like it however, I do need to say though that since neither Nintendo/Eiji Aonuma/Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed any other time splits other than OoT split which leads to TWW it can't be regarded. Also, the GBA version of ALttP was merely a "remake" of some sort (save one extra dungeon by completing FS and the FS shrine) but it has nothing to do with any other split in time.

It's a interesting theory I do like it however, I do need to say though that since neither Nintendo/Eiji Aonuma/Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed any other time splits other than OoT split which leads to TWW it can't be regarded. Also, the GBA version of ALttP was merely a "remake" of some sort (save one extra dungeon by completing FS and the FS shrine) but it has nothing to do with any other split in time.

are you saying there is no point in making timelines unless you only go by what Eiji/Shigeru/Nintedo have said? where is the point in that

Oot-WW-PH-ST
....\MM-TP

have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom