• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Thoughts on the Official Timeline

Ocarina of Time WAS the Seal War. this is confirmed by developer statements. Ocarina of Time was nearly identical to the Seal War described in A Link to the Past. You are only going of recent developer statements. I am going off all of them.

Also, I'm very surprised that English isn't your native language. You know it remarkably well.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Ocarina of Time WAS the Seal War. this is confirmed by developer statements. Ocarina of Time was nearly identical to the Seal War described in A Link to the Past. You are only going of recent developer statements. I am going off all of them.

Also, I'm very surprised that English isn't your native language. You know it remarkably well.
QFT. That is what I've been trying to say. This whole debate is based on this misunderstanding. This timeline is assuming that LttP is after OoT as was confirmed in dev quotes at the time, then WW came and was also placed after OoT. Now we have two games occupying the same space after OoT. The graphical representation of the timeline bradley posted does not depict a split at that point. It just shows that both games are sequels to the adult ending of OoT. And I second the language complement.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2010/07/the-seal-war-and-the-zelda-timeline/
It's just not reasonable to still consider OoT to be the Seal War, despite original intentions.

Thank you. But it's like Achilles and the tortoise. I keep getting better, but I'll never catch up to native speakers. And I still have a long way ahead of me.

This timeline is assuming that LttP is after OoT as was confirmed in dev quotes at the time, then WW came and was also placed after OoT. Now we have two games occupying the same space after OoT.
No, just two games happening after OoT. To occupy the same space, they must occur at the same time. But one of them can have happened before the other. They'd still both be after OoT.

And I second the language complement.
Thank you. I really appreciate that.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
The quote went somthing like "We see FS as the oldest tale, with the one for the Gamecube [FSA] coming after that." So he had both games in mind when he said that. I don't remember if this was before or after the tea table incident though.

Did the Sons of Liberty do a "Hyrule Tea Party" as well?

:xd:

Anyway, great job Bradley. I like the work you've done here. Still, I really still don't see why MC is before SS, or why SS is on there now at all.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
No, just two games happening after OoT. To occupy the same space, they must occur at the same time. But one of them can have happened before the other. They'd still both be after OoT.
They can't both be after OoT on the same continuity while assuming OoT is still the SW. WW's BS doesn't allow room for LttP, and LttP doesn't allow room for WW. This timeline assumes that the intent for OoT to tell the backstory of LttP is still there. Yes, that's a bad assumption to make when trying to construct a working timeline, but it's quite possible that the connection was never destroyed in the official timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom