• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My thoughts and ideas of the Live action Zelda show

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
I decided to make my own thread about this as i have a lot of thoughts about it.

First of all i assumed it would based around the world of OoT, as it seems to be the biggest most popular Zelda game in a way. That's what the public really knows, when a lot of people think zelda, they think OoT. So this was my original thought, and it would not surprise me at all. I don't love this idea, but i think they could really do something with it.

However, when i heard they were working very closely with Nintendo on this one, my thought process changed. If Nintendo is working with them on it, I think they might go for something a bit bolder, like making a new story that is part of the canon, part of the official timeline. A new addition, making official zelda series a Multimedia thing, if you will. Then me and my brother had another idea. What if it went hand-in-hand with Zelda U? What if they play off eachother a bit, taking place in the same world and same time and everything. If they pulled this off, it could be incredible.

As for my wishes for the show, I definitely think link should talk. The only reason he didn't talk in the games is because the whole intent is that you ARE link. You are his voice and all that. Since it's a show, you're removing the player, which would make him not whole. So yeah he should have his own voice, definitely. And he should have a very in depth character that really develops as you go. He's gotta be lovable and BA at the same time like he always is. As for the whole feel of the show, in some ways i would like to see something similar to BBC's Merlin, in the way that it doesn't take itself too seriously, it can be pretty goofy at times, but it is still overall a pretty serious show with real feeling and emotion and sadness. I want a large focus on characters, maybe more than the focus on the overarching story, while still having a main plotline. I think Legend of Korra did this well, having a good focus on the characters and their relationships as well.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
First of all i assumed it would based around the world of OoT, as it seems to be the biggest most popular Zelda game in a way. That's what the public really knows, when a lot of people think zelda, they think OoT. So this was my original thought, and it would not surprise me at all. I don't love this idea, but i think they could really do something with it.
I doubt if this would be a OoT related thing. While OoT is the most popular game, I think it would make more sense if it tied in with either the most recent game, or the upcoming game, which in this case is Zelda U. OoT is old news, so making a tv show about it would be pointless.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I agree with your thoughts on the voice, all of them. Plus if it will be a TV show I a) don't expect it to be trashy (looking at you, GoT) b) better be following some normal trends (like the Verge article that said link would be a girl and Zelda black ((not racist, just doesn't fit typical Aryan Zelda)) which just wouldn't seem right. Even brunette Zelda was a weird thing) and c) better follow actual Zelda (not that Percy Jackson crap where book and movie are two different plot lines).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom